Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Nissan and Monza Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Nissan and Monza Preview.jpg

Marco Massarutto has shown a first preview of the upcoming Nissan Nismo GT-R GT3 that is set to form part of the new ACC Release 6 content update.

Having initially delayed the launch of the new update to later this week, Assetto Corsa Competizione fans don't have to hold off now until the Nismo GT-R GT3 and Monza circuit are released. As well as the content, the upcoming build will of course also contain a range of fixes and improvements to the increasingly impressive Early Access title - all of which will be revealed in good time when Kunos hit that deployment button on Steam!

Not long to go now folks...

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Hello,

my problem was:

-30-40 fps with minimum settings, no opponents and no weather conditions with falls to 15-20 FPS in some turns and with all the graphics at least it's just very very ugly.
-not playable by adding opponents or putting weather conditions such as rain etc (15-20fps average)

I like to play my games online between 90 and 120 fps without any framerate drop and unfortunately on ACC triple screen is just impossible for me ...

I may try again the day I buy a new computer

have fun and a nice day ;)

edit : yes @RasmusP, you have put the finger on my problem ;)

To support triple screens, the 1060 might be a bit choked yes. On a single 1080p it does its job just fine though.

I do not understand those baby cryings :) The developer want to bring us better content - without bugs, one track and one car is not game changer now, we can wait for it more if they need time. The main thing is that they would add improvements to bugs - perfomance optimization, it will make just game so better, that everybody on the end will be happy, but not again crying that with release 0.6 nothing changed and so on... Patient - will give you rewards. Kunos take your time, as polished jewel is much greater than unpolished ;)

For the incapable:

Dear ACC users,

We would like to share some updates on the current situation of the next version of ACC: Early Access 6th release. Our development team is still working hard to close the current stage of the refactoring operation we announced after our previous release. Since there are also new features coming together with the content update that includes the two Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 cars and Monza Circuit, such as camera updates, telemetry features, netcode improvements, CPU optimisations etc., we prefer to take the right amount of time to deliver a stable package. Our plan currently is to release when we feel comfortable showcasing the current stage of development to the general public.

Our progress to version 1.0 and beyond will be explained during the following weeks, and we have some interesting and unexpected news coming pretty soon, but since this is the last scheduled update of the Early Access Programme, we would like to offer a solid update while waiting for what is to come.

We would like to use this opportunity to say our thanks regarding your feedback on our official forums and your patience to prefer to wait for a solid update rather than a fast one.

I understand Kunos position perfectly, there is no doubt whatsoever that at the end all will be fine. It just sucks to wait again, now for an undefined amount of time even if it is for the sake of us. Because nobody wants to see a premature release that more often than not crashes to a blue screen of the death, nor see cars flying like UFOs.

But I can't avoid to have in mind that a lot of the pissed people here would had been a lot less mad if for the second time in a row Kunos had not waited until the final day of the deadline to explain why the deadline was going to be delayed. Maybe it would have been better to give an explanation few days before overshooting any deadline.

unplayable with my 1060 ...
unplayable with my triple screen ...

finally the early access made me a great service: as I never buy a game in EA, I wanted to wait for version 1.0 (that I have taken the eyes closed) and now, I know that this app is not done for me (and my material: D) and that I can keep my 45 euros for another product ^^
playable with my 1060 in triple screen 60fps alialsing full ulra and low and med for the other option and 80% res scale ;)
( i have 5 top 10 leaderbord hotlap event with this config ;) )

TBH, I am so consumed now with Sol and the new content in AC that I haven't even been on ACC in a while. I will probably download the update and run around Monza in the GTR to make sure it all works and see what the updates and enhancements are, then back to configuring and running historic races in AC. I can wait for ACC, it'll be great when it gets here, but it's not like there is nothing else to pass the time with.....because unfortunately, there is only so much time I can spend in the rig each week :(

For the incapable:

Dear ACC users,

We would like to share some updates on the current situation of the next version of ACC: Early Access 6th release. Our development team is still working hard to close the current stage of the refactoring operation we announced after our previous release. Since there are also new features coming together with the content update that includes the two Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 cars and Monza Circuit, such as camera updates, telemetry features, netcode improvements, CPU optimisations etc., we prefer to take the right amount of time to deliver a stable package. Our plan currently is to release when we feel comfortable showcasing the current stage of development to the general public.

Our progress to version 1.0 and beyond will be explained during the following weeks, and we have some interesting and unexpected news coming pretty soon, but since this is the last scheduled update of the Early Access Programme, we would like to offer a solid update while waiting for what is to come.

We would like to use this opportunity to say our thanks regarding your feedback on our official forums and your patience to prefer to wait for a solid update rather than a fast one.

Short version
Kunos Dear ACC users - we've got some good news and some bad news.

ACC users - Tell us the bad news first.

Kunos The next ACC release has been delayed again but this time we don't know when it will be released.

ACC users - OK tell us the good news

Kunos - well its interesting and unexpected but we can't tell what it is you yet.

This is of course the reality of game development but it is bound to create frustration. The mantra used to be (admittedly not by Kunos) - "Its Early Access - you've got to expect bugs." Now the mantra is "Lets give them time to make it perfect". It is confusing :)

TBH, I am so consumed now with Sol and the new content in AC that I haven't even been on ACC in a while. I will probably download the update and run around Monza in the GTR to make sure it all works and see what the updates and enhancements are, then back to configuring and running historic races in AC. I can wait for ACC, it'll be great when it gets here, but it's not like there is nothing else to pass the time with.....because unfortunately, there is only so much time I can spend in the rig each week :(
same here, had a lot of time last couple of weeks and downloaded new tracks and mods and ac is still so alive and tempting :)

Helicorsa and other radar apps are cheating, any game including them cannot be a simulation because that's not a thing in the real world. I hope there will be an option to race only against people not using this unrealistic assist. A true racer can feel where every car is by instinct, if you're not good enough for that you don't deserve to share the track with me.

Helicorsa and other radar apps are cheating, any game including them cannot be a simulation because that's not a thing in the real world. I hope there will be an option to race only against people not using this unrealistic assist. A true racer can feel where every car is by instinct, if you're not good enough for that you don't deserve to share the track with me.

I have been a member on various race sim forums since God was a kid and this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen written. In fact it's more than ridiculous it's moronic.

Still stand by it. Sure its been delayed further, but the point still stands; Complaining that an update is not out before the timeframe they previously laid out is even over is stupid. If you want to complain, thats fine, but at least wait until the date set was missed.

Luckily its been explained before said timeframe was missed why it will not be met, so people are kept in the loop. Nice guys these Kunos folk :)

Radar apps make simracing better, because it decreases the amount of crashes, and makes racing simply more enjoyable. It improves your spatial awareness, which is limited in simracing compared to real racing, simply because you're looking at a screen instead of actually being in a car where you can freely look around. Of course you can make things easier with vr or triple screens, but radar apps don't cost you anything, and its definitely better than nothing. What comes to being a true racer, I don't consider myself as a real hockey player even though I sometimes play NHL 19 on my PS4. ;)

This game is creating controversy

Which is what Kunos didn't need. We live in a time where every flipping second is monitored cause of instant connection with everyone else out there, so they know how triggered people can get.

And it must be said, since september, the game has received content, but has it genuinely become so much better? I loved it from the start so I don't really feel left out, but for some other people I can understand they feel left out.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back