Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix Update.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione has received another sizeable hotfix update recently, moving the simulation to build 0.3.5 and addressing some key issues within the title.

To be perfectly honest, the new changelog that comes with the Assetto Corsa Competizione hotfix update of yesterday is arguably bigger than many other games main release notes, and as such offers yet another welcome sign that Kunos Simulazioni remain hard at work bring their new title up to the high standards achieved by the original Assetto Corsa racing simulation.

Born of the feedback received since the last major build 3 release of the sim, the new hotfix deployed yesterday mainly focusses on addressing some of the issues and inconsistencies identified following the last update, and as such contains plenty of useful changes, if not anything that should significantly alter the gaming experience for those players already enjoying turning laps in the Early Access title.

To see the new changes introduced to ACC in full, check out the change log below:

ACC Build 0.3.5 Update Notes:
  • Fixed setting the wrong Audio driver in some cases
  • Removed start sequence for the first player in the server
  • Fixed auto pitlimiter spam when gear was not allowed
  • Fixed wrong fuel amount during AI pitstops
  • Fixed lack of correct driver head motion in Bentley Continental GT3
  • Changed local account data handling, improved delays caused by backend updates/restarts
  • Using Steam check to prevent unusable online profiles
  • Fixed issues causing Track Medals earned and laps posted to the Event Leaderboards not being saved
  • Fixed missing endurance kit joining a server
  • Fixed skidmarks when car is drifting
  • Fixed wrong tyre wear influence to rolling resistance
  • Reworked timetable logic
  • Added combined laptimes to the timetable
  • Fixed wrong car update during pitstop after replay
  • Fixed wrong car camera target after disconnection or coming back from replay
  • Fixed highlights not recording after a session restart
  • Fixed cars not removed when Multiplayer server connection is lost
  • Fixed possible server issue on linux emulators
  • Optimized account data storage/synchronization
  • Added Night + Rain preferences in Multiplayer server selection
  • Activated Night, Rain, Latency and Target Driver Count rankings in MP server selection
  • Added search box to MP server selection
  • Increased amount MP servers displayed
  • Reduced MP server bandwidth usage
  • Removed leaderboard/server list response delay
  • Standing widget: visual hint about disconnect state
  • Multiplayer chat keeps messages after opening the pause menu
  • Improved backend server efficiency on session/menu changes

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
The 2019 championship DLC (for free) has been confirmed by Kunos right from the get go. I just wonder if the new GT2 class for 2019 will be included as it is even unclear who will pursue that class in real life despite some rumours left, right and center.

If quality is what you're after you have to appreciate the full grid for enhanced realism won't you?
The GT2 aren't part of the Blancpain GT races from what I read, they will become one of the support series. So for 2019 the full grid is already there.

I find the improvements to the tire-model / physics and general weight of the cars to be very good in ACC and much of that seems to be felt through the FFB but, I really miss the front grip-loss cues that we have access to in AC.

We don't know if *anyone* will be racing GT2 yet, certainly isn't going into British GT next year because they'd have to split GT4 out to it's own race to make room ( and persuade some GT3 entries back ), and they haven't. GT2 is meant to be for amateurs, there's no way that's fitting into the full Blancpain series ( not to mention it's also completely full too ). So far GT2 has been a thing to throw into Porsche press releases more than anything, and I'm not sure whether putting amateurs into effectively overpowered GT4 cars is a great plan...

FFB is better every time for me but original AC is still better somehow. I tried with ACC damping on again ( given people's comments that "it's not actually damping" ) & turned it back off, kinda feels like early AC days again. Still feels better than iRacing...

Cause everyone has there own interpretation of what they think a car should feel like.

You can put 2 RL drivers in the same car with same settups and theres a good chance they will have different feedback.

Each person uses different senses and cues. :)

Don't get it wrong, as it is true that 2 drivers won't agree about DETAILS, both will (should, they are real drivers, aren't they ?) agree that not feeling you are accelerating or breaking in the wheel is not normal.

There are things FFB should reveal and yet it does not, at all...and then, there are details and preferences, which is a complete different topic.

Last edited:
FFB Is so good that's hard to play anything different. There are still some issues when loading the tires on high speed turnd, but they definitely improved the grip of front axle.

Just try iracing or even better, rFactor 2 and try to explain how ACC's FFB is "so good".

Good luck.

PS : he he, same question to the 12 champions who "agreed"...seriously, your only experience is PCars or Forza or what ?

Last edited:
Just try iracing or even better, rFactor 2 and try to explain how ACC's FFB is "so good".

Easy, compared to the feeling in real life, although I confirm the front axle load is still weak no matter the in-game settings.

PS : he he, same question to the 12 champions who "agreed"...seriously, your only experience is PCars or Forza or what ?

If you like to take things personally, well, of all the brands you mentioned the last two are the ones I touched once. I do GT3 and PC2 is decent in few cars, rF2 is the most engaging and would eventually try iRacing again when the new tire model is out, mostly because of all the $ I have invested sitting in there.

For now, ACC "EA" is my own favorite as a whole package, including FFB.

But this is me, we do not have to agree.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%