Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Nissan and Monza Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Nissan and Monza Preview.jpg

Marco Massarutto has shown a first preview of the upcoming Nissan Nismo GT-R GT3 that is set to form part of the new ACC Release 6 content update.

Having initially delayed the launch of the new update to later this week, Assetto Corsa Competizione fans don't have to hold off now until the Nismo GT-R GT3 and Monza circuit are released. As well as the content, the upcoming build will of course also contain a range of fixes and improvements to the increasingly impressive Early Access title - all of which will be revealed in good time when Kunos hit that deployment button on Steam!

Not long to go now folks...

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Oh boy so it's true.
Godzilla was stolen and Monza was accidentally deleted in the refactoring process.

I applaud them for holding back until all is stable. You can have folks pissed it's late, or really pissed if it keeps crashing.

I have been a member on various race sim forums since God was a kid and this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen written. In fact it's more than ridiculous it's moronic.

I could feel offended by how rude your comment is, but I don't think we belong to the same breed of simracers. The words "racing line", "stability control", "ABS" or "radar app" make me physically sick when we are talking about a simulation. It's a slippery slope, first a radar app, then Kunos will bring us banana peels and magic mushrooms and this game will be a Mario Kart!

I could feel offended by how rude your comment is, but I don't think we belong to the same breed of simracers. The words "racing line", "stability control", "ABS" or "radar app" make me physically sick when we are talking about a simulation. It's a slippery slope, first a radar app, then Kunos will bring us banana peels and magic mushrooms and this game will be a Mario Kart!
Did you know radars and ABS are real things in GT-racing? You really are own breed like you said. :D

Helicorsa and other radar apps are cheating, any game including them cannot be a simulation because that's not a thing in the real world. I hope there will be an option to race only against people not using this unrealistic assist. A true racer can feel where every car is by instinct, if you're not good enough for that you don't deserve to share the track with me.
I respectfully disagree that there is no such thing in the real world. The Porsche RSR has rear facing radar and a screen the shows the approach velocity and ghost image of the proximal cars on track. I believe the Ford GT uses a similar system. This technology is not used to provide an unfair advantage (or it would be disallowed in our over-regulated race series), but rather to help increase the safety on track. Certainly older cars did not have such systems, but if you get punted off by a guy who thought he had the pass made 50 minutes in to a one hour race, you'll wish he was using Helicorsa or similar. A true racer may be able to "feel by instinct", but I'm pretty sure they still use their mirrors. Even with advanced mirrors in game, it's still hard to judge distance in them - especially for a tight pass. Helicorsa is just a visual representation of what a spotter would do for you - would you be against that too? Or maybe you just are for that on tracks where spotters could realistically be employed (ovals, etc.)?

Beaten to the punch by henrisal.

Last edited:
I'd have thought most people who've had contact with Kunos and AC would know this is the way they operate. Full on PR machine in the build up, with many claims made followed by an awful lot of silence when it doesn't go to plan. Some here think it's hard to get a straight answer from them on ACC, you should have tried being an unfortunate AC console customer persuaded to buy in with with PC based reviews with the full price, 'release ready 30 seconds per frame' console version. They missed deadlines by weeks and were silent throughout - less the occasional PR nonsense like the statement earlier in the thread - and always with content missing when it did glacially release. As a result personally I'm not remotely surprised by the delay, I expected it much earlier in the roadmap and I bought in at the cheapest price knowing this was likely. I expected the usual Kunos silent then vague treatment at some point in this EA and here it is - no big deal. The silent treatment, which often leads to resentment, is not the way I'd run a business but that is absolutely their choice.

@kunos behaviour varies between creative genius and offended schoolboy, a cat is so the right logo. The Lord himself has proven to way too arrogant to apologise in the past, it's seemingly not in his nature. He thinks he's doing you a favour by allowing you to play his 'posh tennis club' styled games. If you buy in it's best know and accept this is the case. Personally I dislike the man's behaviour but I respect what he has achieved with AC on PC and like where ACC is heading, for me seeing both sides of the coin is possible.

If you've owned a cat you'll know they tend to come home when they want to, with a mouse or bird as a trophy, but most of all because they are hungry and want to be fed. In the same way Kunos will roll in with with a tasty morsel (or should that be heli-morsel?) when they want to be fed with a few more sales, but it'll be in their own time and no amount of forum hassle or catcalling is likely to stir them.

A cat might not be able to change its spots but it can and regularly will lick it's own balls for an extended period of time, make of that what you will.

I was happy to receive acknowledgement of one week delay. However the week has passed. NO update but more disappointing , no advice.

Not impressed.
Seems that my comment has upset some. The fact we had not been advised until well after due date that there is a problem. That I dared to say there had been no advice. I shake my head.

"The emperor wears no clothes" but, shhhhhhhhhhhh

Do I think Kunos will deliver? Absolutely. My point is that it is much better to inform prior, to a known "issue", than not.

Kunos: We need to delay our next release until it's stable enough
Sim-racers: Noooo, release it, we understand it's EA and that there will be bugs and we accept that
Kunos: Ok, it's released
Sim-racers: This **** doesn't work flawlessly, Kunos sucks!

P.S. I find this whole over-reaction rather funny, so don't take my slight exaggeration above too serious or get overly excited. I wonder what's the developer's state of mind in this situation, especially in this kind of niche community like sim-racing. Must be pretty frustrating so they gotta love what they do, it's not like sim-racing is a cash cow.

TBH, I am so consumed now with Sol and the new content in AC that I haven't even been on ACC in a while. I will probably download the update and run around Monza in the GTR to make sure it all works and see what the updates and enhancements are, then back to configuring and running historic races in AC. I can wait for ACC, it'll be great when it gets here, but it's not like there is nothing else to pass the time with.....because unfortunately, there is only so much time I can spend in the rig each week :(
Exactly what i am doing, Just been on the RSS site and bought some more content, I want Kunos to take the time needed to get ACC right, I am happy to wait, I'm more than fine playing AC, With the shader patch and SOL it just gets better.

Yeah, c'mon Kunos - this is the easy part!
Just hire some damn genius billionaire rocket scientist CEO to flick out a bunch of inaccurate, off-the-wall tweets for you! Doesn't everybody do that? :D

..., it's not like sim-racing is a cash cow.

We are going well off topic but this might surprise you

Kunos Simulations srl realized during the year to 31 December 2015, the last available financial statements, revenues of 3.3 million euros and a net profit of 1.7 million euros.

source: https://www.teamvvv.com/news/assetto-corsa-developer-kunos-simulazioni-bought-out-by-digital-bros/

I am certainly not knocking Kunos for being highly profitable - they deserve it despite my teasing earlier in the thread.

Exactly what i am doing, Just been on the RSS site and bought some more content, I want Kunos to take the time needed to get ACC right, I am happy to wait, I'm more than fine playing AC, With the shader patch and SOL it just gets better.

...."With the shader patch and SOL it just gets better"...

ähm wait, did i missed something? What means SOL and where i can get the shader patch? :)
Didnt followed AC quite some time cause i switched from racedriving to "haulin stuff in ets2" the last months....lol

And I thought I had met all kinds of elitists in simracing. But this sets a new level.

And I thought I had met all kinds of elitists in simracing. But this sets a new level.

You'd think these players would stick with GPL and historic racing but no, they have to comment and prove themselves to be completely oblivious to current gen autoracing with their archaic knowledge.

And not without at least hinting that current gen simracers just aren't men, but merely boys that shouldn't race with the real bunch.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back