Assetto Corsa Competizione | First Oulton Park Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have released the first preview images from the upcoming British GT Pack DLC - with release date confirmed as this February 10th!
  • Oulton Park previews.
  • Release February 10th.
  • Dedicated championship mode and 40 new liveries confirmed.

ACC Oulton Park 1.jpg

It's finally happening (on my birthday too!) - the long awaited British GT Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione is heading to the PC version of the simulation this February 10th 2021 - and as well as the already confirmed inclusion of Donington Park, Oulton Park and Snetterton, Kunos have also confirmed no less than 40 liveries and 70 drivers from the British GT Championship will also be added to the title, as well as a dedicated British GT Championship game mode!

As we build up towards that 10th February release date, Kunos have shown off their first preview images from the pack - the legendary Cheshire venue of Oulton Park!

ACC Oulton Park 2.jpg

Original Source: Assetto Corsa Twitter

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Oulton Park 4.jpg

Last edited:
Then it would become really hard to develop the realism upheld currently by ACC for the series other than GT3/GT4. ACC is hands down the closest to reality than any other sim by a country mile, it trumps iRacing by so much it makes it irrelevant, and rF2 although close, still isn't quite what ACC is. I agree that the lack of content in terms of track variety and vehicle variety is dull, it has to abide by SRO licensing etc, as it's based off 1 series and a few sub series, it can't deviate from it.
You might be forgetting something. SRO has the licensing to GT Asia and GT America. As an avid watcher of the American series there is massive room for expanding tracks (VIR, Road America, Mosport to name just 3) but also to develop the TCR,TC and TCA series as well. They're not sound barrier breaking hypercars but they are all fun categories. Also they run the GT2 class that Raceroom has added (just the Porsche and Audi R8 but 700+ h.p!)
I don't know if Asia or America is in their plans but they are not limited for at least the next 2 to 3 years depending on their contractual agreements. They can double the track and car count in that time.

Kunos will do what is good for business. They will move on developing another title at a certain point. This is what Aris stated in one of his streams months ago.
Their business model seems to be different to what S3, iR or S397 are doing. Releasing a game, improving and developing stuff for another 2-3 years and leave it as it is then.

Personal opinion for stuff like TC/TCR, they are not popular enough. Would like to see it too, however I do not believe this will happen. Think we could be glad if the American series will be add. Kunos visited races in Europe to gather data from tracks and talked to the teams. Perhaps they scanned the track during those visits too by themselves, don't know. This was not possible at Magny-Cours, thus the track was dropped. Not that likely they visited all the American tracks to do so, or they gonna change their approach for making content happen.

Last edited:
Kunos will do what is good for business. They will move on developing another title at a certain point. This is what Aris stated in one of his streams months ago.
Their business model seems to be different to what S3, iR or S397 are doing. Releasing a game, improving and developing stuff for another 2-3 years and leave it as it is then.

Personal opinion for stuff like TC/TCR, they are not popular enough. Would like to see it too, however I do not believe this will happen. Think we could be glad if the American series will be add. Kunos visited races in Europe to gather data from tracks and talked to the teams. Perhaps they scanned the track during those visits too by themselves, don't know. This was not possible at Magny-Cours, thus the track was dropped. Not that likely they visited all the American tracks to do so, or they gonna change their approach for making content happen.
AC Ultimate is been released in 2018, after 4 years of continuing DLCs delivering, closing the game development lifespan. If history repeats itself, we get an ACC Ultimate edition in 2022/2023 and a hypothetical AC2 announcement. In the meantime, I fail to see Kunos stopping DLC and updates development

AC Ultimate is been released in 2018, after 4 years of continuing DLCs delivering, closing the game development lifespan. If history repeats itself, we get an ACC Ultimate edition in 2022/2023 and a hypothetical AC2 announcement. In the meantime, I fail to see Kunos stopping DLC and updates development

AC release was Dec 14, when was the last content added? Was it Dec17 on PC?
Anyway...perhaps there will be some news about the future of ACC soon.

Let's enjoy the soon to be released British GT pack first!

Beyond that I'd like to see all the other SRO series for ACC. That would be absolutely ace. Not sure if this will happen though. Publicity-wise the European series outweighs the American, Asian and potentially the new Australian series by far (in my opinion).
If laser scanning, photographing, etc. means travelling to the locations I am not that confident we'll get the related packs anytime soon, if at all. Covid-19 does not make things easy. I would think we'd rather get Magny-Cours, new Zandvoort and Valencia given the geographical situation.

If they add tcr cars than this game is everything I need contentwise. They feature a series in sro iirc and these tcr cars are standard across a lot of these series so I am really hoping for that to happen. I know it has not the reputation of gt3, but , a man has got to have dreams right?

I never had a sim/racing game with a memorable Oulton Park in it, so I had no idea of what I was in for. (Yes I have a copy of Pcars 2. If it's in there, I wouldn't know. I only ran the Nordschleife in that game)

Oulton Park is a nice little circuit. The bumps are disconcerting at first, but as I got familiar with the tracks layout, I started to tune them out for the most part. I can't wait until I have more time off to get into the other tracks. Great Stuff!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing