Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.2.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione is available to download now.

The release of the odd hotfix or two following such a comprehensive build update isn't much of a surprise, and just 24 hours after said major update, Kunos Simulazioni have taken to the internet once again to deploy a further new build to Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Addressing some of the immediate issues that have sprung up following yesterdays V1.2 release, the new hotfix should be available next time players restart their Steam client.

Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.2.1 Hotfix Notes:
  • TAB Timetable HUD overlay now scales properly on all resolutions.
  • Fixed spotter/text messages chain after loading a saved game.
  • Fixed tyre set inconsistency between MFD and setup.
  • Fixed pitcrew spawn in saved games.
  • MP: Fixed zippy netcode for high pings.
  • MP: Removed gaps in grid position caused by disconnected cars.
  • Random weather fix to not only generate rainy conditions.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available exclusively on PC.

Online race? Setup advice? Latest news? All available on the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RD! Head over, have a read or start a thread and let the fun begin!

ACC Hotfix 1.jpg

The whole performance optimisations and RTX thing is getting really old now...

There’s always optimisations happening, last update even listed CPU optimisations that specifically benefit big grids, what are you actually hoping for? That your frame rate will double somehow? It’s the newest engine of all sims so will require the most power, the end. Want more? Wait for next gen cards, they aren’t that far away.

As for RTX, it was never promised by Kunos, EVER. A third patty used ACC to show it, it was cool. But why do you want it now? It wouldn’t run on current hardware. Again a case of waiting for Nvidia to supply hardware that can do it and then Kunos can see if it’s viable, already mentioned on the forums.

Kind of funny to see back to back posts though where one is asking about better performance and the next is asking about RTX that would tank performance in to unplayable level... lol

Thank you for the update Kunos, the AI is much improved. I'm in the middle of a 3 hour endurance race right now and the only issues I have is, the players car has excessive tire wear towards the end of stint compared to the AI cars. Also there is no way to turn off tire wear in the game. It would also be nice to pause the game and adjust the pit menu instead of adjusting settings on the fly.

• Deleted member 113561

This was already answered a few ACC articles back, in which it was said they can't introduce RTX since it's gonna consume alot of power, until they optimize the game enough to be able to support RTX
So they were lying. Other games can do it, but ACC can't ... suuuuuure

The whole performance optimisations and RTX thing is getting really old now...
That can come only from someone really ignorant, for whatever reasons. The game runs dogshit, the same can be said btw. for rF2 Nordschleife. Such things are inacceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
So they were lying. Other games can do it, but ACC can't ... suuuuuure

There isn't a single AAA game out there right now that uses RTX properly. Battlefield, probably the biggest title with the most funding only uses RTX for reflections. Tomb Raider, only uses RTX for shadows. Metro Exodus only uses RTX for global illumination. Not a single one of them uses all 3 combined because guess what, even a current gen flagship cannot handle them at 60 fps when you go above 1080p even though these games are only using a single part of the much larger complete RTX feature set. So yeah, every single major implementation of RTX is borderline halfbaked yet a huge performance sinkhole thus far. Do you even have an RTX card or you just being a annoyance just for the sake of it in every thread about ACC with /your/ absolute ignorance about RTX implementation?

I mean I got a 2080Ti and was looking forward to seeing it in ACC, then I saw the lackluster implementation in other games and realized that it is not much of a surprise or a loss that Kunos decided to ditch that feature for the time being given how the current gen hardware is really not up to the task. But even I'm not as butthurt as you, crying about it everytime someone mentions ACC as if you are a holy warrior going on a just and glorious ray traced crusade against these evil italians LMAO.

That can come only from someone really ignorant, for whatever reasons. The game runs dogshit, the same can be said btw. for rF2 Nordschleife. Such things are inacceptable.

I really can't complain about the performance. I use a GTX 1070 and 3700x (stock), @ 3840x2160 and mostly middle and high presets - runs great and looks really nice. There are so many settings available to adjust the graphics...

@topic
Nice job Kunos, keep on the good work and please provide some infos about AC2, I really can't wait :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 270 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%