Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix 0.3.4 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix 0.3.4.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione has been updated once again with a new hotfix deployed to the simulation earlier today.

Having recently received the latest major build update to bring the title to release three status, and a follow up hotfix to address some post go live issues, Kunos Simulazioni have again proven that sleep isn't something the team are contractually obliged to participate in with yet another hotfix update.

Moving the already very impressive simulation to version 0.3.4, the hotfix pushed live earlier today is a mixed bag of multiplayer focussed amendments and other less high profile but still noteworthy changes to the official Blancpain Sprint Series racing sim.

Of the more notable lines within the changelog is the promise of improved netcode in multiplayer, a curse that has beset the title since release 3 introduced a first early pass at online functionality earlier this month. Hopefully with this very important change the title will become a more useable product in online driving, and start to really give users a feel for the potential of what is shaping up to become a very impressive sim racing product from the team who brought us the insanely popular Assetto Corsa.

Further interesting points from the update notes include potential memory leak issues in replay recording, and various Paul Ricard specific changes.

Changelog v 0.3.4 Notes:
Note for server admins: please update the binaries!
  • Optimised netcode to prevent certain spikes, causing high pings for all clients
  • Fixed Chat Widget timestamp overflow and timezone
  • Lowered Chat position
  • Fixed nameplate visibility
  • Fixed possible memory leak for long replay recording
  • Increased FOV and slightly increased maximum distance of the mirrors
  • Improved AI line at start straight to avoid incidents with cars exiting pitlane
  • Paul Ricard asphalt grip fine tuning
  • Fixed BMW M6 automatic clutch not holding idle at 2nd or higher gear
  • Improved (more permissive) Paul Ricard track limits at T2, T5 and outside of T11
Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 3 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

View attachment 278973
Assetto Corsa Competizione has been updated once again with a new hotfix deployed to the simulation earlier today.

Having recently received the latest major build update to bring the title to release three status, and a follow up hotfix to address some post go live issues, Kunos Simulazioni have again proven that sleep isn't something the team are contractually obliged to participate in with yet another hotfix update.

Moving the already very impressive simulation to version 0.3.4, the hotfix pushed live earlier today is a mixed bag of multiplayer focussed amendments and other less high profile but still noteworthy changes to the official Blancpain Sprint Series racing sim.

Of the more notable lines within the changelog is the promise of improved netcode in multiplayer, a curse that has beset the title since release 3 introduced a first early pass at online functionality earlier this month. Hopefully with this very important change the title will become a more useable product in online driving, and start to really give users a feel for the potential of what is shaping up to become a very impressive sim racing product from the team who brought us the insanely popular Assetto Corsa.

Further interesting points from the update notes include potential memory leak issues in replay recording, and various Paul Ricard specific changes.

Changelog v 0.3.4 Notes:
Note for server admins: please update the binaries!
  • Optimised netcode to prevent certain spikes, causing high pings for all clients
  • Fixed Chat Widget timestamp overflow and timezone
  • Lowered Chat position
  • Fixed nameplate visibility
  • Fixed possible memory leak for long replay recording
  • Increased FOV and slightly increased maximum distance of the mirrors
  • Improved AI line at start straight to avoid incidents with cars exiting pitlane
  • Paul Ricard asphalt grip fine tuning
  • Fixed BMW M6 automatic clutch not holding idle at 2nd or higher gear
  • Improved (more permissive) Paul Ricard track limits at T2, T5 and outside of T11
Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 3 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Fixed possible memory leak for long replay recording : no good (crash and fatal error )

Daggerman and Bairdoz with this setup I hope to help you, in my case work fine, maybe a little light

Logitech profiler: 100/0/0 - center no 900 degrees - allow in game yes

In game: FFB settings 35/2/45/25
advance: 900 degrees / 1.00 (brake gamma)

Good luck!!

Hey man, you are not alone. Totally agree, have a G27 too & have been trying to fine tune settings but cant find anything that feels right:thumbsdown:
Interesting to read. I have a T500 and with the latest 0.3 build the steering feel suddenly was perfectly fine for me. Before that I had no idea what the car was doing at any speeds. There was no point in playing the game. It was honestly that bad. Now all fixed and it is utter fun to hit the track with ACC.

But that being said maybe not everybody with a similar wheel makes the same observations or maybe expectations are different, too? As weird as it sounds, but ACC now feels similar to R3E for me (which is a good thing!) and nothing like AC.

So fingers crossed you G27 guys get your issues fixed, too!

Button for rear view is not working. It works for the rear when pressing both left, right view, but it would be cool to have a virtual bumper view not just looking into the trunk of the car or seat.
Thank you for the heads up. Was wondering why it was not working for me...
I normally like to use the D-pad for peeking left/right and to the rear. But a to have both left and right buttons pressed at the same time on a D-pad.... With my current R383mod it is impossible even. Hope they have a more flexible way of button assignment in future builds.

Not sure about others but following this update my game runs significantly worse than the prior. As soon as i go to drive it just starts playing up and then totally locks up seconds later to the point i cant even alt ctrl del out of the game. Unsure of single player at this stage

My online server , which was until now totally empty, is now full of servers. :D
I tried one, no problem at all in my case. It works like offline , which is the goal after all :thumbsup:

(That said, the options for server selection remains in my opinion overwhelming (I hope this is the right word in english ; complicated, to much options.)

The FFB still feels utterly horrible... G27 user here. Any advice welcome.
I use G25 and find FFB much better than in AC1. The important thing is not to set the Damping parameter to 0 as it's not like the normal dampening in other sims, it works different and setting it to 100 gives you much more feel. If it doesn't help.. you need to report the problem on Kunos forum I guess.

Paul Ricard asphalt grip fine tuning
I am slowly getting used to this 'Paul Ricard' track, but still need the AI in front of me to hold my hand while going around...lol...did not really notice much improvement overall except maybe the 'Asphalt Grip'.
All in all for me personally, very happy with ACC, the FFB still feels fantastic on my TS XW, Audio is stellar through my Headphones and looks and performs better now with my new RTX 2070 on triple screen monitors.

Daggerman and Bairdoz with this setup I hope to help you, in my case work fine, maybe a little light

Logitech profiler: 100/0/0 - center no 900 degrees - allow in game yes

In game: FFB settings 35/2/45/25
advance: 900 degrees / 1.00 (brake gamma)

Good luck!!
do you really drive honda or gt3 class car?????900°!540 gt3 cars have not much then 540 °

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 152 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%