Assetto Corsa Competizione | Build 1.4 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione has been released - version 1.4 is available to download the next time your restart your Steam client.

New build time is always an exciting time, and the latest 1.4 update for Assetto Corsa Competizione is no exception. Although it doesn't contain the much awaited new GT4 content I'm sure everyone is excited to try they hand at, this latest release does bring to the simulation a nice range of improvements, including plenty of physics changes, as detailed in the update notes below.

ACC V1.4 Update Notes

GENERAL:

• New special event system allowing the creation and management of special events independently from client updates.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Adjusted track limit penalty tolerances for straight-away DT and SG penalties.
  • Post-time DT and SG conversions revised.
  • Fixed crash in the last round of the official IGT championship when playing with the Walkenhorst entry.
  • Removed invalid lap message for outlap.
UI/HUD:
  • Brand-new special events page with leaderboard history.
  • Brand-new driver customization UI page. Accessible from the Driver page and by pressing on the driver tile in the car showroom when viewing a custom car.
  • Allows player to customize player outfit and also fictional team mates for Single Player game modes.
  • Player outfits are also applied in Multiplayer.
  • Added rating summary on MP pages.
  • Updated track status and weather status indicators to provide a better indication of track conditions and weather forecast.
  • Added communication message for track limits without further action.
PHYSICS:
  • Improved automatic Setup UI system.
  • Fixed wrong pressures and consequent wrong rod lengths and ride heights when returning to the setup after a long wait in the classification screen.
  • Fixed excessive suspension oscillation while performing setup changes.
  • Front Aero Variation values are now more stable and reliable.
  • Fine tuning of slick tyres wear.
  • Fine tuning of slick tyres tearing/graining.
  • Fine tuning of wet tyres wear.
  • Improvements in Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO suspension.
  • Improvements in BMW M6 GT3 aero.
  • Fine tuning in Lexus RC-F GT3 aero yaw sensibility.
  • Improvements in Bentley GT3 2018 inertia and engine values.
  • Improvements in Aston Martin GT3 V8 turbo lag.
  • Core engine work.
CONTROLS:
  • Fixed potential hang issue with Thrustmaster wheels.
  • Keyboard-controlled gear shift bindings now pass through while using a DirectInput device.
GRAPHICS:
  • Fixed missing spark generation on certain cars.
  • Re-added opponent sparks to MP gameplay.
AUDIO:
  • FMod Studio: random offset for exterior idle sounds (removes phase shifting).
  • FMod Studio: fixed idle pitch reference for Lexus RC-F.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with console release to follow in the coming months.

Got questions that need answers relating to ACC? Start a thread in the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let our epic community help you out!

ACC Update 1.4.jpg

Last edited:
the game is becoming better and better everytime.
The game presentation itself improves which each patch.

Thanks for the pilot customizing.

I also love the new special event presentation.
But, just a question. Have all the time in special events been reset ? In pilot profile (Pace page), it is said that we need to make them all again to have a rank and rating .
(What is "rank" ? Is it a new feature ?)

the game is becoming better and better everytime.
The game presentation itself improves which each patch.
Thanks for the pilot customizing.
I also love the new special event presentation.
But, just a question. Have all the time in special events been reset ? In pilot profile (Pace page), it is said that we need to make them all again to have a rank and rating .
(What is "rank" ? Is it a new feature ?)

thx for writing my post, lol, exactly what i wanted to say. hadn't played it for a while until yesterday and the new update is really fine. can't tell you about those events having gone, i will simply do one of the old hotstint events tonight and see what happens. the changelog doesn't mention AI but it seems they are a bit more racy now, might be placebo or me getting old or both at the same time. whatever it is, a fun game has just become a little more fun.

Last edited:
Now that's a elitist opinion if I've even heard one. I'm pretty sure aim is to have fun for as many as possible. If the aim was to weed out the people that can't drive, there wouldn't be any people left. We all sim race because we can't drive or we would be on a real race track and live that life. We're nothing but a bunch of wannabe race car drivers, we need all the help we can get tbh.

Why hard code it one way or the other anyway? Kunos is giving us the option to chose, how is that a bad thing?
Now if you super humans that never did anything wrong on the race track don't want to race with mortals, then you can set up a server on your own and have those exciting formation laps that you're all dreaming of.
I never have or will sign up to a race because of the formation lap, but because the green flag racing and if ghost cars and HUD elements during the formation lap is the price to pay to get me there, I will happily accept that trade.
Im not elitist. I was asking if the background scoring wasnt supposed to take care of such things. Also isnt there levels of skill the scoring there to handle? So that same level drivers end up with eachother? What is the point of the scoring then? And training formation lap session would be there to help people get better if you want to race MP. All the scoring systems in sim racing is there to match skills so people get a nice experience. I dont know whats elitist about that.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%