Assetto Corsa Competizione Day One

ACC Poll.jpg

Can't wait for release day? What to do? Make a poll!

Assetto Corsa Competizione, release day, what will you do first? Can choose 2...

Personally, I will just learn alone (UI and racing) and then race offline, compare times and slowly enter online races / leagues.

Tell us your thoughts in the poll and comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do a race and test the ai. AC was a great driving simulator but not a great racing simulator. Hope the ai will be better this time and really make it feel like an immersive racing game.

Why in this game do the tires never touch the ground?
Take a look at the left front tire in the photo of this post.
In the night scenes, we can see the light passing beneath the tires!
Some programming lines to write yet.

Click the image mate. Magnify and you will see that the white line you see under the tyres is water spray. The disclaimer under the image is readable as well.

BUT if you are correct, I also see this issue with other titles, more pronounced in iRacing. I guess the drawings or artwork don't line up properly with the mesh of the track. I don't know if that's game engine limitation but laser scanned materials tend to have more irregular depth than a software generated one. Probably not easy to fill if you are the art guy. But I don't mind it that much if the tyre patch and road contact is being simulated correctly. I'm in the cockpit view racing anyways.

probably watch people complaining about bugs in the unreal engine lol

On a serious note i am expecting early access to not include all of the cars straight away as we havent seen half of them in screenshots as of yet but the prospect of an official gt3 game is exciting because lets face it the amount of series that use GT3 as their base gives the team making it a huge variety for expansions and dlc

Before really give it good try I will probably spend a day tuning

- VR settings
- Simvibe
- GS4
- NLMv3

With a new sim usually takes a while ( too long) to set up all systems.

I' m very curious about the VR performance.

Will not buy it in a rush, will wait first for the community feedback, i doubt Kunos would create another "simcade" or (even worse) an "arcade" game, as it's a dedicated series, but we'll never know, so i'll wait...
Did you miss the tons of videos of the tech-demo and the feedback by real GT3 drivers? :confused:

Don't forget that in the extremely remote case all of a sudden the Early Access of ACC turns into an arcade game, after an evil curse pronounced by Turn10, you can always ask for a refund :p

- check up and learn the UI
- Set up graphics, ffbssettings, keymapping
- go into a free practice session
- test if i can make changes on the fly and scroll down the in-car display pages
- check if the track is spectator empty
- drive about 10 rounds
- checking out weather and day/night cycle in a single session again
- Run a quick race about 20 rounds and check out the AI
- Then setting up a full raceweekend in realtime, with weather, day/night cyle, training sessions, qualifying sessions, warm up, pitstops, driverchanges and race for about three to four hours
- When i`m done and everything suits me fine, i go ahead and plan my own championship with my own team, wich will include private testing sessions (remember spectator empty tracks ?), an official test day and finally the races - and that all in real time. I also gonna write me some press releases and make timetables for the races - just to get more immersion and feeling out of it.

Can`t wait anymore.

Did you miss the tons of videos of the tech-demo and the feedback by real GT3 drivers? :confused:

Don't forget that in the extremely remote case all of a sudden the Early Access of ACC turns into an arcade game, after an evil curse pronounced by Turn10, you can always ask for a refund :p

I've been around for some time now and i've seen some software studios change direction so abruptly that i don't put my hands on fire for any...

Anyway, i don't care what GT3 drivers said, usually they're paid to say those kind of things... i'll wait for my simracers friends to give some feedback aswell as some real drivers and some independent friends with Youtube review channels...

I also didn't said that Kunos isn't capable of doing things right, just saying that those are dedicated series, if you know what that usually means... profit and ease of use is the main goal, hope i'm wrong!

I'm not a demanding guy, like someone said i just hope AC weakest points are solved/implemented this time...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 323 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.3%