Assetto Corsa Competizione | Console Launch June 23rd (New Trailer)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the console version of Assetto Corsa Competizione is arriving on June 23rd - to mark the occasion check out the very first console trailer of the game in action.

PC players are already very familiar with Assetto Corsa Competizione, with the simulation having gathered a considerable number of accolades from sim racers and media alike, and this June 23rd it will be the turn of console players to get in on the action, when the title releases on Xbox One and PS4 for the very first time.

Players who pre-order the console edition of ACC will be granted access to the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC on release day, which expands the Assetto Corsa Competizione experience to include the official Intercontinental GT Challenge. Standard edition players will have the opportunity to purchase the pack as additional DLC, which is expected to become available for the game later this summer.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with Xbox One and PS4 to follow June 23rd.

Got questions that need answers relating to ACC? Start a thread in the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let our epic community help you out!

ACC Console Release.jpg

Last edited:
I have some concers about how ACC is going. I think Kunos today it's not the Kunos of some months ago, maybe the console port, or changes in the staff, but they are somewhat failing, bloking posts and baning with no reason in their forums, and the pride about their success is paying the toll now.
That's only an opinion.

I sort of get what you are saying. For example, I cringed at how Aris responds to comments on some of his YT followers. I thought he was doing a great job as the friendly face of ACC and I liked how he explained the technical aspects of the physics, but I was underwhelmed with his preferred method of responding to (critique) feedback from customers/potential customers.

Don't worry they will just degrade the PC version for use on consoles.I don't think Stefano Casillo's leaving bodes well for the future of ACC
Stefano is a talent and will be sorely missed but I think he did enough to set the course for Kunos software. He seems like the kind of guy that wants to do work that interests him and after, what was it 15 years? Of making racing sims I don't blame him for wanting something new.

I'd say if he wasn't interested in a project his contributions may suffer.

At this point Kunos know their fundamentals and just need people to do the work.

I love ACC, (and the original AC which I 1st used on xbox), but its value is in its simulation and physics, not gaming features. If console users are expecting a codemasters or GTsport level gaming experience they will probably be sorely disappointed. I'm predicting a day one outcry because of no leaderboards etc etc.

Which shots?
I just saw loads of spliced stuff together that may just be PC shots anyway, plus rain and darkness......?
Didn't see anything that like like AC of old on console. Although i forgot what vanilla AC looked like as mine is heavily modified on PC.
Yeah, no idea what they're talking about. Everything there looks like ACC with highest settings on PC, with the video probably rendered down from 4K source. Everyone with ACC can see for themselves where the graphics shine and where they don't as much.

Much more interesting and honest advertising would be to have actual, real gameplay footage on consoles.
I love ACC, (and the original AC which I 1st used on xbox), but its value is in its simulation and physics, not gaming features. If console users are expecting a codemasters or GTsport level gaming experience they will probably be sorely disappointed. I'm predicting a day one outcry because of no leaderboards etc etc.
I don't recall there being much of an outcry in that regard for AC1's release on consoles. People were much more concerned with the bugs and initial performance on the base Xbox One/PS4 consoles - which hopefully won't be a thing with ACC's console release, fingers crossed. And everyone can read about or watch videos of ACC's PC version to see what they're getting in terms of content and functionality.

Still no any info about possible Xbox X or PS4 Pro-enhancements. And of course, is this straight away compatible with future Series X and PS5's?

And just have to wonder how they'll get this running ok on consoles, considering that this so much heavier graphically etc than original AC, on pc-side you need powerful machine to run ACC on high enough fps's(like in my case around 120-144fps).

I don't recall there being much of an outcry in that regard for AC1's release on consoles.
I do...lack of leaderboards and lobbies, oddly I don't recall any performance issues on my bog standard xbox though (although something made me sink 000's into a pc!)

Anyway, not important, I hope the launch goes smoothly and is well recieved

Really dont understand how they're gonna get all the features working. Not enough buttons on a controller for everything that can be changed on the car during a session
There is no issue at all to run ACC with just a Playstation controller.

Just comparing a PS DS3 lying around here and the Fanatec CSW rim I mostly use with ACC, the Playstation controller lacks 2 buttons essentially.

I run all functions on full manual and do just fine with the Fanatec CSW wheel.

Now set pit limiter, engine start and clutch on auto and you will have TOO MANY buttons available on a Playstation DS3 controller and really lack nothing in terms of serious sim racing controls ;-)

Remember, there is button mapping natively in ACC with shift and long press features, so many buttons have actually TRIPLE mappings.

I have some concers about how ACC is going. I think Kunos today it's not the Kunos of some months ago, maybe the console port, or changes in the staff, but they are somewhat failing, bloking posts and baning with no reason in their forums, and the pride about their success is paying the toll now.

Failing in what way? The only threads I've seen locked on the official forum were either repeats of other posts (people not using search), abusive or wishlists which have always been locked. There are plenty of critical, heated posts which I'm surprised haven't been locked. If they were just relying on their past success, I don't think we'd be seeing all the updates and hotfixes we've been getting. It's only a small dev team and they currently have a lot to do - cut them some slack, we're all living in a strange world at the moment!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 249 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years