Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.5.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have today dropped the first post V1.5 hotfix to Assetto Corsa Competizione on Stream - bringing a number of fixes and updates to the simulation.
  • First update following big V1.5 build launch.
  • Improvements to multiclass MFD options.
  • Onscreen timing widget improvements.
Assetto Corsa Competizione | GT Pack DLC Review: Click Here.

A first new hotfix, complete with both changes and tweaks, has been deployed to Assetto Corsa Competizione following the release of the V1.5 build and the mighty GT4 Pack DLC cars.

As has become usual practice following large core updates to ACC, the hotfix is a pretty sizeable one, and has been deployed in response to a few issues that cropped up within the sim over the days since V1.5 released back on Wednesday of last week.

ACC Hotfix 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Introducing The GT4 Cars: Click Here.

Chief amongst the changes for 1.5.1 is some welcome tweaking to the the way multi-class racing is represented in the on screen HUD within the title. With 1.5 now introducing the possibility to host multi-class events online, featuring both GT3 and GT4 cars as well as the new ST and Cup classifications, Kunos have reworked the onboard MFD and HUD functionality to better inform drivers where they stand within their respective class - something I for one very much welcome.

Other changes that specifically relate to racing with varied classes include some audio tweaks with respect to your specific class positioning, broadcast resources and timetable changes, amongst other items detailed in the change log below.

ACC Header.jpg

v1.5.1 changelog

GRAPHICS:

• Fixed steering wheel display not hiding on the Alpine A110 GT4 when the steering wheel is set to hidden.
  • Minor updates to the 2020 WRT liveries.
  • Minor corrections on the BMW M4 GT4 custom designs.
UI:
  • MFD while in multi-class sessions will now contain an extra standings page filtered to the currently viewed car's car class.
  • HUD position indicator in multi-class sessions now shows the position in a car's class and a secondary indicator shows overall position.
  • Intro sequences for singleplayer sessions now do not show the track map and only show the standings widget in race sessions.
  • Fixed corrupted UI driver headshot and team logo image items.
  • Fixed timetable continuous refresh in MP race sessions (caused table to be non-responsive when lap-by-lap breakdown requested).
  • Added missing car group indicators for ST & CUP cars on the Timetables page.
  • Drive button now only pulsates during the last 30 seconds of the race session countdown.
  • Broadcast MFD now has standings pages for all available car groups (previously was only GT3/GT4) when in a multiclass session.
  • Improved lapped values for real-time widget to be more consistent.
AUDIO:
  • Spotter end-race position message now respects car groups.
  • Removed splitter gain spotter message for different cars groups.
  • New best lap message removed at the end of first lap.
MULTIPLAYER:
  • Server: isPrepPhaseLocked now defaults to 0 when not set, allowing clients to join during the preparation phase. Set this line to 1 explicitly in the settings.json to prevent drivers not participating in qualifying from joining before gridding.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Got questions? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC Hotfix Footer.jpg

Last edited:
They are making a good effort in addressing bugs and keeping things good. Sadly, Kunos is not updating the AI - there are a lot of things that the single player community is asking to the devs but they're not doing anything. What's the point of making a career mode too? I did not buy the Intercontinental GT Dlc and I don't plan in buying anything else planned for this game... Shame because the game is great...

If I was to rate the perfect AI with a 100%, I'd score current state of AI in ACC with an 85%.
Only thing missing imo is for them to defend the position better (something like the block line in rF2) and see maybe some AI overtakes during a race, otherwise it is already at an incredibly good state and the most fun i've had with AI in any sim (bar iRacing which I don't own and heard it's good).

A couple of things I consider key when racing AI (in any sim):
1) Always do quali and
2) find the right (and challenging) AI skill level for each track. Don't assume it will be the same for each track.

What I would do to see an AI improvement in this sim. I raced the GT4's the other day at Bathurst, ran out of fuel and literally watched the whole field brake and stop behind me at 100% aggression.

I appreciate all the great things this sim has provided, but I really want to see Kuno deliver a top level AI at some point.

I totally agree. We just need some defensive lines, few more overtakes per race and some AI mistakes from time to time. I’ve done a lot of offline races and they were all IDENTICAL. It’s really hard to keep playing this game when RF2 and R3E are miles better on the Single Player side

If I was to rate the perfect AI with a 100%, I'd score current state of AI in ACC with an 85%.
Only thing missing imo is for them to defend the position better (something like the block line in rF2) and see maybe some AI overtakes during a race, otherwise it is already at an incredibly good state and the most fun i've had with AI in any sim (bar iRacing which I don't own and heard it's good).

A couple of things I consider key when racing AI (in any sim):
1) Always do quali and
2) find the right (and challenging) AI skill level for each track. Don't assume it will be the same for each track.
Yeah I agree with you, defensive line and AI overtakes would make me super happy. I have never witnessed an AI crash, or spin, or even going wide... I'd buy the GT4 pack straight away if they work on the AI side. At the current state I'll stick to other simulators

I clicked on this to see if the Alpine bug had been fixed - and it has, so awesome news.. looking forward to trying that out next!

I do agree with the comments about the AI.. I largely don't have the time or the inclination to commit to multiplayer, so I'm only racing the AI. I'm a huge ACC fanboy, but the AI is .. not good. When I'm clearly slower, they just line up behind me. And in front, it's typically just a train. I hope Kunos have time to address the AI now that the DLC (which is excellent!) is behind them :)

Multiplayer is just useless for me, I like to pause a race and make a cup of coffee. Until they implement a game feature that helps with this I’m sticking with single player
You can drive super fast, open a gap of 5 minutes in 20 laps, then do a 5-minute pit stop for a cup of coffee. Or, you can hire someone to drive for you while you drink coffee. Or, you can pause the server for everybody and tell them you need a cup of coffee. I am sure they'll understand.

• Deleted member 197115

I had my share of issues with AI at the beginning, but thanks to Stefano's hint on aggressiveness setting and picking up the right AI level, had it all solved since.
Finished Career yesterday and running weekend races with GT4 now.
Myself I can't ask for more from AI, seems like it's head and a shoulder above AC AI which was already in a very decent shape.
Can it get better, sure, like anything else under the sun, but it's already far from broken or unplayable as some state here.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.1%