Assetto Corsa Competizione | Build 1.4 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione has been released - version 1.4 is available to download the next time your restart your Steam client.

New build time is always an exciting time, and the latest 1.4 update for Assetto Corsa Competizione is no exception. Although it doesn't contain the much awaited new GT4 content I'm sure everyone is excited to try they hand at, this latest release does bring to the simulation a nice range of improvements, including plenty of physics changes, as detailed in the update notes below.

ACC V1.4 Update Notes

GENERAL:

• New special event system allowing the creation and management of special events independently from client updates.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Adjusted track limit penalty tolerances for straight-away DT and SG penalties.
  • Post-time DT and SG conversions revised.
  • Fixed crash in the last round of the official IGT championship when playing with the Walkenhorst entry.
  • Removed invalid lap message for outlap.
UI/HUD:
  • Brand-new special events page with leaderboard history.
  • Brand-new driver customization UI page. Accessible from the Driver page and by pressing on the driver tile in the car showroom when viewing a custom car.
  • Allows player to customize player outfit and also fictional team mates for Single Player game modes.
  • Player outfits are also applied in Multiplayer.
  • Added rating summary on MP pages.
  • Updated track status and weather status indicators to provide a better indication of track conditions and weather forecast.
  • Added communication message for track limits without further action.
PHYSICS:
  • Improved automatic Setup UI system.
  • Fixed wrong pressures and consequent wrong rod lengths and ride heights when returning to the setup after a long wait in the classification screen.
  • Fixed excessive suspension oscillation while performing setup changes.
  • Front Aero Variation values are now more stable and reliable.
  • Fine tuning of slick tyres wear.
  • Fine tuning of slick tyres tearing/graining.
  • Fine tuning of wet tyres wear.
  • Improvements in Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO suspension.
  • Improvements in BMW M6 GT3 aero.
  • Fine tuning in Lexus RC-F GT3 aero yaw sensibility.
  • Improvements in Bentley GT3 2018 inertia and engine values.
  • Improvements in Aston Martin GT3 V8 turbo lag.
  • Core engine work.
CONTROLS:
  • Fixed potential hang issue with Thrustmaster wheels.
  • Keyboard-controlled gear shift bindings now pass through while using a DirectInput device.
GRAPHICS:
  • Fixed missing spark generation on certain cars.
  • Re-added opponent sparks to MP gameplay.
AUDIO:
  • FMod Studio: random offset for exterior idle sounds (removes phase shifting).
  • FMod Studio: fixed idle pitch reference for Lexus RC-F.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with console release to follow in the coming months.

Got questions that need answers relating to ACC? Start a thread in the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let our epic community help you out!

ACC Update 1.4.jpg

Last edited:
What makes you say that?

While i dont really agree with the not a sim anymore point. I would say the focus of this game has shifted. From saying it wouldnt be a game they would take to consoles to now being just over a month away from release on xbox and ps4 it kind of feels as though they havent had the sales figures from pc version that they were hoping so now want to try make up for that with the console release

What makes you say that?

ACC WHAT.jpg

That was never the plan. The GT4 DLC is in the roadmap as "Summer 2020": https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/roadmap/

"New build time is always an exciting time, and the latest 1.4 update for Assetto Corsa Competizione is no exception. Although it doesn't contain the much awaited new GT4 content I'm sure everyone is excited to try they hand at, this latest release does bring to the simulation a nice range of improvements, including plenty of physics changes, as detailed in the update notes below."

While i dont really agree with the not a sim anymore point. I would say the focus of this game has shifted. From saying it wouldnt be a game they would take to consoles to now being just over a month away from release on xbox and ps4 it kind of feels as though they havent had the sales figures from pc version that they were hoping so now want to try make up for that with the console release

Can you please tell me when Kunos said that they would never take ACC to consoles? Because I can't find it anywhere.

From saying it wouldnt be a game they would take to consoles to now being just over a month away from release on xbox and ps4 it kind of feels as though they havent had the sales figures from pc version that they were hoping so now want to try make up for that with the console release

When did they ever say that it wouldn't go to consoles? In 2018 they said it could go to consoles “if the performance is good enough” - https://www.gtplanet.net/assetto-co...o-consoles-if-the-performance-is-good-enough/

For those claiming that v1.4 doesn't include what they expected, Kunos have been drip-feeding all of the 1.4 content in recent updates and hotfixes. See: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...eneric-discussion.60715/page-181#post-1136105

Originally I think it was planned to be, I read something over on their forum. They say that because of the lockdown their focus has been about smaller changes for the SRO esport series, hopefully the new content won't be much longer.
Yeah, I think ACC RF2 and iRacing have all been pushed to get certain issues that pertain to the various official eSeries done and while it means an improvement for us all it can only mean a delay on much new content.

Wish they'd get this game optimized so I could actually play it with reasonable graphics settings and get above 30fps. I'm only running 3x1080s at 60fps so it shouldn't be THAT huge of a deal.
I have a bit better than average system and know how to adjust settings to get a good graphics/performance balance with triples, but ACC just isn't working out.
Which bums me out because I rather enjoy the physics

Guys, or Girls,

I am desperate for some help please. Have not played ACC this year due to some stupid error when launching in Steam. To be honest I have not frustrated myself too much trying to make it work and just continued to play AC. But would like to race and enjoy ACC as well. Not sure if anyone can point me in the right direction to solve this very frustrating error?

Much appreciated.

Thank you,

ET
1589494228252.png

I love ACC and have got my money's worth months and months ago. Still, I WAS expecting a bigger update for 1.4, this is pretty under-whelming. Oh well, not a big deal. Still very much looking forward to the GT4s!

Also - is this rumor true about them promising a safety car in v2.0? That would be awesome...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%