Assetto Corsa Competizione EA Release Date to Reveal at Spa 24 Hours

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.jpg

AC Competizione will once again be playable at the Total Spa 24H later this month - with an Early Access release date reveal to come too!

I suppose it is fair to say ACC doesn't really need much introduction to our readers here at RaceDepartment, so I'll spare you the few lines of text waxing lyrical about the Blancpain licence, night and day and weather representation, quality mix of cars, physics, features and all that stuff and get straight to the point..

Kunos Simulazioni have taken to social media earlier today to confirm that the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation will be available for members of the public to play at Spa, the new Blancpain GT Series game having a dedicated space within the paddock at the famous circuit as Kunos look to again show the work in progress title to members of the racing public.

Although you will need a paddock pass to get into the area where Kunos will be showing ACC, confirmation that a playable version of the title is another positive boost for gamers excited to get their hands on some action before the new sim releases to Steam Early Access later this year.. oh and about that, Kunos have also confirmed Spa will be the location where the Italian developers confirm the release date to Early Access for the sim.. so double excitement, even for those who can't make it over to Belgium for the race itself..

On another ACC related topic, Marco Massarutto also took the time to respond to community members concerned that Assetto Corsa Competizione is set to be optimised for Nvidia software, rightly rubbishing the assumption that ACC will work better on Nvidia hardware than other major GPU manufacturers, whist also going on to confirm that the cars not yet seen in ACC gameplay videos that participate in Blancpain are under development, and will be revealed in due course:

"Some few notes for RD users:

I had an interview with NVIDIA because NVIDIA asked for it, not because we are providing any special optimization for NVIDIA (also because we are not EPIC Games, but Kunos Simulazioni, and the game engine is made by Epic, so any particular optimization must come from them, not from us). So I can just say "thank you" to NVIDIA for the kind visibility and support they are giving us. If AMD will contact us for any interview, to support us with specific features, to provide us their hardware for testing and evaluation, I will be glad to answer to their questions, too. BTW, please learn once for all (hopefully...) that there is NO reason WHY a game developer should not support at its best ANY possible hardware, if this means to make one more user happier, and to sell one more copy of its product. So, the option "let me put these two code lines to make the game better on NVIDIA and worse on AMD cards.." doesn't exist in the real world. Of course, if you want badly to blame someone when NVIDIA or AMD provides specific drivers (at their side) that makes a particular game better, probably you should blame the other one because it didn't, not the game developer that, please remember - always wants to sell as many copies as possible of its game, to any possible hardware owner, including Commodore 64 owners, wherever is possible.
1f609.png
;)

About the cars: you didn't see yet the BMW, the Bentley, the Jaguar and so on because are still under development, or because we are waiting for the approvals from the respective Brands and SRO. As soon as possible we'll provide you some WIP screens to make you happy.
1f642.png
:)

EDIT: About options once you are ingame: many of the options (video, sounds, etc) will be accessible so that you don't need to come back to main menu and load the session again (BTW, loading times seem to be very fast)."

For those who are interested, the article to which Marco refers can be read HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Assetto Corsa Competizione 2.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Going to Spa? Looking forward to ACC? When do you think Early Access will be made available? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Not sure what don't you understand in Build 1, it's clearly stated what's coming. So it's in Build 2 and so on
Do you see the audi, merc, porsche, mclaren, aston, lexus, nissan, spa, barcelona, silverstone, brads hatch in some of the builds revealed? I'm not so, what build they come? Remember dates, last build will be february, version 1.0 will be released in Q1 or jan, feb MARCH so... Again, whats build come with the no mentioned content??? Because that i asking what exacly come with build 1 because this not mentioned content could be in the first build

Do you see the audi, merc, porsche, mclaren, aston, lexus, nissan, spa, barcelona, silverstone, brads hatch in some of the builds revealed? I'm not so, what build they come? Remember dates, last build will be february, version 1.0 will be released in Q1 or jan, feb MARCH so... Again, whats build come with the no mentioned content??? Because that i asking what exacly come with build 1 because this not mentioned content could be in the first build

Or the last. They'll want to hold something back for release.

We are talking about calendrical summer for central europe region, no matter the weather of the country you live in.
I llive in EU but in your country summer ends on mid of September? Strange... Ot has nothing with air temperature or any another things, in any case itis better to get good product so no need further discussion they are late with release but it is better as mentioned to get quality product later than something semi done earlier

You are asking about build 1 and they have clearly stated it. Don't you think that they want to have a big content release as well for the final version?

selling unfinished games is rotting the game industry, if too many ppl buy early access then these companies have no reason to finish them fully, AC was never really finished

The roadmap is rather specific. If a large portion of the cars/tracks were coming with build 1 wouldn't they mention it? Why only mention 1 car and track?
this is the question, if every of the 6 build in total adds 1 car and 1 track and the last build is scheduled for February with final release until the end of Q1 or March, it does not seem risky to put in the final version all the remaining content that is not mentioned in the previous builds, remembering that everything comes in the end instead of the beginning the time to fix some possible error in this content will take more time than if they were already introduced at the beginning

Last edited:
Lol you should try to do better or play Project **** 2 or Ipay :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Whip has a point, I'm not against Early Access titles, but Early Access titles and its perception and what you can get away with has changed a lot since 2012 with AC. Kunos obviously won't grab the money and run away with it, cos they've got a good track record with AC. That being said, ACC looks to be ultra light on content with the Sep 12th build and people are going to say "Oh shush you! It's early access yada yada"

Well, i'll tell you this much, with how light ACC looks on content at release, it BETTER tick all other boxes such as good performance, little to no game-breaking bugs in the first September build and at least decent AI to keep the playerbase occupied so that they'll bother chasing the carrot at all as the next builds trickle in. The games industry has changed a lot since AC entered early access, and I reckon these days to have a decent showing out of the gate, the game needs to at least have a good amount of replayability out of the gate (which seems to look fairly slim with ACC to my surprise), or technically be a stable game with no game breaking bugs and decent/good functionality across the board.

Also, couldn't help the classic Project Cars 2 jib at the end. I've pretty much played most sims since Nascar Racing 3 probably, and played games from all the major sim devs/engines etc. I think most will agree (and hopefully even the most hardcore PC2 fanboys will) that PC2 was a lot buggier at launch than it should've been, just silly annoying bugs etc. But, at least PC2 was playable for the most part on PC (can't speak for consoles) AND PC2 was a game that came straight out of the box with about 60 unique tracks and about 190 cars, some of which were the most iconic and most beloved classes, no early access or drip fed content ala iracing or raceroom.

ACC can't really say that can it? I'd suggest taking your fanboy blinders off, something the whole sim racing community could do with tbh, but that's another story, and hope that ACC will be strong out of the gate, and while it looks to be light on content, will be technically brilliant, to the point where players won't mind it at all. That's probably the one thing all sim racers can agree on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back