Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a new hotfix for Assetto Corsa Competizione, following the recent big build 1.6 release.
  • Fix for Logitech TrueForce
  • Various tweaks, fixes and optimisations.

In a follow up from the large 1.6 update release and new GTWC 2020 DLC pack, Italian development team Kunos Simulazioni have pushed live a small new hotfix update today, bringing to Assetto Corsa Competizione a few minor tweaks and fixes post new build update.

Nothing particularly notable stands out as worthy of particular mention from the latest build, unless you run a Logitech TrueForce wheel, but it is good to see Kunos remain on the case to wrap up any additional minor issues that have been collated following 1.6.

ACC Middle.jpg

1.6.1 Update Notes

GRAPHICS:

• Various texture optimizations.
UI:
  • Fixed MFD not updating when HUD hidden.
  • Added Imola in MP track preference list.
  • Hide pitlane cars filter in the realtime widget now defaults to disabled.
  • Legacy option added in the hud.json (realtimeStandingPitFilter).
CONTROLS:
  • EnableManufacturerExtras is now a setting exposed in the UI controls page.
  • Potential fix to the Logitech TrueForce implementation.
  • Fixed controller bindings for Save Replay, Add Replay Highlights, Save Highlights

Original Source: Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Since 1.6 and even truer after this, ACC in VR looks much improve to me, to the point that it is now among, if not just the best SIM VR experience I am getting with my GTX1080ti.
That and the better AI, makes ACC even more enticing to drive than ever.
Apparently by checking the usage on Steam, I am not the only one taking advantage of the improvements Kunos implemented in ACC.
Thank you Kunos.

I've got the same 1080ti card linked with i7 7700K @ 4.8 and I can't for the life of me get this to look anywhere near "good". It is by far and away the worst SIM VR experience for me. No idea what the magic is but I did try the settings in Andrew_WOTs post (thanks for the tips btw) but in my Vive Pro, it runs like a dog and looks like crap. My headset requires 90fps, anything less looks like poor stutter fest and 45fps "motion smoothing" to me looks positively awful.

Pity, I really wanted to enjoy this in VR. I do keep trying but alas, it never seems any better. Even without a single AI car on the track.. its a stutter fest. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Would buy a 3080 if it was remotely possible without feeding the scalpers. Maybe if they sent less samples out to tom dick harry youtubers, there might be some left to purchase :) (I kid, I kid)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I've got the same 1080ti card linked with i7 7700K @ 4.8 and I can't for the life of me get this to look anywhere near "good". It is by far and away the worst SIM VR experience for me. No idea what the magic is but I did try the settings in Andrew_WOTs post (thanks for the tips btw) but in my Vive Pro, it runs like a dog and looks like crap. My headset requires 90fps, anything less looks like poor stutter fest and 45fps "motion smoothing" to me looks positively awful.

Pity, I really wanted to enjoy this in VR. I do keep trying but alas, it never seems any better. Even without a single AI car on the track.. its a stutter fest. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Would buy a 3080 if it was remotely possible without feeding the scalpers. Maybe if they sent less samples out to tom dick harry youtubers, there might be some left to purchase :)
That's the problem, reprojection will never look as good as stable native framerate, 90 or 60. If you get G2, which is WMR. you'll be blessed by ability to switch to 60hz mode. Or just snatch Ampere if you can, I don't think anything below 3080 can give you "good looking" 90fps gameplay. You can make it run at 90 with current setup, but your eyes will not thank you.

No idea what the magic is but I did try the settings in Andrew_WOTs post (thanks for the tips btw) but in my Vive Pro, it runs like a dog and looks like crap. My headset requires 90fps, anything less looks like poor stutter fest and 45fps "motion smoothing" to me looks positively awful

I am sorry that you have this situation, I also know that your not alone. I wish that I knew how to help. I am using a CV1 and except for LFS all my SIM, with the high settings I enjoy and a 1.5 SS all mostly run at 45 AWS. I do not have an issue with that and spend 99% of my time in VR while driving SIM more than an hour daily.
About a year ago, Oculus had an update that affected mostly ACC, making VR worst overnight, I backed up to the pre update state and I have run Oculus offline since, I do not know if it is helping me in having a great VR experience with ACC.

This game runs like ass for me (partly my fault, partly theirs). I never play it, so it has become my #1 go-to Update Simulator.

Very good point :thumbsup:

The last update was around 500 MB, but according to disk activity min. 1GB of file changed in the game. You are lucky that you don't play. I couldn't see any change except new driver names at all.

There is no magic I guess. If you need to have native 90FPS nothing short of 3080 or more will cut it. I'm not even convinced a 3080 will be enough until I see it myself. Personally I've made my peace with reprojection, and I'm a bit confused how it could be worse on a vive pro than a cheap WMR device, but it's working for me nicely. But I can understand that peoples vision is different and you are one of them that can see the high fps. I can't, and many others can't, too, so maybe that's the magic you're looking for.

What I did find out about while testing, I'm using a paid tool to record the frametimes and such and let me check them afterwards in a nice graph, if I optimize the settings in a way that everything is maxed out and the frametimes just match the 99.9% bar, I get noticeable stutter, especially in the slow corners where the direction is changing fast. If I keep the settings where the 99.9% percent bar is like around 75-80 FPS, I don't see any stutter at all, and I can live with the 45FPS fine. So at least the WMR reprojection needs a bit of leeway to do it's work properly. Oh, and I have to force reprojection on all the time for ACC, switching back and forth between reprojection and native is insufferable.

Also I would like to remind everybody we have a very informative thread in the ACC forum section named "Share your VR graphic settings", which gave me a lot of information about settings of the unreal engine and using it with opengl rendering, which makes a whole world of a difference for me. I got rid of all the flickering, blurryness and strange ghosting I was suffering at the release. I guess in hindsight using the unreal engine was not the best option for simracing, But I was able to get the game looking very good and the image is clear enough that I can read all the dashboards fine, which I was completely unable to when the EA came out, with pretty much the same hardware, the only thing changed was the cpu from 2700x to 3700x.

Having said that, as soon as one of the new gpu variants is getting available without scalpers getting a profit out of it, I might eat rice and beans for a few months to get one of these :).

I totally understand your frustration! I have top end pc and ACC is just to much effort. 90fps is the key and that key never fits properly. I uninstalled again. To those lucky few who can tolerate 45 / 60fps, I salute you.
I’m sticking to AMS2 which is incredible for VR.

Actually, 45 fps IS doable on a simple monitor (60Hz) with framerate locked AND V-Sync on.
It doesn't look as bad as in other games.
And lets be honest; you just have to......

Edit: Would buy a 3080 if it was remotely possible without feeding the scalpers. Maybe if they sent less samples out to tom dick harry youtubers, there might be some left to purchase :) (I kid, I kid)
Same here GTX1080ti with a i7 8700k - if i want to play VR it's stuttering a lot. Even rF2 runs better, while it has no VR optimisation like SMP.

I can make it look really good in VR with my 3080 and reverb g2, with a few caveats.

1) 60fps. Doesn’t bother me at all, consistent and smooth

2) Mirrors off, you don’t need them with all the radar and timing info

3) AMS2 looks way better with mirrors on, BUT that wasn’t the case with old rift s though. And AMS2 is unplayable at night while ACC still looks really good and runs well

I can make it look really good in VR with my 3080 and reverb g2, with a few caveats.

1) 60fps. Doesn’t bother me at all, consistent and smooth

2) Mirrors off, you don’t need them with all the radar and timing info

3) AMS2 looks way better with mirrors on, BUT that wasn’t the case with old rift s though. And AMS2 is unplayable at night while ACC still looks really good and runs well

60FPS with a 3080?! Mirrors off?! crikey screw that, I want to love this Sim but it runs like poo on a stick with my Specs in VR. Tried 60fps but cannot get my eyes to adjust, running everything on Low and it's a blurry mess, increase SS and the FPS drops like a bomb without AI, can't race in a world like that or without Mirrors!

I keep trying after every Patch update and I keep getting frustrated, because as above I want to play it, but I just cannot and if a 3080 can't cut the mustard then that's a sorry state of VR Implementation in my book.

Thankfully all other sims with VR run just fine so I'll just Race them, looks like ACC is set for the Recycle Bin again which is such a shame and my loss but life goes on :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 120 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 94 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 128 13.7%