Assetto Corsa Competizione: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Barcelona Preview 4.jpg

On the build up to leaving early access next week, check out these awesome preview images of the upcoming Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Home of the Formula One Spanish Grand Prix for 28 consecutive years, the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya hasn't always been a favourite with fans of Grand Prix racing, although the track does often produce a surprisingly enjoyable driving experience in the GT3 specification cars that are the focus of Assetto Corsa Competizione - so expect an enjoyable time once the track becomes available to players this May 29th.

Set to form part of the 'V1' release alongside Silverstone, Brands Hatch and of course the outstanding Spa-Francorchamps circuit, players only have a few days left to wait until we get our hands on the content for ourselves this May 29th...

ACC Barcelona Preview 1.jpg
ACC Barcelona Preview 2.jpg

ACC Barcelona Preview 3.jpg

For more Assetto Corsa Competizione news and discussion, head over to the ACC Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment. If you enjoy online racing yourself, you might enjoy our ACC League and Club Racing forum, a place to take in clean, fair and competitive online racing in this sim.

SRO E-Sport GT Series – Check out the latest news HERE.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
What are your comp specs?
Good enough to run every other sim I own at smooth 60fps 1080p at max settings, even the notorious rF2. i5-7600K 3.8GHz | GTX1070 | Win7 64 | 16GB | SSD | TS-PC | TH8R | T3PA-PRO
I don’t subscribe to the “you don’t have a bleeding edge computer so you’re not entitled to stable framerates” rhetoric I’ve seen on the ACC forum. Without vsync my computer actually runs ACC at 120fps most of the time, it just dips to 30fps every 30sec or so in a way that no other title does. To me that speaks of lacklustre optimisation or implementation of UE4 rather than a computer which is struggling to meet minimum spec. My cpu and gpu barely break 60% usage.
ACC looks, sounds, feels and drives absolutely incredibly, but unless some substantial optimisation happens it is shaping up to be the Crysis of simracing.

Good enough to run every other sim I own at smooth 60fps 1080p at max settings, even the notorious rF2. i5-7600K 3.8GHz | GTX1070 | Win7 64 | 16GB | SSD | TS-PC | TH8R | T3PA-PRO
I don’t subscribe to the “you don’t have a bleeding edge computer so you’re not entitled to stable framerates” rhetoric I’ve seen on the ACC forum. Without vsync my computer actually runs ACC at 120fps most of the time, it just dips to 30fps every 30sec or so in a way that no other title does. To me that speaks of lacklustre optimisation or implementation of UE4 rather than a computer which is struggling to meet minimum spec. My cpu and gpu barely break 60% usage.
ACC looks, sounds, feels and drives absolutely incredibly, but unless some substantial optimisation happens it is shaping up to be the Crysis of simracing.
I have a lower spec PC to you and I don't get stutters... so there must be something up with your installation... or is it the fact I have an i7 3770k vs your i5 7600k?
I really don't know but you may want to look at your installation and/or processes running in the background.

Uninstall Gforce expierence!!! It causes a lot problems to a lot of guys!

Uninstall Gforce expierence!!! It causes a lot problems to a lot of guys!

@tpw Your hardware seems ok, you mention vsync, you play with that on or off, your comment confused me. For reference I've never used vsync in anything ever, and you definitely dont need it unless you're so sensitive to tearing that it is a must.

I've only recently went to a great 144hz 1440p panel BenQ (XL2730) from 60hz and that was a game changer. You should be able to push close to 100fps at 1080p with close to max settings.

*Important to note some features, like shadows, mirrors etc, will always reduce FPS. Happened in AC and other sims as well.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions guys, much appreciated. Believe me all I’ve done is investigate ways to get a stable framerate that don’t involve buying a new rig. No nvidia experience, no MSI afterburner, AVG disabled, all settings at medium, <100% scaling etc etc ad nauseum. The general theme I get here and elsewhere is that i5 won’t cut it, even though it’s within the suggested spec for the game. Probably hyper threading related. I don’t know whether this is a result of implementing UE4 in a racing context, or some vagary of ACC, but it’s not acceptable imho. If I was being uncharitable I’d call it yet another case of developers developing on supercomputers and expecting their customers to own the same. But I’m not so I won’t...
Btw I prefer to run the game with vsync for smoothness, just ran it without to see what framerate my box was actually capable of.

When I run ACC, or even AC for that matter, without v-sync it almost becomes unplayable for me. I am using an old 40" HDTV from the early 2000s though so that could have something to do with it...
But being able to run other sims and games at really high or ultra doesn't mean anything really.
I'm sure some people out there could run Half Life 2 at max settings but those same rigs couldn't run Crysis even at medium....
It's all apples and oranges when comparing different titles that do different things in different engines etc.
The good thing is that hopefully optimisation will be coming.
And if not, you do have the option of picking up a cheap i7 to slot into your motherboard for a nice speed boost at some point down the line.
I know people don't want to have to upgrade, but going the i5 route back in the day does give you the option to upgrade at some point.
Unfortunately for me, I'm at the top of the upgrade path for my system. Upgrading for me now means new board and ram which is infinitely more expensive. But something I'm heavily considering in order to make sure I can keep running these new sims and games at decent frames.

@tpw Your hardware seems ok, you mention vsync, you play with that on or off, your comment confused me. For reference I've never used vsync in anything ever, and you definitely dont need it unless you're so sensitive to tearing that it is a must.

I've only recently went to a great 144hz 1440p panel BenQ (XL2730) from 60hz and that was a game changer. You should be able to push close to 100fps at 1080p with close to max settings.

*Important to note some features, like shadows, mirrors etc, will always reduce FPS. Happened in AC and other sims as well.
I play on tripples and use v-sync absolutely to all sims, cause i hate screen tearing. With v-sync you need more powerfull pc, but you get buttery smooth gameplay - and thats how the games should be played, personally i do not understand what lag guys are getting, tried both vsync off and on, i do not feel any lag, just with of it is not so smooth and has tearing, with-on it great, at least for me.

I have an I5 2500k oc'd to 4.5ghz and a 1080 gtx and I can run most settings on high or epic. Obviously I turn down mirrors, but I've experienced no stutters at all and normally manage at least 50-60 fps and often more! Even replays run smoothly and this includes wet weather and night racing with 29 cars!

Personally couldn't be happier or more surprised with the sims performance. I expected to struggle more with it.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions guys, much appreciated. Believe me all I’ve done is investigate ways to get a stable framerate that don’t involve buying a new rig. No nvidia experience, no MSI afterburner, AVG disabled, all settings at medium, <100% scaling etc etc ad nauseum. The general theme I get here and elsewhere is that i5 won’t cut it, even though it’s within the suggested spec for the game. Probably hyper threading related. I don’t know whether this is a result of implementing UE4 in a racing context, or some vagary of ACC, but it’s not acceptable imho. If I was being uncharitable I’d call it yet another case of developers developing on supercomputers and expecting their customers to own the same. But I’m not so I won’t...
Btw I prefer to run the game with vsync for smoothness, just ran it without to see what framerate my box was actually capable of.
I have a I5 and ACC runs smooth for me: Processor Intel(r) I5 6600 @ 3.5Ghz, Memory 16gb DDR4, Graphics Zotac GEFORCE GTX 1080 ti

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back