Assetto Corsa Competizione: Hotfix 1.0.7.1 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released another new hotfix for Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Deployed to the simulation in close succession to the major 1.0.7 game build of last week, a new hotfix update is available now for Assetto Corsa Competizione. Although not considerable in size, the latest build release is still a nice step forward for the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation, and will be particularly pleasing for fans of offline single player racing (AI skill level fix) and those gamers using TrackIR.

Check out the details below:

GENERAL:
  • Added enable TrackIR camera setting. Disabling the plugin eliminates possible view-related issues caused by tracking devices used in other games.
  • Possible fix for localVelocity in shared memory struct.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Fixed inconsistent AI skill levels when reloading a saved game.
GRAPHICS:
  • Removed slow convolution bloom from intro sequence cameras in Monza that caused massive performance drop and possible crash on ultrawide screen resolutions when entering a session.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Out of interest, what's your PC spec?

Mine is

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors System Type x64-PC
Motherboard Model: GIGABYTE Z97X-Gaming G1
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 12.0 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition (PG413)

i5-3570k
GTX970
8gb RAM

Runs fine alone on track, add any number of AI and the smoothness disappears.

From the official Forum:
"Predictions for 1.0.8
Specific targets:
- revising Career and Championship modes, especially in the light of the recent overhaul of the driver stint implementation and other open issues
Unfortunately this couldn't make it in time for this hotfix cycle.
- we will be working on specific AI scenarios, such as the ability to recognize blue flag situations"
+
Real life damage ! Too forgiving yet !

The new Silverstone daytime Storm 20-minute Hotstint is a great showcase for the new tyre model and traction control. I've lapped the real Silverstone many times in wet conditions (though not sure they were ever as bad as in the game and the track remained open) and it is certainly an uncanny likeness in the way the car moves around, and the way that is felt through the wheel, as it hits the puddles and streams of standing water across the track. I truly appreciate the work that has gone into the way the storm really builds over time and how the traction control and ABS can be adjusted to compensate for the conditions. I can't think of another game that has demonstrated the value of adjustable traction control so well.

In steering and car reaction terms the ACC Aston with TCS and ABS on feels quite familiar and similar to the real world road-going Nissan GTR. Yes, I am aware the road car is 4wd, much heavier, slower and all the same these are the reactions I feel are remarkably similar:

+ The way the nose of the car pushes wide if the inside wheel catches the deep puddles that form on the apex of several corners. There are better lines to drive around these puddles but catching them occasionally is as inevitable in ACC as it is in real life for my average driving skills!

+ If entry speed is too ambitious the nose of the car pushes wide until traction is regained. The way this is relayed by the wheel going light on one side in ACC feels spot on to me. It's natural and I know what is happening.

+ Hitting the standing water on the straights feels almost like hitting a pothole on a dry road, in the road car this is the suspension running out of travel and hitting the bumps stops and the tyre skipping momentarily across the surface - it takes some getting used to the first few times it happens. In the road car, after selecting the softest suspension settings, I'm stuck with it without making some stupidly expensive suspension changes. I can't say for certain what is happening in the ACC track car because I genuinely don't know and haven't run the telemetry to find out but I have a suspicion it'll be to do with a combination of ride height and suspension stiffness.

+ How the wheel reacts and pulls in my hands as the ACC car hits a stream of standing water, especially on the straight before Stowe is just incredible, the nose of the car shifts on the surface by a few degrees and then regains direction. As in the real car, my intuitive response is to want to react to the movement and fight the car but as I've learned for real it's better to let the car find it's own line to these small changes.

It's all so much better than what has come before in a number of other games where cars react violently to the standing water and puddles.

Anyway having said all those positives the top times on the ACC leaderboards make me feel more than a bit old and slow:(! (The game must be wrong, can't possibly be me...can it...:redface::laugh:) For me the feel of realism from the game matters more than an ultimate time and well it feels real enough to me and is fabulously challenging.

Last edited:
The new Silverstone daytime Storm 20-minute Hotstint is a great showcase for the new tyre model and traction control. I've lapped the real Silverstone many times in wet conditions (though not sure they were ever as bad as in the game and the track remained open) and it is certainly an uncanny likeness in the way the car moves around, and the way that is felt through the wheel, as it hits the puddles and streams of standing water across the track. I truly appreciate the work that has gone into the way the storm really builds over time and how the traction control and ABS can be adjusted to compensate for the conditions. I can't think of another game that has demonstrated the value of adjustable traction control so well.

In steering and car reaction terms the ACC Bentley with TCS and ABS on feels quite familiar and similar to the real world road-going Nissan GTR. Yes, I am aware the road car is 4wd, much heavier, slower and all the same these are the reactions I feel are remarkably similar:

+ The way the nose of the car pushes wide if the inside wheel catches the deep puddles that form on the apex of several corners. There are better lines to drive around these puddles but catching them occasionally is as inevitable in ACC as it is in real life for my average driving skills!

+ If entry speed is too ambitious the nose of the car pushes wide until traction is regained. The way this is relayed by the wheel going light on one side in ACC feels spot on to me. It's natural and I know what is happening.

+ Hitting the standing water on the straights feels almost like hitting a pothole on a dry road, in the road car this is the suspension running out of travel and hitting the bumps stops and the tyre skipping momentarily across the surface - it takes some getting used to the first few times it happens. In the road car, after selecting the softest suspension settings, I'm stuck with it without making some stupidly expensive suspension changes. I can't say for certain what is happening in the ACC track car because I genuinely don't know and haven't run the telemetry to find out but I have a suspicion it'll be to do with a combination of ride height and suspension stiffness.

+ How the wheel reacts and pulls in my hands as the ACC car hits a stream of standing water, especially on the straight before Stowe is just incredible, the nose of the car shifts on the surface by a few degrees and then regains direction. As in the real car, my intuitive response is to want to react to the movement and fight the car but as I've learned for real it's better to let the car find it's own line to these small changes.

It's all so much better than what has come before in a number of other games where cars react violently to the standing water and puddles.
Very well said and mirrors my thoughts also:D the handling is just superb, add the fantastic Audio and great Visuals, ACC is, at time of posting this, is the best Wet weather racing / driving experience in Sim Racing:inlove:...only my geeking out:geek: personal opinion:)

I tried this build but it's a no go in VR for me, I need a new PC but no chance of that anytime soon.

It pains me because I want to love this Sim, I have the utmost faith, belief and respect in Kunos so even though i bought into EA I feel I'm cheating on them by not playing it.

With that in mind I *may* have to do the dreaded alternative and race it on a...wait for it.........FLAT...SCREEN, it feels dirty & wrong just saying it but I wanna drive over curbs with this new tire model stuff and actually get into this Sim properly.

Time to swallow the pride and keep the VR HMD in the case, pray for me :|

I tried...I failed, as shiny as it is and with lovely clear resolution clarity (hurry up Gen2 HMDs!) I just cannot drive in Pancake Mode, it's like playing on a CRT Monitor, or watching the Snooker on a Black & White TV, or making a cuppa tea only for the Milk to be off so you're left with nothing but disappointment and groans at what could've been...I really cannot go back, but that's just me.

New PC then, god only knows "when"!

i5-3570k
GTX970
8gb RAM

Runs fine alone on track, add any number of AI and the smoothness disappears.

That's really not going to cut it these days mate! I'm abit of an AMD fanboy but you need to be thinking minimum now of a Ryzen 2600, 2700, 16GB 3000mhz ram and a Vega56! To get anything decent with UE4 in my experience (ACC, Kartkraft)

Last edited:
That's really not going to cut it these days mate! I'm abit of an AMD fanboy but you need to be thinking minimum now of a Ryzen 2600, 2700, 16GB 3000mhz ram and a Vega56! To get anything decent with UE4 in my experience (ACC, Kartkraft)

Yeah I'm well aware it's a potato, for now though older Sims work just fine in VR so they'll do me until I win the Lottery :p

@MarcG what about one of those eye-tracking setups for now? I almost bought one just for ACC but suddenly Oculus has come good for me with the latest update maintaining 45fps with a full field in pretty much all conditions. I still enjoy many 2d racers but I always miss the spatial awareness of VR and it looks like those eye trackers do a decent job of that.

@MarcG what about one of those eye-tracking setups for now? I almost bought one just for ACC but suddenly Oculus has come good for me with the latest update maintaining 45fps with a full field in pretty much all conditions. I still enjoy many 2d racers but I always miss the spatial awareness of VR and it looks like those eye trackers do a decent job of that.

nah I don't have the time for that, I'm a gamer at heart and have countless titles on Steam that need playing so when I wanna race I just wanna jump into a Sim with VR nice and easy, I'm not sure eye-tracking setups would help get over the immersion-loss of VR that Pancake Mode does so well!

• Deleted member 379375

How does it run in vr for you?

It now runs quite well and looks good too. I stopped messing with graphics setting a while ago as they didn't make any real difference to frame-rates. It was poor but close to the borderline. with the incremental improvements in performance it's now fine. Haven't checked the fps but I think it must be a stable 45 from about 32.

• Deleted member 379375

+1

off topic but is anyone else still getting the terrible quality grainy mirrors and rear view camera?
also the fxaa anti aliasing being horrendously jagged and the temporal making the numbers on the dash blurry?
just checking if its something they haven't addressed yet or something my end
(quality is set to high and i have a 2080ti and an i5 8700k @5ghz)

• Deleted member 379375

How so? Nothing seems to have changed with the FFB - for me it was good before and it's still good.

There were loads,of people T500rs owners for one.They got the usual stick from the usual suspects. (The fact that some have issues and others don't seems a really difficult concept).
Anyway the issue was confirmed by Kunos and fixed.

How exactly does a steering wheel go light on one side?

+ Hitting the standing water on the straights feels almost like hitting a pothole on a dry road,

Not sure I understand this bit either.

@David Wright I'll assume you're not pulling my leg ;)

Light on one side? Drive on a straight with even grip on the left and right, there is the same weight and feedback when steering either left or right. Hit some standing water under one wheel - at the apex of a corner or on a straight, in a real car, or ACC with a wheel, and the weight or pressure is lower on the side of the car. In the real car, it's one wheel losing grip, in the Sim, it's whatever effect the wheel produces to give this message. How do you experience and explain the loss of grip through one wheel in games? Also, I'll add ACC was, up to v1.06, pretty poor at relaying this difference in inside and outside wheel grip over kerbs, such as the inside kerb at Les Combs, Spa and particularly the Huracan would spin here all too easily even in the dry. We know that was tyre model related now and it never felt right at all to me. In v1.06 I had to avoid those inner kerbs, with V1.07 everything looks and feels a lot more natural to me.

Hitting standing water on a straight? If you've driven in very wet conditions on track you'll know this feeling, it's why I explained what was happening with the suspension on the road car. Water flows under the front wheels naturally until there is too much of it for the tyres and suspension travel to deal with. If the water is deep enough, and you're at speed the effect is like hitting something more solid in the road - quite like a pothole in many ways - as the tyres skip over the surface because the suspension is either too stiff or too slow to react to the surfaces changes, it's momentary aquaplaning. In real cars it can feel like quite a jolt through the wheel and move the car a few degrees sideways and again ACC has the effect down well too for me (another well-known game simply throws the player car off track in the same conditions) - and I'm on just a TX458 wheel base not some fancy DD wheel which I imagine would relay this fabulously. In the real cars I've owned with multiple height and damper settings it's been impressive to see how much faster the same car can go on a wet track with the height raised and dampers softened to allow the wheels more travel. I have some of my biggest fun hammering around streaming wet tracks, letting the car find it's line and learning when not to react to those small deflections through the water. It's also a lot cheaper on tyre wear which is always a good thing! The Porsche Centre at Silverstone also has some great wet track training areas that simulate this by drenching the track and using moving plates under the wheels of the car. If you get the chance I highly recommend going, they'll let you use your own car as well as a wide choice of the best of theirs.

Hope that helps with what I meant otherwise we'll just have to put it down to the limitations of descriptions on the internet.:)

Is it labeled "Workshop Content"?

Nope... First I would start steam and there's an update queued written beside ACC title. Mind you this is everyday! Anywhere from 3MB to 100MB. Before I get more disagree with my first post, this started to happen when I enabled beta. And I would not claim anything just for clicks. I see and feel no change after any update. I'm just stating my experience.

There were loads,of people T500rs owners for one.They got the usual stick from the usual suspects. (The fact that some have issues and others don't seems a really difficult concept).
Anyway the issue was confirmed by Kunos and fixed.

In this update? Maybe I haven't read the official forum well enough but I don't recall seeing Kunos confirm a FFB fix for T500s. Link?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 261 13.6%