Assetto Corsa Competizione E3 Trailer - Gameplay Footage to Reveal Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The highly anticipated release of Assetto Corsa Competizione gets ever closer - with a new E3 special trailer reveal, and a promise of gameplay footage coming soon!

With the E3 event in America set to kick off in the very near future, Kunos Simulazioni have released the very first trailer for the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation - the official racing title of the 2018 Blancpain GT Series...

Having been announced back in February to much enthusiasm from the sim racing community, this new title is not seen as a sequel to the hugely popular Assetto Corsa game, but more of a branching out by the Italian development team as they look to make use of the much sought after official licence for arguably the best GT3 racing series in the world - the Blancpain GT Series.

Notable as the first game from Kunos to make use of he powerful Unreal 4 engine, including weather and time of day features, the new game certainly looks like it has many of the ingredients to become an instant hit when it releases on Steam Early Access later this year.

As well as the launch trailer, Kunos have also confirmed the simulation will be playable at E3 on the Thrustmaster stand, so expect the next few days to contain some first footage from this highly anticipated racing simulation...

Want to get an idea about what the developers have in store? Catch up on our recent interview with Marco and Stefano below:

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

ACC Trailer.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new trailer? Looking forward to ACC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Kunos have proven themselves to be very good at making Sims, the Unreal Engine is an interesting choice and I hope they can extract as much from it as they are able to do. Really looking forward to the EA, instant buy for me,

More eye candies (but what to expect from E3 ?), but what about what we can't see ?

What about the missing team around the driver ?
(where are everyone ? In La Sarthe watching actual racing cars ? Why you left me all alone !!!! Does the team fire everyone including the boss because driver salary is too high ?)

What about tyre management ?
What about learning material ?
What about steering wheel support NOT from community but from Kunos ?
(AFAIK I never see any single document on setting my G-25 for AC coming from Kunos)

Selling games these past 20 years is about selling things we can see and hear, sim racing fall into this trap and became less amazing they used to be with less racing features traded for more visual ones. GT is the best example of this.

Some thoughts about ACC:

First off all, unbealiveable the BEST piece of content regarding this game so far is the RD interview ( I've actually watched it twice). Really good job.

Leaving aside the engine the game will run on (which should be something we do not really notice while playing) , I really hope Kunos releases a game. They did mention during the interview they've seen codies' approach to SP modes and I would love to see this actually in the game.

Don't get me wrong , I love watching videos and reading posts to improve my driving skills , as well as getting to know the pro details on an specific track during a community event BUT with ACC I want the game to explain what I should be doing , what I'm doing wrong and how to improve. This was hard af to implement on AC (so many cars to go through) but with just one class there are not that many variations.

I do not think they need to go as deep as codies goes ( I don't wanna get fired from Toro Rosso AGAIN , you know? ) but something like a driving academy , with some driving tests from the basics to advanced techniques , as well as a compelling AI (again Kunos , 1 class , you can do it) is a must for me.

Last edited:
nice mirror for the larks, already the fact that they said that it will not be moddable says a lot, and thanks to independent modders who has survived this game until now, certainly take a ton of money from the blancpain is convenient, but if the memory does not deceives me someone has already put the tour like running at night and in the rain, here return to the speech of the modder, so my money will not have them.

If I could make a short argument for any competition it would look something like this.

UE4 Graphics potential
Blancpain licensing
Kevin Stuck online ranking system
Day/Night transitions
Weather
ACs known physics

If this perfect storm releases and spawns sim racing heaven there will be no competition.

Marco said "It made him crying" seeing the results of the team.

If he's crying, I'm buying.

Last edited:
I don't think the same can be said here.

That's your opinion, mine is that AC is by far the worse sim for GTs. I can't do a single lap of full attack without spinning. I don't feel, or too late, the loss of grip in the wheel, and the spins are often unpredictable and uncatchable, even the very slow ones (like many unpredictable slow uncatchable random spins on the exit of turn 5 of Red Bull Ring).
I can do full attack and drive to the limit during hours without spinning a single time in all other sims, and if I spin I always know why and why I've not been able to catch it. I just can't do that, not even close, in AC, despite having spent a lot of time to properly setup the FFB.

So I hope they will vastly improve physics and FFB, I would love to have an immersive GT3 experience like in codies F1's, but with sims physics, FFB and features.

• Deleted member 197115

That's your opinion, mine is that AC is by far the worse sim for GTs. I can't do a single lap of full attack without spinning. I don't feel, or too late, the loss of grip in the wheel, and the spins are often unpredictable and uncatchable, even the very slow ones (like many unpredictable slow uncatchable random spins on the exit of turn 5 of Red Bull Ring).
I can do full attack and drive to the limit during hours without spinning a single time in all other sims, and if I spin I always know why and why I've not been able to catch it. I just can't do that, not even close, in AC, despite having spent a lot of time to properly setup the FFB.

So I hope they will vastly improve physics and FFB, I would love to have an immersive GT3 experience like in codies F1's, but with sims physics, FFB and features.
Sounds like someone is blaiming shoes, sorry.

Too lazy to search through the two videos...Can anyone tell me if it mentions actual physics engine improvements or is it literally, 100% current-day Assetto Corsa physics engine "copy and pasted" into a different graphics engine?

P.S. Obviously there's weather but besides that...

I somehow feel like a simcade game is more your cup of tea than a full blown simulation environment. Nothing wrong with that, but it would explain why you see AC as the worst sim for you.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 484 39.0%