Assetto Corsa Competizione: Hotfix 1.0.2 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix.jpg

A new Assetto Corsa Competizione hotfix has been released - adding build stability and VR improvements amongst others.

The latest build of Assetto Corsa Competizione recently released to Steam, and with it comes a selection of fixes and improvements identified during the recent V1 release of the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation.

ACC and SRO Podcast special - Tune in HERE.

ACC V1.0.2 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • The .exe now starts in "-nohmd" mode if "-vr" is not specified.
  • This now allows direct shortcuts with "-vr" command and reduces the number of required launch modes in Steam.
  • Fixed a crash when pausing the game from the helicam.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Added savegame system in Career and Championship modes.
  • Savegame feature is not available in Hotlap and Hotstint mod
  • Improved general .json encoding system
  • Added structure to manage multiple savegames (Single Player). NOTE: not yet enabled in the public build.
  • Added auto-saving after complete sessions in Career and Championship.
  • Fixed driver stint status in savegame.
  • Fixed incorrectly forced 10-minute driver stint length in championship and career.
  • Fixed inaccurate session results in some savegames.
  • Fixed Fanatec LEDs building in reverse order (due to a change in the Fanatec SDK).
  • Updated controller presets.
  • Fixes to MP replays (e.g. flickering spawned cars when the replay was shorter than the session).
  • Fixes to game stability.
  • Tweaks to accident/yellow-flag highlights.
  • Fixed a bug of 'ghost cars' appearing in some cases in multiplayer highlights.
  • Added option to customize weather for championship rounds. NOTE: selecting "Custom" weather allows the player to customize the weather for every championship round before each event.
  • Fixed end-race cameras and car positions (e.g. back from replay after end-race highlights).
  • Fixed HUD disappearing after trying to play an invalid replay.
  • Revised AI skill levels in Career in various difficulty settings.
  • More straightforward session-end
  • Added status message at the end of sessions informing the player to wait for all opponents to cross the finish line before proceeding to the next session.
  • Fixed ignition turning off when killing the engine during pit stops.
UI
  • Added mouse input in VR
  • Fixed an issue with navigating the MFD in VR.
  • Fixed tyre sets section being incorrectly active when wet compound was selected in the tyre and strategy windows in the Setup screen.
  • Fixed incorrect title in the Championship car selection menu.
AUDIO:
  • Audio communications optimization.
GRAPHICS:
  • Added another AA method
  • Temporal is now more effective against jaggies, while KTAA is more effective against ghosting.
  • Revised steering animations on various cars to delay hands switching over too early.
  • Fixed rim speed different from tyre speed.
  • Fixed slow motion rim/tyre speed in replays.
MULTIPLAYER & RATINGS:
  • Reduced the join lag when a new car model joins a session.
  • Drivers cannot join ongoing race sessions anymore (server settings option "isRaceLocked").
  • Fixed race track status not being properly reset after the race session.
  • Changed the way backend systems store data, so data is still correctly saved even under high loads.
  • Racecraft Rating calculations are temporarily suspended.
  • Rating widget now will correctly detect reconnections. While disconnected, it will simply dissapear.
  • Backend systems performance improvements.
  • Advanced MP options: Fixed the slider weights for night and rain.
  • Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "clean": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
  • Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "latency": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
  • Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of track weights, especially low values will massively rank down corresponding servers.
  • Matching now (almost) ignores servers in race sessions, instead of ranking them down.
  • Fixed CP servers not showing up for a number of user IP addresses.
PHYSICS & FFB:
  • Force Feedback Post-Processing is now available like in the original Assetto Corsa
  • Copy your "ff_post_process.ini" and associated LUTs to "Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config".

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I asked in another thread but I guess it got lost.

how does one go about utilizing ray tracing in this title? I don't seem to understand. Does anyone know or have an idea?

cheers

EDIT: Redundant, answered further down. none implemented yet.

Last edited:
Can I just ask, is there such a huge gap in real life between the front of the grid and the rear? There does seem to be quite a large deficit to pole position and last.

Yes, the last race at Paul Ricard had a gap of over 58 seconds from 1st place to 13th place after 1.5 hours. There were 49 entrants from what I can see on the results page with an ever widening gap. At the finish of the race the gap is measure in laps.

With the sessions locked during the race, would it possible to show a bar chart of race session elapsed time, or even just text to show the lap they're on?
I wanted to join the Brands Hatch race online today, and don't have time to sit there hitting refresh, so I had no idea if they had just started the race or if they were on the last lap. Would be good info to have.

• Force Feedback Post-Processing is now available like in the original Assetto Corsa
  • Copy your "ff_post_process.ini" and associated LUTs ( it seems from the original AC)to "Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config".
Anyone have tested it? please tell me miracles still exist:D

With the issues some are having just running the thing at full graphics settings, won't adding something like ray tracing create even more problems for people without high spec machinery?

possible...

but not my issue.

EDIT: lol, love the disagrees...so.... what? you telling me it IS my issue?

I can confirm for you, categorically, it really isn't my issue or my concern.

Are you upset because you want me to be concerned about things that are not a concern to me, but im not concerned? (overuse of "concern" intended....for, you know...comic effect)

That being the case, its not really something you can agree or disagree with really is it? and by doing so, you're simply showing either your idiocy, or your petulance.

Maybe both..who knows?

Last edited:
With the sessions locked during the race, would it possible to show a bar chart of race session elapsed time, or even just text to show the lap they're on?
I wanted to join the Brands Hatch race online today, and don't have time to sit there hitting refresh, so I had no idea if they had just started the race or if they were on the last lap. Would be good info to have.
I think if you go to the server list, it shows you all that information but quick join doesn't, is that what you meant?

• Copy your "ff_post_process.ini" and associated LUTs ( it seems from the original AC)to "Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config".
Anyone have tested it? please tell me miracles still exist:D
Personally I didnt like it
Although at first I didnt like Acc's ffb...now I got used it and Im enjoying the title alot...but its always personal taste...u should try it

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 218 14.2%