Assetto Corsa Competizione | First Oulton Park Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have released the first preview images from the upcoming British GT Pack DLC - with release date confirmed as this February 10th!
  • Oulton Park previews.
  • Release February 10th.
  • Dedicated championship mode and 40 new liveries confirmed.

ACC Oulton Park 1.jpg

It's finally happening (on my birthday too!) - the long awaited British GT Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione is heading to the PC version of the simulation this February 10th 2021 - and as well as the already confirmed inclusion of Donington Park, Oulton Park and Snetterton, Kunos have also confirmed no less than 40 liveries and 70 drivers from the British GT Championship will also be added to the title, as well as a dedicated British GT Championship game mode!

As we build up towards that 10th February release date, Kunos have shown off their first preview images from the pack - the legendary Cheshire venue of Oulton Park!

ACC Oulton Park 2.jpg

Original Source: Assetto Corsa Twitter

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Oulton Park 4.jpg

Last edited:
As soon as there will be an ACC version with a much larger set of racecars (different openwheelers including lower powered, some low power tin tops etc etc) and... the VR performance is sorted out, I'll buy all content. But for the moment I'm a bit bored being constraint to GT4/3...

As soon as NBA2k starts adding soccer and golf to the game, I’ll buy it. But for the moment I’m a bit bored with just basketball.

These DLCs usually not to giddly priced an if another sim (ac pc2 rf2 automobilista2 ) has or has not have this an maybe it is better in parts but Acc makes up in others !!!! ok what im trying say is none them perfect, but if you had a dry burger an added relish lol

The preview shots are upscaled, generally deferred renderers suffer with clarity that you can mitigate by throwing resolution at it if you don't like the default sharpening methods that come with it, and if your hardware can support it.
One of the most important settings in ACC is resolution scale. It is demanding, but a value above 100 is needed to get a clear image (at least @1080p, cannot comment on higher resolutions). Thankfully I found compromises and ACC looks good and runs well for me.
I run ACC maxed out with 150 resolution scale (at 1080p) and it looks pretty good to me, better than any other sim IMO with beautifull lighting and the most detailed textures compared with the other sims I play. It's pretty much the opposite of "sterille" but I do have an issue with the close draw distance of the shadows.

I'd just second these. Resolution scale is the most important setting in ACC's graphics. I have an AMD Ryzen5 1600 paired with a GTX 1070 and I run ACC @ 120% upscaling on an ultrawide 1080p screen. That's a good compromise between performance and quality and i really like how the sim looks like and run. If I start from the back of 26 car field (visible opponents set to 20) my FPS never dips below 60 in dry conditions. I get 80-90 when the field spreads out more.

If somebody with an RTX 2080 or even newer card get worse framerates, i don't even know what to suggest, because something is clearly wrong there.

I am very happy with my ACC experience, and this new pack will be an insta-buy for me as well.

The preview shots are upscaled, generally deferred renderers suffer with clarity that you can mitigate by throwing resolution at it if you don't like the default sharpening methods that come with it, and if your hardware can support it.
You can force forwarded rendering via engine.ini if you don't mind about correct shadows in night racing

They have tracks from America, Asia, and South Africa. They're pretty clearly going series by series, starting in Europe because Kunos is, well, European.

British GT was an obvious and easy get and too popular to pass up. It's almost certain that the next major DLC will be either Americas or Asia. Probably the former. You can't really have an officially licensed SRO game without having both, so rest assured both will show up in the next twelve months.

Sources?
It is absolutely neither clear nor logic that we get more dlc's. It's a wish, yes also on my end but there is no indicator so far we can rely on.

You can force forwarded rendering via engine.ini if you don't mind about correct shadows in night racing
You can't switch over the renderer... What you're doing is breaking the shaders because they think the renderer is different but it isn't. Same thing with DX12, you can't just add something that the developers didn't. :D Again, all it does is break functions that rely on the DX11 flag without actually changing anything.
You probably gain performance because you're breaking or disabling half of the graphical effects.

With such insight you really shouldn't go near config files.

Last edited:
You can't switch over the renderer... What you're doing is breaking the shaders because they think the renderer is different but it isn't. Same thing with DX12, you can't just add something that the developers didn't. :D Again, all it does is break functions that rely on the DX11 flag without actually changing anything.
You probably gain performance because you're breaking or disabling half of the graphical effects.

With such insight you really shouldn't go near config files.
Oh well, gonna restore that flag then

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing