Assetto Corsa Competizione | Build 1.4 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione has been released - version 1.4 is available to download the next time your restart your Steam client.

New build time is always an exciting time, and the latest 1.4 update for Assetto Corsa Competizione is no exception. Although it doesn't contain the much awaited new GT4 content I'm sure everyone is excited to try they hand at, this latest release does bring to the simulation a nice range of improvements, including plenty of physics changes, as detailed in the update notes below.

ACC V1.4 Update Notes

GENERAL:

• New special event system allowing the creation and management of special events independently from client updates.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Adjusted track limit penalty tolerances for straight-away DT and SG penalties.
  • Post-time DT and SG conversions revised.
  • Fixed crash in the last round of the official IGT championship when playing with the Walkenhorst entry.
  • Removed invalid lap message for outlap.
UI/HUD:
  • Brand-new special events page with leaderboard history.
  • Brand-new driver customization UI page. Accessible from the Driver page and by pressing on the driver tile in the car showroom when viewing a custom car.
  • Allows player to customize player outfit and also fictional team mates for Single Player game modes.
  • Player outfits are also applied in Multiplayer.
  • Added rating summary on MP pages.
  • Updated track status and weather status indicators to provide a better indication of track conditions and weather forecast.
  • Added communication message for track limits without further action.
PHYSICS:
  • Improved automatic Setup UI system.
  • Fixed wrong pressures and consequent wrong rod lengths and ride heights when returning to the setup after a long wait in the classification screen.
  • Fixed excessive suspension oscillation while performing setup changes.
  • Front Aero Variation values are now more stable and reliable.
  • Fine tuning of slick tyres wear.
  • Fine tuning of slick tyres tearing/graining.
  • Fine tuning of wet tyres wear.
  • Improvements in Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO suspension.
  • Improvements in BMW M6 GT3 aero.
  • Fine tuning in Lexus RC-F GT3 aero yaw sensibility.
  • Improvements in Bentley GT3 2018 inertia and engine values.
  • Improvements in Aston Martin GT3 V8 turbo lag.
  • Core engine work.
CONTROLS:
  • Fixed potential hang issue with Thrustmaster wheels.
  • Keyboard-controlled gear shift bindings now pass through while using a DirectInput device.
GRAPHICS:
  • Fixed missing spark generation on certain cars.
  • Re-added opponent sparks to MP gameplay.
AUDIO:
  • FMod Studio: random offset for exterior idle sounds (removes phase shifting).
  • FMod Studio: fixed idle pitch reference for Lexus RC-F.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with console release to follow in the coming months.

Got questions that need answers relating to ACC? Start a thread in the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let our epic community help you out!

ACC Update 1.4.jpg

Last edited:
Guys, or Girls,

I am desperate for some help please. Have not played ACC this year due to some stupid error when launching in Steam. To be honest I have not frustrated myself too much trying to make it work and just continued to play AC. But would like to race and enjoy ACC as well. Not sure if anyone can point me in the right direction to solve this very frustrating error?

Much appreciated.

Thank you,

ET
View attachment 372775
Go to nvidia control panel and turn of sharpening enhancement......

I actually like those features as doing a formation lap and starting a race is very hard for some people but I guess an option for SP could be useful.

If you look in the server handbook you have this option:
formationLapType Toggles the formation lap type that is permanently used on this server: 3 – default formation lap with position control and UI 0 – old limiter lap 1 – free (replaces /manual start), only usable for private servers

I've not tried this myself but if you set this to 1 I guess you turn both of those options off
Isnt the score in the game supposed to weed out people who cant drive? Maybe they should have a formation lap training session you have to do.

Isnt the score in the game supposed to weed out people who cant drive? Maybe they should have a formation lap training session you have to do.
Now that's a elitist opinion if I've even heard one. I'm pretty sure aim is to have fun for as many as possible. If the aim was to weed out the people that can't drive, there wouldn't be any people left. We all sim race because we can't drive or we would be on a real race track and live that life. We're nothing but a bunch of wannabe race car drivers, we need all the help we can get tbh.

Why hard code it one way or the other anyway? Kunos is giving us the option to chose, how is that a bad thing?
Now if you super humans that never did anything wrong on the race track don't want to race with mortals, then you can set up a server on your own and have those exciting formation laps that you're all dreaming of.
I never have or will sign up to a race because of the formation lap, but because the green flag racing and if ghost cars and HUD elements during the formation lap is the price to pay to get me there, I will happily accept that trade.

Guys, or Girls,

I am desperate for some help please. Have not played ACC this year due to some stupid error when launching in Steam. To be honest I have not frustrated myself too much trying to make it work and just continued to play AC. But would like to race and enjoy ACC as well. Not sure if anyone can point me in the right direction to solve this very frustrating error?

Much appreciated.

Thank you,

ET
View attachment 372775
Look in this post for a (French) screenshot where to turn sharpening off. This fixed it for most poeple.

And still nothing changed around VR...

One of my biggest issues (which would be an easy fix from dev perspective) is that ACC still doesn't have the functionality to turn off the helmet in helmet view (like in PC2).
Probably I'm not the ony one who likes the g-forces in that view (I'm not having motion sickness at all) and unfortunately the helmet is flickering all the time with head movement.

So Kunos... please address this small fix in a next update for us!

People saying that "they're not patches it's fixing stuff that should have been there in the first place" have zero grasp of software development — or indeed making pretty much anything.

Would you rather that ACC was only just released until now? Or until it's "perfect" — i.e. never.

That's fine, but I expect the great majority have been spending a ton of time on ACC and actually enjoying themselves rather than coming up with gripes.

Much better to have something sooner than never... be grateful they're actually bothering to patch it at all.

People saying that "they're not patches it's fixing stuff that should have been there in the first place" have zero grasp of software development — or indeed making pretty much anything.

Would you rather that ACC was only just released until now? Or until it's "perfect" — i.e. never.

That's fine, but I expect the great majority have been spending a ton of time on ACC and actually enjoying themselves rather than coming up with gripes.

Much better to have something sooner than never... be grateful they're actually bothering to patch it at all.
I've seen all this before with DiRT Rally 2.0. Game recieves many patches post-release, people complain that's how the game should have been released from the start...

Now that's a elitist opinion if I've even heard one. I'm pretty sure aim is to have fun for as many as possible. If the aim was to weed out the people that can't drive, there wouldn't be any people left. We all sim race because we can't drive or we would be on a real race track and live that life. We're nothing but a bunch of wannabe race car drivers, we need all the help we can get tbh.
Erm, I think you'll find its the cost of real racing that's prohibitive. Real racing is surprisingly easy, and the majority of sim racers would be pretty good amateur drivers in reality. But when the cheapest of the cheap race series buys you an excellent PC VR motion rig every single year you can see why sim racing wins. If I had the money I'd carry on racing F3 cars (amateur), but I don't.

Erm, I think you'll find its the cost of real racing that's prohibitive. Real racing is surprisingly easy, and the majority of sim racers would be pretty good amateur drivers in reality. But when the cheapest of the cheap race series buys you an excellent PC VR motion rig every single year you can see why sim racing wins. If I had the money I'd carry on racing F3 cars (amateur), but I don't.
The majority of sim racers...........um..........would absolutely suck monkey balls as real racers. Let me count the ways.
  1. Out of shape.
  2. Couldn't stand the G forces
  3. Scared $h!tle$$
  4. Believe that driving the car is the same as a sim
  5. Couldn't practice enough
  6. Too concerned that their significant other would get mad about equipment upgrades
  7. Couldn't afford equipment upgrades
  8. Couldn't take the team owner saying they drive like $h!t
I could go on.

What a disappointment. I could see where there might be issues due to the virus. However, this seems standard Kunos. Like AC, ACC is going to be a "work in progress" for some time before it becomes close to 'correct'.

Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.4.1 hotfix update OUT NOW!

Dear ACC racers!

ACC hotfix 1.4.1 is out now on Steam, refresh your client in order to get the update.

See you on track and #beACC

__________________________________________________________________________________
v1.4.1 Changelog

GENERAL:
- Hired adult drivers for the driver customization screen.

UI/HUD:
- Revised rain indicator ranges.
- Loading/transition screen alignment.
- Serbian flag corrected.
- Special events screen: placeholder image for team logo hidden until replacement.
- Special events screen: D-pad navigation correction when in VR mode.
- Tyre widget now displays compound name for opponent cars in MP.

LOCALIZATION:
- Russian: changed descriptive translations of PSI units to just PSI.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%