Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Ferrari 488 GT3 5.jpg

Check out these stunning images of the recently release Ferrari 488 GT3 from Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Ok, this isn't exactly news as such, seeing as it tells us nothing and shows nothing that we can't already try for ourselves in sim - but these images release by Kunos Simulazioni are just so damn good it felt wrong not to create a specific thread for them.

With that said, I'll sign off and leave you to do some drooling..

ACC Ferrari 488 GT3 1.jpg
ACC Ferrari 488 GT3 2.jpg
ACC Ferrari 488 GT3 3.jpg

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Yeah, saw Aris showing images like these a few weeks ago, using the new 2080 RTX card. So....Aris, please include a 2080 RTX card to everyone that bought the game and we can enjoy seeing the game this way as well. Until then, please show images of the game as I see it using my 1060 GTX card which by the way, don't look anything like this.Thanks.

What game company does that?

The problem others seem to be pointing at is the fact that it looks nowhere as good in 1080p, and that's a stigma of Unreal Engine. Run it in 4k, and it's gorgeous! But on FullHD, even with supersampling it doesn't get near this picture quality.

Yeah, saw Aris showing images like these a few weeks ago, using the new 2080 RTX card. So....Aris, please include a 2080 RTX card to everyone that bought the game and we can enjoy seeing the game this way as well. Until then, please show images of the game as I see it using my 1060 GTX card which by the way, don't look anything like this.Thanks.

I bet you do the same when ubisoft or EA drops their new games??? LoL i love how people think small devs should listen to every single coment some random person say..but i bet you never went to ubisoft forums or EA BF5 forums and told them to send you rtx??? LoL

I bet you do the same when ubisoft or EA drops their new games??? LoL i love how people think small devs should listen to every single coment some random person say..but i bet you never went to ubisoft forums or EA BF5 forums and told them to send you rtx??? LoL
You comment is dumb. What do you know about what I do or don't do? The point was made. But you missed it. Where does that leave you?

You comment is dumb. What do you know about what I do or don't do? The point was made. But you missed it. Where does that leave you?

The point is that you're complaining that a brand new game that isn't even out yet doesn't look as advertised on your aging hardware.

Why the hell should it? Kunos never said it would look like this on old hardware, nor are they required to. Why should they restrict themselves to old hardware for a brand new title? That's ridiculous on the face of it.

It looks as advertised on high end hardware. If you can't afford it that's your deal, not theirs. I can't afford an upgrade either, but I'm not going to put that on their shoulders.

The problem others seem to be pointing at is the fact that it looks nowhere as good in 1080p, and that's a stigma of Unreal Engine. Run it in 4k, and it's gorgeous! But on FullHD, even with supersampling it doesn't get near this picture quality.

It's funny thought, because when Kunos made AC, they built it for the day's current tech standard, which resulted in problems down the road that users complained about--odd GUI, VR support, etc. Now that they've taken the future proof approach and are building ACC to last, people complain that it's too advanced...LOL

Personally, I'd rather have it using an engine that's built for 4K, than not. Why develop a new title for 1080p, when were already on the tale end of that tech?

For me ain't a problem at all. I got an old GTX 980 OC and you know what, the day I'm going to upgrade it to a 2080 TI, I will enjoy it as it's meant to be played ehehe :D:p
OK, it will happen only when I'll see a 2080 TI at 600€ ...not so realistic now, but, you never know, someday in the far future.

Now that they've taken the future proof approach and are building ACC to last, people complain that it's too advanced...LOL
People complain, because it's more advanced for the sake of being more advanced. VR is practically useless, graphics are noisy, smudgy (even without Temporal AA), anti-aliasing options are subpar, and 4K is a must to hide the shortcomings of the engine. This is not future proofing, it's just a lazy solution - give it more pixels!

I don't mind the pixel density of 1080p, as long as the rendered image is not making it worse. Unreal Engine is the ugliest thing that could have happened to FullHD gaming. Sure, get 4K... No, thanks. I prefer framerate, quality and a clean, sharp rendering engine instead. It shouldn't be one or another. Games should upscale well to higher resolutions, not neglect anything below 4K.

Last edited:
It's funny thought, because when Kunos made AC, they built it for the day's current tech standard, which resulted in problems down the road that users complained about--odd GUI, VR support, etc. Now that they've taken the future proof approach and are building ACC to last, people complain that it's too advanced...LOL

To be fair, people aren't complaining the engine is advanced. People are complaining that kunos "as of today" aren't able to handle the engine. I tend to agree because there are games out there using UE4 that are beautiful, crisp clean and fast. Even kartkraft.

Early Access after all, but they need know-how and don't have it yet.

You comment is dumb.
Hello Pot, meet Kettle.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul Ricard certainly looks much nicer on my 1080p TV after update 4. Not perfectly clear and crisp everywhere but still much improved over the headache inducing blurry mess it was before. Hopefully graphical updates keep coming with each new release.

Hello Pot, meet Kettle.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul Ricard certainly looks much nicer on my 1080p TV after update 4. Not perfectly clear and crisp everywhere but still much improved over the headache inducing blurry mess it was before. Hopefully graphical updates keep coming with each new release.
Oh nooooooo. It's the Horn-bucklerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Run for your livesssssssss! Lol
Anyway, yeah the game has come a long way. I am having a lot of fun with it and I can see it's quickly becoming my go-to sim. I love the feel of it. Graphics have come a long way. Hoping for further improvements. 400+MB update just dropped so we'll see what this is all about.

To be fair, people aren't complaining the engine is advanced. People are complaining that kunos "as of today" aren't able to handle the engine. I tend to agree because there are games out there using UE4 that are beautiful, crisp clean and fast. Even kartkraft.

Early Access after all, but they need know-how and don't have it yet.

I don't disagree. But I think each studio is different. Some may have had more experience with the engine to tweak it out better with their titles. Others have the advantage of making games that aren't has reliant on high frame rates. But regardless, I think, over time, they will get the graphics better optimized.

As for VR. I love VR and would love ACC to be a good VR experience. It's not, but that's just one ding for me. The experience in 2D is a completely different story, and I'm able to enjoy it in 2D.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 316 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.2%