Assetto Corsa Competizione | Console Launch June 23rd (New Trailer)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the console version of Assetto Corsa Competizione is arriving on June 23rd - to mark the occasion check out the very first console trailer of the game in action.

PC players are already very familiar with Assetto Corsa Competizione, with the simulation having gathered a considerable number of accolades from sim racers and media alike, and this June 23rd it will be the turn of console players to get in on the action, when the title releases on Xbox One and PS4 for the very first time.

Players who pre-order the console edition of ACC will be granted access to the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC on release day, which expands the Assetto Corsa Competizione experience to include the official Intercontinental GT Challenge. Standard edition players will have the opportunity to purchase the pack as additional DLC, which is expected to become available for the game later this summer.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with Xbox One and PS4 to follow June 23rd.

Got questions that need answers relating to ACC? Start a thread in the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let our epic community help you out!

ACC Console Release.jpg

Last edited:
Really dont understand how they're gonna get all the features working. Not enough buttons on a controller for everything that can be changed on the car during a session
I imagine it will have keyboard/button box support much like PC2 does on consoles.

I have preordered it on Xbox One so I can play against a mate (who doesn't have a gaming PC). I hope it runs ok on the OG Xbox One, and that we don't have a repeat of the PC2 debacle. The PC version is excellent, even love it in VR.

I imagine it will have keyboard/button box support much like PC2 does on consoles.

I have preordered it on Xbox One so I can play against a mate (who doesn't have a gaming PC). I hope it runs ok on the OG Xbox One, and that we don't have a repeat of the PC2 debacle. The PC version is excellent, even love it in VR.

But the majority of console players wont have button boxes etc. Or the desire to pay the money for them.

Fair enough. Was just a thought. Wondered if they might do something like Milestone did with moto gp where you can control it all with the d-pad

So I'm not in possession of a proper rig, I have a G920, a desk and a laptop. As such a lot of old games (on the laptop) or newer games (on my Xbox) is how I play. Having this on an Xbox is exciting, although I haven't preordered because I'm just a bit cautious I guess.

Anyway the point is I've played several games where the wheel doesn't have enough buttons but a display opened and navigated with the directional pad is very effective, like in the F1 games. ACC has this too so I'm sure it'll work. Not only that but games that aren't focused on simracing use this solution really effectively on a gamepad, games like Elite Dangerous with hundreds of assignments can all be navigated with several pop-up menus, a joystick and a directional pad.

Sure I'd love something like this:
GPX.jpg

but a directional pad does the job just fine. Everything else is just an indulgence really.

I love ACC and I'm grateful for what Kunos is doing, but I wonder if it's going to have a proper career - not like this "cripple" we have in PC version. In my opinion, it's the weakest spot of the game currently.

I have some concers about how ACC is going. I think Kunos today it's not the Kunos of some months ago, maybe the console port, or changes in the staff, but they are somewhat failing, bloking posts and baning with no reason in their forums, and the pride about their success is paying the toll now.
That's only an opinion.

Really dont understand how they're gonna get all the features working. Not enough buttons on a controller for everything that can be changed on the car during a session
Not sure if it applies to controllers too, but there is an option to assign a "shift" button and then assign combinations of that button + other buttons to different actions. Also there is an option to assign "long press" to a certain action. I have just a few buttons on my T500RS but I cover all the stuff I need thanks to these combinations and scrolling through the MFD menu with the cursor button on the wheel.

Check this thread: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...have-been-missing-out-on-this-feature.181411/

I want to see some real in-game footage running on an OG 2013 Xbox One, the least powerful of the consoles this has to run on. I suspect as with the launch of AC no in-game footage will be seen before launch. Let's remember AC launched with a single digit framerate and took months to become playable, there is still visible graphical slowdown when turning in to corners even on the PS4 Pro and Xbox X (but there was no optimisation for either so it's probably not surprising). Gravel which is also an Unreal Engine based game has awful framerate slowdown and lighting problems so I am far from convinced ACC can run any better.

As for button assignment, I hope those who are optimistic about that are right and it is somehow possible to change all the various TC, ABS, brake bias options via the d-pad. When AC launched there was no ability to assign custom controls and players were left with the choice of either DRS or KERS, not both.

Then we come to online which in AC was awful, it took months for private lobbies to be added (almost needless to say public lobbies looked like Wreckfest) and when they were the massive lag when players joined lobbies was game-breaking. We tried to run races in AC but encountered so many problems with disconnection and inability to rejoin, loss of FFB and in-game ping issues that meant close racing was near impossible. We did manage to have some fun in track day mode at the 'ring.

AC patches took forever to launch and often a week or more longer again on Xbox than PS4. Kunos often couldn't replicate console crashing issues on their dev kits and seemed unwilling to even buy or test their game on a consumer console before launching patches.

I know many console racers who won't touch ACC based on their AC experience. Kunos/505 would be wise to go on the charm offensive with this game, show console players the actual game running on a consumer Xbox/PS4 with a consistent framerate. The press reviews also need to be from trusted sources this time, not just a few friendly outlets based on a paid-for visit as it was last time (not possible at the moment anyway).

The alarm bells ringing for me are no detail about how many opponent cars on track, nothing about any improvement of the career mode, no mention of private lobbies and above all no in-game footage on an actual consumer console.

Fair enough. Was just a thought. Wondered if they might do something like Milestone did with moto gp where you can control it all with the d-pad
It is going to be hard to cram everything into a gamepad but I think it's doable, once your out on track all your really need is basic controls. If you put everything like starter and lights on auto it's only when it comes to pit stops that you need to get through menus, and it's probably easy enough on a gamepad.

It will be some feat cramming ACC onto a console, but I'd say it's worth the effort getting access to that console market.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%