Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a new hotfix for Assetto Corsa Competizione, following the recent big build 1.6 release.
  • Fix for Logitech TrueForce
  • Various tweaks, fixes and optimisations.

In a follow up from the large 1.6 update release and new GTWC 2020 DLC pack, Italian development team Kunos Simulazioni have pushed live a small new hotfix update today, bringing to Assetto Corsa Competizione a few minor tweaks and fixes post new build update.

Nothing particularly notable stands out as worthy of particular mention from the latest build, unless you run a Logitech TrueForce wheel, but it is good to see Kunos remain on the case to wrap up any additional minor issues that have been collated following 1.6.

ACC Middle.jpg

1.6.1 Update Notes

GRAPHICS:

• Various texture optimizations.
UI:
  • Fixed MFD not updating when HUD hidden.
  • Added Imola in MP track preference list.
  • Hide pitlane cars filter in the realtime widget now defaults to disabled.
  • Legacy option added in the hud.json (realtimeStandingPitFilter).
CONTROLS:
  • EnableManufacturerExtras is now a setting exposed in the UI controls page.
  • Potential fix to the Logitech TrueForce implementation.
  • Fixed controller bindings for Save Replay, Add Replay Highlights, Save Highlights

Original Source: Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
60FPS with a 3080?! Mirrors off?! crikey screw that, I want to love this Sim but it runs like poo on a stick with my Specs in VR. Tried 60fps but cannot get my eyes to adjust, running everything on Low and it's a blurry mess, increase SS and the FPS drops like a bomb without AI, can't race in a world like that or without Mirrors!

I keep trying after every Patch update and I keep getting frustrated, because as above I want to play it, but I just cannot and if a 3080 can't cut the mustard then that's a sorry state of VR Implementation in my book.

Thankfully all other sims with VR run just fine so I'll just Race them, looks like ACC is set for the Recycle Bin again which is such a shame and my loss but life goes on :(

The game looks great. In fact, you would be pretty blown away until you put on AMS2. Maybe you need to try 60fps in the Reverb G2. Or maybe you haven't seen a consistent 60 in VR.

For example, 60fps with motion smoothing turned off is what I use. That image is noticeably better than 90 with motion smoothing turned on, and 90 with motions smoothing turned to auto.

Plus, ACC has the advantage of working relatively well in all weather/night conditions, which can't be said for AMS2.

• Deleted member 197115

I wish I could stomach 60hz. I’m very envious of those who can tolerate it. We’re talking Dk1 era.
You can't as your Vive does not have 60hz mode, plus SteamVR reprojection is much worse than WMR implementation.
Once you try either in WMR your opinion might change.

60FPS with a 3080?! Mirrors off?! crikey screw that, I want to love this Sim but it runs like poo on a stick with my Specs in VR. Tried 60fps but cannot get my eyes to adjust, running everything on Low and it's a blurry mess, increase SS and the FPS drops like a bomb without AI, can't race in a world like that or without Mirrors!

I keep trying after every Patch update and I keep getting frustrated, because as above I want to play it, but I just cannot and if a 3080 can't cut the mustard then that's a sorry state of VR Implementation in my book.

Thankfully all other sims with VR run just fine so I'll just Race them, looks like ACC is set for the Recycle Bin again which is such a shame and my loss but life goes on :(
That (and the price of a decent headset) is why I don't want to fall into the rabbit hole of VR. For one, I would have to leave out great experiences that do not support VR, as well as I like higher stable frame rates (around 60 to 75 is generally enough for me on single screen) and of course VR has more pixels, you have to supersample on top of that, and get at least 90 FPS for a non-nauseating smooth experience for some. With heavy games like ACC I am not even surprised it's not good on current hardware.

On the other hand, to protect ACC a little bit, on my system (Ryzen 5 2600 + RX 5700 XT, 1080p single screen) it runs much better than R3E (truly bad performance that made me uninstall, frequent drops into 30s - 40s with AI) and more stable than rF2. I think the visuals/performance is good on single screen. It's one of the best performing UE4 games I have experienced for sure, and the limiting factor is usually my CPU that is a bit weak in single core performance.

• Deleted member 197115

60FPS with a 3080?! Mirrors off?! crikey screw that, I want to love this Sim but it runs like poo on a stick with my Specs
It's 60fps with mirrors on for me with 1080Ti. This is on G2 with 160% Pixel Density.
Suspect @Colt459 is CPU bound as 3080 should have no problem running at 90 unless you go super greedy with eye candy.

Maybe in a few years time we can all run this game on epic in vr with the better graphics cards and cpu of the future .
Regarding ai I had a few yellow flags in the races I have had . with the aggression level at 100 mostly racing at imola and silverstone so far.

I don't play it either, not as good as AC in so many ways. Unless you really like racing GT's the game is pretty much crap. I have a very good PC system but this game stutters and graphics are poor, the only game that I have that runs so rough, so for that reason I have given it to my kids to play as the online lobbies seem only to have children in them anyway.
I have a poor 5+ years old system (GTX 980 OC and Core i7 4790K) and ACC runs way way better than AC with CSP with lmost everything maxed out!
I can only say Kudos to Kunos :inlove:

• Deleted member 197115

I use a Valve index. Had WMR and had the same. No matter what I do I get poor results. Unless on low, then it looks god awful.
I do want it to work because I love ACC.
Did you check VR settings thread, there should be link to my settings set. Granted it's 60hz or reprojection, but it looks just as good if not better than AMS2, which I also have to run at 60hz to get decent IQ.
This is on i9-9900K, 1080Ti, nothing special for today's standards build. If 90hz is the only mode you can "swallow", afraid the only thing you can do is upgrade to Ampere and perhaps better CPU, sorry don't know what you have under the hood right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's just me, but the new tire model has me auditioning for the Ice Follies. I can't seem to feel the tires grip when I am making turns. The car feels very light. I will try to adjust the FFB to see if that helps.

I had just started to pat myself on the back for consistent low times and now I am back to driving a jet ski. :mad:

It's 60fps with mirrors on for me with 1080Ti. This is on G2 with 160% Pixel Density.
Suspect @Colt459 is CPU bound as 3080 should have no problem running at 90 unless you go super greedy with eye candy.
I may be cpu bound but have a 10900k (no overclock yet). There are so many settings, but generally, Reverb G2 At roughly 2160 x2160 per eye (50% from broken default). Pixel density at 150, resolution 100, mid MSAA, Low effects and post processing, ultra/high everything else and pixel density 300. It works in all conditions when I test Nurburgring with 24 AI. I try to be smooth 60 even on Lap 1. If I was willing to sacrifice that or change tracks, I could go even further.

Maybe it's just me, but the new tire model has me auditioning for the Ice Follies. I can't seem to feel the tires grip when I am making turns. The car feels very light. I will try to adjust the FFB to see if that helps.

I had just started to pat myself on the back for consistent low times and now I am back to driving a jet ski. :mad:

Using non 1.6 saved setup? If so, don't.

• Deleted member 197115

I may be cpu bound but have a 10900k (no overclock yet). There are so many settings, but generally, Reverb G2 At roughly 2160 x2160 per eye (50% from broken default). Pixel density at 150, resolution 100, mid MSAA, Low effects and post processing, ultra/high everything else and pixel density 300. It works in all conditions when I test Nurburgring with 24 AI. I try to be smooth 60 even on Lap 1. If I was willing to sacrifice that or change tracks, I could go even further.
That's the thing, drop resolution to 70%. And it's TAA, not MSAA, set it to Epic and enable Temporal Upsampling, I bet you could up Pixel Density even more.

• Deleted member 197115

Andrew. I will check out your settings, I know you have a great reputation for VR advice.
My gear is valve index, with 9900k and 2080ti Corsair One water cooled, so no slouch.
You should be good for reprojection, check VR_60 preset from this set.
There is also VR_90 preset, it doesn't look as great but with 2080Ti you might be able to hit 90fps.
You can set PostProcessing to Low and disable Mirrors if still struggling.
@Colt459, try VR60_G2 from there.
There is readme file inside explaining which file goes where.

• Deleted member 197115

I meant temporal. MSAA is for AMS2. I've played along the spectrum and found 100/150 worked better than 70/180 for example.
Was just pointing out that a lot of performance can be found by lowering resolution with negligible impact on visuals. If you can run 100% of course, it's the best. But if you struggle and have to sacrifice other things like mirrors or shadows, it's a quick way to gain some fps back. Just don't forget to enable Temporal Upsampling. With resolution at 100%, it's better be off or it adds some faint blur.
You can read more about this here, I believe it's pretty unique to UE4.

Was just pointing out that a lot of performance can be found by lowering resolution with negligible impact on visuals. If you can run 100% of course, it's the best. But if you struggle and have to sacrifice other things like mirrors or shadows, it's a quick way to gain some fps back. Just don't forget to enable Temporal Upsampling. With resolution at 100%, it's better be off or it adds some faint blur.
You can read more about this here, I believe it's pretty unique to UE4.

Thanks again, I'm well aware. I have played up and down the sliders. I try to maximize visuals and am willing to sacrifice the mirrors, which I think are largely unnecessary. If anything they're a bit of a cheat because you don't focus as much on what's behind you until it hits your radar, but again it's more about the visuals.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 97 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 352 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 488 39.1%