Assetto Corsa Competizione: Hotfix 1.0.2 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix.jpg

A new Assetto Corsa Competizione hotfix has been released - adding build stability and VR improvements amongst others.

The latest build of Assetto Corsa Competizione recently released to Steam, and with it comes a selection of fixes and improvements identified during the recent V1 release of the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation.

ACC and SRO Podcast special - Tune in HERE.

ACC V1.0.2 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • The .exe now starts in "-nohmd" mode if "-vr" is not specified.
  • This now allows direct shortcuts with "-vr" command and reduces the number of required launch modes in Steam.
  • Fixed a crash when pausing the game from the helicam.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Added savegame system in Career and Championship modes.
  • Savegame feature is not available in Hotlap and Hotstint mod
  • Improved general .json encoding system
  • Added structure to manage multiple savegames (Single Player). NOTE: not yet enabled in the public build.
  • Added auto-saving after complete sessions in Career and Championship.
  • Fixed driver stint status in savegame.
  • Fixed incorrectly forced 10-minute driver stint length in championship and career.
  • Fixed inaccurate session results in some savegames.
  • Fixed Fanatec LEDs building in reverse order (due to a change in the Fanatec SDK).
  • Updated controller presets.
  • Fixes to MP replays (e.g. flickering spawned cars when the replay was shorter than the session).
  • Fixes to game stability.
  • Tweaks to accident/yellow-flag highlights.
  • Fixed a bug of 'ghost cars' appearing in some cases in multiplayer highlights.
  • Added option to customize weather for championship rounds. NOTE: selecting "Custom" weather allows the player to customize the weather for every championship round before each event.
  • Fixed end-race cameras and car positions (e.g. back from replay after end-race highlights).
  • Fixed HUD disappearing after trying to play an invalid replay.
  • Revised AI skill levels in Career in various difficulty settings.
  • More straightforward session-end
  • Added status message at the end of sessions informing the player to wait for all opponents to cross the finish line before proceeding to the next session.
  • Fixed ignition turning off when killing the engine during pit stops.
UI
  • Added mouse input in VR
  • Fixed an issue with navigating the MFD in VR.
  • Fixed tyre sets section being incorrectly active when wet compound was selected in the tyre and strategy windows in the Setup screen.
  • Fixed incorrect title in the Championship car selection menu.
AUDIO:
  • Audio communications optimization.
GRAPHICS:
  • Added another AA method
  • Temporal is now more effective against jaggies, while KTAA is more effective against ghosting.
  • Revised steering animations on various cars to delay hands switching over too early.
  • Fixed rim speed different from tyre speed.
  • Fixed slow motion rim/tyre speed in replays.
MULTIPLAYER & RATINGS:
  • Reduced the join lag when a new car model joins a session.
  • Drivers cannot join ongoing race sessions anymore (server settings option "isRaceLocked").
  • Fixed race track status not being properly reset after the race session.
  • Changed the way backend systems store data, so data is still correctly saved even under high loads.
  • Racecraft Rating calculations are temporarily suspended.
  • Rating widget now will correctly detect reconnections. While disconnected, it will simply dissapear.
  • Backend systems performance improvements.
  • Advanced MP options: Fixed the slider weights for night and rain.
  • Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "clean": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
  • Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "latency": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
  • Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of track weights, especially low values will massively rank down corresponding servers.
  • Matching now (almost) ignores servers in race sessions, instead of ranking them down.
  • Fixed CP servers not showing up for a number of user IP addresses.
PHYSICS & FFB:
  • Force Feedback Post-Processing is now available like in the original Assetto Corsa
  • Copy your "ff_post_process.ini" and associated LUTs to "Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config".

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Which method of AA are you using?

I was pretty quick to turn on KTAA without really testing... dumb I know. But some are saying Temporal is better but still has the ghosting.
To be honest even watching a replay back of an online race last night at a wet Paul Ricard I still saw ghosting with KTAA so not sure about it...

Which method of AA are you using?

I was pretty quick to turn on KTAA without really testing... dumb I know. But some are saying Temporal is better but still has the ghosting.
To be honest even watching a replay back of an online race last night at a wet Paul Ricard I still saw ghosting with KTAA so not sure about it...

AA is Epic.

I do not have a great graphics card (1060 6gb), but i get over average of 60fps (mainly hotlapping).. I used to get ghosting in Early Access. I don't now with KTAA.

Temporal gives the best image for me but it's very blurry if you're not running a high SS level, assuming you're using VR. I haven't tried on a screen yet.

I feel they actually addressed the 'ghosting', as people are calling it, with something else other than the AA. With all the AA options I feel the image is far superior to the 1.01 build which was horrible for me. KTAA is like a middle ground. Slightly less blur than Temporal but at the cost of slightly more jaggies and shimmering. Also, I need to use AT LEAST High AA level, as Mid seems to do not much at all compared to off. Epic and High are very close, so I use High to save some juice.

Temporal gives the best image for me but it's very blurry if you're not running a high SS level, assuming you're using VR. I haven't tried on a screen yet.

I feel they actually addressed the 'ghosting', as people are calling it, with something else other than the AA. With all the AA options I feel the image is far superior to the 1.01 build which was horrible for me. KTAA is like a middle ground. Slightly less blur than Temporal but at the cost of slightly more jaggies and shimmering. Also, I need to use AT LEAST High AA level, as Mid seems to do not much at all compared to off. Epic and High are very close, so I use High to save some juice.

Thanks. After reading your comments, I have changed AA down from Epic to High, retaining KTAA setting. I cant say that I notice any negligible difference either way (good or bad). Although common sense tells me that I must be "saving juice, so High it will remain.

Hopefully they use Nvidia single pass VR which I thought was implemented in UE (may be mistaken), RTX ray tracing will come at some point so that could help with performance (possibly resource hog mirrors ¿), Fingers crossed on DLSS if that even works in VR, that **** it insane
Just a few clarifications:
  • as far as I know VRWorks was added to a custom branch in previous versions and it always lags behind on new versions, I don't think Kunos has plans to use that
  • RTX ray tracing should help with reflections and shadows, but it would have a negative impact on the overall performance
  • DLSS should help with the performance, however I don't have high hopes of having it in ACC either

Not sure how to put it , but there is an particular Audi (car no 21) that wants to kill me everytime i'm at the back of him, it's happening every race at spa , normally at the top of raidillon or before bus stop :devilish::D
i have 5 occasions of it on video , and everytime it's him:confused::D
i tried to lower the aggression but it has no effect , and sometimes AI cars just turn into me (and into the corner) when i'm in the front and they just have their frontend alongside my rear Tires!
but they never bump me like the AI of other games ,so that's a positive point, it seems they are well aware of what is in front of them but they are not that aware of what is happening at their inside when they want to attach the corner (they are well aware of me when i'm attacking the corner and overtaking inside of them and they give me space but not the other way around)

Last edited:
Not sure how to put it , but there is an particular Audi (car no 21) that wants to kill me everytime i'm at the back of him, it's happening every race at spa , normally at the top of raidillon or before bus stop :devilish::D
i have 5 occasions of it on video , and everytime it's him:confused::D
i tried to lower the aggression but it has no effect , and sometimes AI cars just turn into me (and into the corner) when i'm in the front and they just have their frontend alongside my rear Tires!
but they never bump me like the AI of other games ,so that's a positive point, it seems they are well aware of what is in front of them but they are not that aware of what is happening at their inside when they want to attach the corner (they are well aware of me when i'm attacking the corner and overtaking inside of them and they give me space but not the other way around)

probably multiplayer in public server then... :D

probably multiplayer in public server then... :D
I swear some public lobbies were safer than that :D at least you can anticipate a dirty attack from their side just by watching some of their moves , but that Audi always acts like a innocent 2 years old then he kills you as soon as you start trusting his moves :p

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years