Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a new hotfix for Assetto Corsa Competizione, following the recent big build 1.6 release.
  • Fix for Logitech TrueForce
  • Various tweaks, fixes and optimisations.

In a follow up from the large 1.6 update release and new GTWC 2020 DLC pack, Italian development team Kunos Simulazioni have pushed live a small new hotfix update today, bringing to Assetto Corsa Competizione a few minor tweaks and fixes post new build update.

Nothing particularly notable stands out as worthy of particular mention from the latest build, unless you run a Logitech TrueForce wheel, but it is good to see Kunos remain on the case to wrap up any additional minor issues that have been collated following 1.6.

ACC Middle.jpg

1.6.1 Update Notes

GRAPHICS:

• Various texture optimizations.
UI:
  • Fixed MFD not updating when HUD hidden.
  • Added Imola in MP track preference list.
  • Hide pitlane cars filter in the realtime widget now defaults to disabled.
  • Legacy option added in the hud.json (realtimeStandingPitFilter).
CONTROLS:
  • EnableManufacturerExtras is now a setting exposed in the UI controls page.
  • Potential fix to the Logitech TrueForce implementation.
  • Fixed controller bindings for Save Replay, Add Replay Highlights, Save Highlights

Original Source: Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
You can't as your Vive does not have 60hz mode, plus SteamVR reprojection is much worse than WMR implementation.
Once you try either in WMR your opinion might change.

Yeah, steam VR "motion smoothing" (half fps) is terrible generally. For example, in ACC, with 45fps motion smoothing forced on (half rate 90fps), the dash right in front of me flickers like its under water. Its the thing that changes the least between frames and yet they can't even extrapolate that image properly. SteamVR has become an absolute bloated pig and its motion smoothing is generally rubbish. (It used to be good when it was first released)

Having said that, It does work "OK" in DCS and ATS surprisingly enough (emphasis on OK.. you still feel like your periphery is under water from time to time), but that's about it. It doesn't look good in ACC for me at all. Way too many graphical artifacts staring you in the face.

Last edited:
Can you suggest any settings? My VR experience is horrible. VR epic has very low frame (and still looks blurry compared to AC,RF2 and very big difference to iRacing) and only VR low settings has smooth gameplay, but it looks worse than LFS...

Ryzen 3700x
Nvidia 2070
16gb ddr4 ram
Rift S
I've been doing loads of testing today and come up with the best settings for visuals and performance on my system. Triples not VR but the way it performance and looks now should transfer to VR just fine.
I'm afk ATM but can share my settings and engine file tonight if you want.

I spent today taking screenshots and doing race starts monitoring FPS and with this Engine.ini i noticed better AO and more FPS due to lower CPU usage !! Im not sure what it is in the .ini file but from all the screenshots it looks better and has lower CPU usage ;)
I also use nVidia sharpening at 0.50 film grain 0.17.

Hope it works for you and anyone else that tries it . I was so looking to upgrade my 1080Ti because i thought i needed to run resolution scale higher to get cleaner visuals but now with these settings i'm not even concerned :)

Attachments

• Engine.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Final 22nd NovemberGraphics.json
    983 bytes · Views: 131
Some of you guys need to start posting actual pictures of the way your computers are laid out and with a comprehensive list of specifications and software being run.
Maybe others can spot thing to switch around and or make suggestions.
If you are running even an RTX2000 series card in VR, there is no reason ACC should not run like the cat's meow.
Hell!...I ran it under a CV1 for about a year with most settings high to epic on an I7-3820 with a GTX1080Ti.
Something isn't right if you can't get it to properly run with an RTX3080 or an AMD 6800 series.
Take another look at how things are configured or what software is running in the background.
It is an incredible experience to go through Au Rouge in ACC right behind another car and with 'silky' smooth frames in VR.
My only gripe with ACC was constantly having to setup the headset on entering the sim.
The menus were always below my field of view, making it more difficult than it needed to be.
That was a major annoyance which took way too long to get sorted.
Hopefully it is fixed by now.
RRE by contrast, was much nicer to get going immediately.

Some of you guys need to start posting actual pictures of the way your computers are laid out and with a comprehensive list of specifications and software being run.
Maybe others can spot thing to switch around and or make suggestions.
If you are running even an RTX2000 series card in VR, there is no reason ACC should not run like the cat's meow.
Hell!...I ran it under a CV1 for about a year with most settings high to epic on an I7-3820 with a GTX1080Ti.
Something isn't right if you can't get it to properly run with an RTX3080 or an AMD 6800 series.
Take another look at how things are configured or what software is running in the background.
It is an incredible experience to go through Au Rouge in ACC right behind another car and with 'silky' smooth frames in VR.
My only gripe with ACC was constantly having to setup the headset on entering the sim.
The menus were always below my field of view, making it more difficult than it needed to be.
That was a major annoyance which took way too long to get sorted.
Hopefully it is fixed by now.
RRE by contrast, was much nicer to get going immediately.

2 Rigs both with i9-9900K and 2080Ti, windows 10 pro (1909) on both. Reverb G1 on one and Oculus Rift-S on the other. Both have minimal installs with just Steam, Afterburner and Chrome installed, plus drivers for a Logitech G29 on one and the TM FFB drivers on the other

ACC runs like a slide show in VR on both, even on the lowest possible settings.

Everything else runs like butter in VR.

Last edited:
2 Rigs both with i9-9900K and 2080Ti, windows 10 pro (1909) on both. Reverb G1 on one and Oculus Rift-S on the other. Both have minimal installs with just Steam, Afterburner and Chrome installed, plus drivers for a Logitech G29 on one and the TM FFB drivers on the other

ACC runs like a slide show in VR on both, even on the lowest possible settings.

Everything else runs like butter in VR.

The video above is an installation lap with that I7-3820 and 1080Ti on an early build of ACC.
It was done with a cheap Lenovo Explorer headset instead of the CV1.
Though this was just a single car test to see how it'd run, it should absolutely 'fly' for you given the fire-power of those PCs you currently own.

What motherboard model?
What firmware?
What type of harddrive (SSD or NVMe)?
Which drive is the game on?
If SSD, where are the cables plugged...faster of a dual controller configuration, etc...?
What power profile is being used in Windows?
Where is the power set in Nvidia Control Panel...plus other settings.
Post some snipped screenshots of the settings. I'm curious to see if it is optimized.
How is the mother board BIOS set up...IDE or ACHI... XMP on or off?
These are things we need to know...
Software can be rather finicky.
Even the smallest things that may seem irrelevant can cause a massive influence.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but the new tire model has me auditioning for the Ice Follies. I can't seem to feel the tires grip when I am making turns. The car feels very light. I will try to adjust the FFB to see if that helps.

I had just started to pat myself on the back for consistent low times and now I am back to driving a jet ski. :mad:
Curious, I find it's the exact opposite for me... the new tire model seems to have a slightly larger window of available grip on the limit and the FFB gives me more information about said limit, so I'm much more confortable attacking the track now. The older tires almost felt a bit on/off in comparisson with the more progressive feel I get now.

Last edited:

The video above is an installation lap with that I7-3820 and 1080Ti on an early build of ACC.
It was done with a cheap Lenovo Explorer headset instead of the CV1.
Though this was just a single car test to see how it'd run, it should absolutely 'fly' for you given the fire-power of those PCs you currently own.

What motherboard model?
What firmware?
What type of harddrive (SSD or NVMe)?
Which drive is the game on?
If SSD, where are the cables plugged...faster of a dual controller configuration, etc...?
What power profile is being used in Windows?
Where is the power set in Nvidia Control Panel...plus other settings.
Post some snipped screenshots of the settings. I'm curious to see if it is optimized.
How is the mother board BIOS set up...IDE or ACHI... XMP on or off?
Even the smallest things that may seem irrelevant can cause a massive influence.

What motherboard model - ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F
What firmware - Don't know offhand, but no older than 6 months
What type of harddrive (SSD or NVMe) - 2 x NVMe - 1TB for system and 2TB for Steam library
Which drive is the game on - 2TB NVMe
If SSD, where are the cables plugged...faster of a dual controller configuration, etc... - N/A
What power profile is being used in Windows - High Performance
Where is the power set in Nvidia Control Panel...plus other settings - Prefer Max Performance
How is the mother board BIOS set up...IDE or ACHI... XMP on or off - ACHI, XMP on 32GB 3200

There's a bit of info, however I don't think it's going to help as this is something I've been looking at this for over a year now. From what I've seen and the biggest complainers of VR performance in ACC are those using Nvidia 20 series cards, users of 10 series cards almost always report a good experience.

I suspect there's something about UE4 that isn't playing well with VR on 20 series cards because both ACC and KartKraft run like crap for me in VR and both are UE4 based. Everything else runs absolutely fine in VR

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

MB: ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME Z390 EATX LGA1151
CPU: i9-9900k (5GHz all cores)
GPU: EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid
HMD: HP Reverb G2
SteamVR SS: 50% (for G2 it's closest to native 2160x2160 resolution as 100% is double)
In game Settings and engine ini here. Using VR60_G2 preset.
Stable 60fps, using WMR 60hz mode, crystal clear, high res vivid picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this....
Remove the current Nvidia driver.
Restart in safe mode after going into the Device manager and disabling your network adapter.
Start regedit and remove all instances of the Nvidia driver entries.
Load the 455.41 driver restart, re-enable the network adapter.
Go into Steamapps..common and right click the ACC folder...left click properties...select advanced...make sure allow files to be indexed is checked.
Go run ACC and report if it is better.
Are you running any antivirus other than the built-in one?
If so, temporarily remove it during the first steps.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Try this....
Restart in safe mode after going into the Device manager and disabling your network adapter.
Why not just use DDU?

Try this....
Load the 455.41 driver restart, re-enable the network adapter and go run ACC.
Are you running any antivirus other than the built-in one?
If so, temporarily remove it during the first steps.

Been there done that, albeit with earlier driver versions. Honestly I'm not wasting anymore time dicking around with my system in the vain hope it might bring an improvement to ACC, and I've already wasted a lot of time. The way I see it, is that the best way I can get ACC to run well in VR is to downgrade one of my GPUs to a second hand 1080Ti, or I can just enjoy AC and R3E in VR.

Yeah, steam VR "motion smoothing" (half fps) is terrible generally. For example, in ACC, with 45fps motion smoothing forced on (half rate 90fps), the dash right in front of me flickers like its under water. Its the thing that changes the least between frames and yet they can't even extrapolate that image properly. SteamVR has become an absolute bloated pig and its motion smoothing is generally rubbish. (It used to be good when it was first released)

Having said that, It does work "OK" in DCS and ATS surprisingly enough (emphasis on OK.. you still feel like your periphery is under water from time to time), but that's about it. It doesn't look good in ACC for me at all. Way too many graphical artifacts staring you in the face.
Not sure why but I’m using an Index with forced motion smoothing and pretty much flawless in most sims including ACC, just some occasional artifacts in AMS2 but also lets me run 60/120 there.

Not sure why but I’m using an Index with forced motion smoothing and pretty much flawless in most sims including ACC, just some occasional artifacts in AMS2 but also lets me run 60/120 there.
Well, maybe you are just lucky or conversely I am simply unlucky. Maybe it works better with the "Index" as opposed to Vive Pro (90fps fixed) but being as Valve don't sell the Index here in Australia, I guess I will never know.

Last edited:
1.6.2 is out:
Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.6.2 hotfix update OUT NOW! | Kunos Simulazioni - Official Forum

v1.6.2 changelog

GENERAL:
- Fix for a potential crash when loading multiple gallery replays.

GAMEPLAY:
- Potential improvement to general AI pace at high skill levels.

PHYSICS:
- Audi R8 GT3 Evo front damping motion ratio correction.
- Mercedes-AMG GT3 and McLaren 720s GT3 rear suspension motion range tweaks on extreme loads.

GRAPHICS:
- Fixed a missing LOD assignment for the Audi R8 LMS Evo.
- Removed flashing animation from the pitstop sign.
- Various livery fixes.
- Fixed an issue with opponent car LOD flicker when using mirror resolution settings.

UI:
- Minor localization fixes.
- Radar now always visible even when the HUD is hidden when enabled.
- Special Events DLC evaluation check.

Forgive the dumb question ive not really played ACC much since I bought it. I have 2 dumb questions actually.

1, how do I get the track medals?
2, where has the live timing leaderboard gone? I used it in the beta stages, now I cannot find it any more?

Thanks.

1, how do I get the track medals?
2, where has the live timing leaderboard gone? I used it in the beta stages, now I cannot find it any more?
1. You have to do like 3 or 4 consecutive valid laps in a track to get a medal... something like that I think
2. On the special event leaderboard competitions... I think it's just called "Special Events" on the menu

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years