Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access Release 5 is OUT

v0.5.0 Changelog
- New Emil Frey Jaguar G3 car.
- New laserscanned Circuit Zolder racetrack.
- New special events with online leaderboards.
- Fixed disappearing main menu UI in VR.
- Texture memory optimizations.
- Fixed a chase cam rotation bug.
- Fixed a TV camera bug.
- Car light improvements in TV camera views.
- New inertia calculation method and new more accurate inertia value (advice for setups, use softer fast damper to let the body move and settle, instead of having the car and wheels jumping)
- New motion ratio calculation for dampers resulting in more accurate values dedicated for each car.
- New ABS feature. ABS now never lets higher than 70% difference between left and right brake pressure. Improves behaviour on extreme torque vectoring, like braking and going through a water puddle with one side of the car, but can result in inner wheel locking if driver insists braking hard while turning into a turn. Might need more rear brake bias on certain cars.
- Improved ABS logic, resulting in better turn-in under braking, on certain cars (most notably modern cars such as the Huracán, F488, BMW M6).
- Improved TC off on gear-change functionality. TC is instantly switched off and on again when a gearchange occurs, in order to protect the engine and drivetrain from heavy vibrations, especially on situations where kerbs and the engine limiter are involved (part of real cars' TC logic too, occasionally they will even not allow the gearchange). Now the TC off timing is car-dedicated and optimised. Some cars might handle a gear change better than others.
- Improved tyre thermal model, especially wet tyres.
- Improved tyre grip when tyres are overheated, such as after a spin.
- More tyre wear when tyres are overheated, no free meal.
- Corrected bumpstop position and functionality of the Ferrari 488 GT3.
- New ECU maps for all cars. ECU maps now influence power, fuel consumption and throttle maps. Usually the lower number is the more powerful and has the most power consumption. After the initial 3-4 values, it switches to wet ECUmaps with similar power and fuel consumption but different throttle maps. Please check the official forum for all the released cars' ECU map characteristics.
- New launch control for all cars. Now with manual clutch, just engage 1st gear, put the clutch and accelerator to the floor and the engine will stabilize around 5000rpm. Release the clutch gradually while keeping the accelerator fully open to avoid stalling.
- Audio engine optimizations
- Fixed potential wrong volumes switching cameras
- Fixed time multiplier for the end race replay
- Fixed wrong trackmap cars position during replay
- Intro sequence updated

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I just ran Zolder at night in the rain @ 2560X1440, with 20 cars visible. Every video setting was maxed out, and it was crisp, and ran smooth as silk. Full screen, V-SYNC, and Motion Blur were disabled. I don't know anything about computers other than I have a one year old HP($1,500.00 US) with a GTX 1070 card, and a new 32" MSI 144 hz curved screen. I hope in some way this helps someone figure out their video problems.

Smooth as silk at 45FPS than yeah believable.

1080 is considered entry level card for ACC.

How poor optimization been so far.

Smooth as silk at 45FPS than yeah believable.

1080 is considered entry level card for ACC.

How poor optimization been so far.
I have been sim racing for fifteen years, and have gotten over that "FPS counts so much" many years ago. I go by what my eyes see and what my brain interprets. Be the FPS at 30,45,60,90 or more I don't care, and in fact never look at that meter. ACC is not going to be high on my sim list I believe, and I posted just to hopefully help someone out.

BTW, just in case anybody is interested in how the current build actually runs on the aging i7 2600k with a GTX 970, I did a few laps under various conditions:

There are timestamps in the description.

And like I said, even on a 970 with just 10 AI cars, the game actually gets CPU bottlenecked and it would be possible to squeeze a few more frames out of that 970 with a better processor quite often.

No, only 20XX and 10XX cards.
Oh, right, I finally managed to find a source. This information seemed to be notably absent from any news about this thing, everyone just mentioned that it will be enabled in the driver without mentioning which specific cards it will be enabled for. Or maybe I just somehow eluded me.

In any way, it's a bit of a shame. But then again, that probably means it will be available to the majority of people interested in such option, as it's probably unlikely there's too many people interested in Freesync still on 9xx and below.

@Martin Fiala

just copied your race in the “wet” with the simular settings.
i5 6600k 4.6GHz , Gtx980ti @1350Mhz , 3440 x 1440
although i managed a higher frame rate ( max 75 ) my variance was far, far, more than yours
per lap, in the range of 45 fps to 76 fps.
my i5, was using all of it’s 4 cores between 75% to 85% load.
it would have been interesting to have plotted the fps or frame time, but have not found a
program to do this yet.
Wondering, if all the threads in your processor are being used ( 16 compared to my 4 )??

@Kek700 I actually messed that video up and forgot to post about it here (it's explained in comments under the video) without even knowing it - even though it says my CPU is running overclocked at 4.5 GHz, it actually wasn't. Apparently sometime in the past few weeks my overclock got disabled and the CPU was running at stock 3.4 GHz (and I was wondering why my PC felt sluggish lately). So when I re-did the race later with the overclock re-enabled, the performance actually improved (though not that much for the storm race, as that one *is* often on the limit of my GPU).

2600k has 8 threads, not 16. And the difference between 4 and 8 threads can be fairly significant with ACC, yes - it runs 5-6 threads worth mentioning, with 2 of them very heavy on resources and the rest moderately so, so having more than 4 cores to spread the cumulative load on helps. And the two main threads are *very* CPU intensive, maxing out even quite powerful CPUs you'd think would be able to handle a game without breaking a sweat, so you may intermittently not even have enough single core performance to keep the framerate up because of this.

@Martin Fiala

just copied your race in the “wet” with the simular settings.
i5 6600k 4.6GHz , Gtx980ti @1350Mhz , 3440 x 1440
although i managed a higher frame rate ( max 75 ) my variance was far, far, more than yours
per lap, in the range of 45 fps to 76 fps.
my i5, was using all of it’s 4 cores between 75% to 85% load.
it would have been interesting to have plotted the fps or frame time, but have not found a
program to do this yet.
Wondering, if all the threads in your processor are being used ( 16 compared to my 4 )??
What voltage are you running your CPU / is this water cooled.

I have the same cpu but run at 4.2; I thought 4.5 was the max these run stable?

@thepharcyde
i run my i5 6600k at 4.7ghz , but occasionally it will not start, so have dropped it to 4.6 ghz.
yes it is water cooled, corsair 120mm single H80i AOI. with AC running it tops out at 52 deg C
once it has stabilized. ( all cores at approximately 80% load )
i am pretty sure i could get 4.8ghz, if i meddled with the voltage. i have left it to the
maximus VIII motherboard to do what it does, just did a change to the multiplier, 4.6 on all
4 cores.

@Martin Fiala , ops, sorry, meant 8 , should have known better as my last processor was a 2700k.
There certainly seems an argument for a fast modern multi core processor for ACC. i am lucky that i have a G - sync monitor, so at least my image looks fine even with all that variance in FPS.:)

What voltage are you running your CPU / is this water cooled.
I have the same cpu but run at 4.2; I thought 4.5 was the max these run stable?

I honestly can't tell you as I don't really remember and I have upgraded my PC just the other day, so I can't re-check it for you. But I've never really done anything beyond raising the multiplier and left pretty much everything else at auto. It could run reasonably well at 4.7 like this, but wasn't super stable and the temperatures have started to creep up beyond what I would consider safe at extreme loads, and since I couldn't be bothered to do something about it for 200 MHz more, I just dropped down to 4.5 and left it like that with no issues whatsoever. Nothing special in regard of cooling either, just a regular Silentium Fera 3 cooler.

There certainly seems an argument for a fast modern multi core processor for ACC. i am lucky that i have a G - sync monitor, so at least my image looks fine even with all that variance in FPS.:)

The only two sims that can actually benefit from more than 4 cores currently that I know of are PCars 2 and ACC, yeah. PCars 2 more so as it seems to be written very well in regards to multithreading. But again, you also need a lot of single core performance in ACC (and in other sims apart from PCars 2), because otherwise you might just find your framerate might, at least under certain conditions, still be CPU limited even on something like a GTX 970 (or 1060) despite running a pretty powerful and modern multicore/multithreaded CPU (just like I did ;) ).

@thepharcyde
i run my i5 6600k at 4.7ghz , but occasionally it will not start, so have dropped it to 4.6 ghz.
yes it is water cooled, corsair 120mm single H80i AOI. with AC running it tops out at 52 deg C
once it has stabilized. ( all cores at approximately 80% load )
i am pretty sure i could get 4.8ghz, if i meddled with the voltage. i have left it to the
maximus VIII motherboard to do what it does, just did a change to the multiplier, 4.6 on all
4 cores.

@Martin Fiala , ops, sorry, meant 8 , should have known better as my last processor was a 2700k.
Well cranked mine up to 4.6 and is stable, alas still same low FPS lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back