Assetto Corsa Competizione | Build 1.4 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione has been released - version 1.4 is available to download the next time your restart your Steam client.

New build time is always an exciting time, and the latest 1.4 update for Assetto Corsa Competizione is no exception. Although it doesn't contain the much awaited new GT4 content I'm sure everyone is excited to try they hand at, this latest release does bring to the simulation a nice range of improvements, including plenty of physics changes, as detailed in the update notes below.

ACC V1.4 Update Notes

GENERAL:

• New special event system allowing the creation and management of special events independently from client updates.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Adjusted track limit penalty tolerances for straight-away DT and SG penalties.
  • Post-time DT and SG conversions revised.
  • Fixed crash in the last round of the official IGT championship when playing with the Walkenhorst entry.
  • Removed invalid lap message for outlap.
UI/HUD:
  • Brand-new special events page with leaderboard history.
  • Brand-new driver customization UI page. Accessible from the Driver page and by pressing on the driver tile in the car showroom when viewing a custom car.
  • Allows player to customize player outfit and also fictional team mates for Single Player game modes.
  • Player outfits are also applied in Multiplayer.
  • Added rating summary on MP pages.
  • Updated track status and weather status indicators to provide a better indication of track conditions and weather forecast.
  • Added communication message for track limits without further action.
PHYSICS:
  • Improved automatic Setup UI system.
  • Fixed wrong pressures and consequent wrong rod lengths and ride heights when returning to the setup after a long wait in the classification screen.
  • Fixed excessive suspension oscillation while performing setup changes.
  • Front Aero Variation values are now more stable and reliable.
  • Fine tuning of slick tyres wear.
  • Fine tuning of slick tyres tearing/graining.
  • Fine tuning of wet tyres wear.
  • Improvements in Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO suspension.
  • Improvements in BMW M6 GT3 aero.
  • Fine tuning in Lexus RC-F GT3 aero yaw sensibility.
  • Improvements in Bentley GT3 2018 inertia and engine values.
  • Improvements in Aston Martin GT3 V8 turbo lag.
  • Core engine work.
CONTROLS:
  • Fixed potential hang issue with Thrustmaster wheels.
  • Keyboard-controlled gear shift bindings now pass through while using a DirectInput device.
GRAPHICS:
  • Fixed missing spark generation on certain cars.
  • Re-added opponent sparks to MP gameplay.
AUDIO:
  • FMod Studio: random offset for exterior idle sounds (removes phase shifting).
  • FMod Studio: fixed idle pitch reference for Lexus RC-F.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with console release to follow in the coming months.

Got questions that need answers relating to ACC? Start a thread in the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let our epic community help you out!

ACC Update 1.4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your hard work Kunos!

(still amazes me how some people complain about free updates to the software that runs our beloved hobby..)
Free update? They're fixing what should have been there in the first place. Because of people like some of us complaining about broken stuff. There is no new content, you're confused between update and DLC. 1.4 should have brought GT4 DLC content. If it was going to be free, that I don't know.

willim[1].jpg

I was hopping for some improvements for the GTR. Watching some videos on youtube, it seems the car is really fast everywhere on a straight, but it's not the case in game.

The GTR has been one of the fastest cars in the SRO Esports GT Rivals America races with Heitkotter driving it with only David Perel getting close enough to pass in the Ferrari 488 GT3 on Suzuka. David Perel might of been able to pass if he didnt make Heitkotter spin causing a DT for David.

The GTR does seem plenty fast enough with a great setup and talented hands at the wheel :)

The GTR has been one of the fastest cars in the SRO Esports GT Rivals America races with Heitkotter driving it with only David Perel getting close enough to pass in the Ferrari 488 GT3 on Suzuka. David Perel might of been able to pass if he didnt make Heitkotter spin causing a DT for David.

The GTR does seem plenty fast enough with a great setup and talented hands at the wheel :)
This proves absolutely nothing. Also bop changes per track.

OMG what is that? Common sense? It's so rare in these threads.

All cars fast, with time, and some mild setup work theyre all within .5 sec of each other on any given track. Some will just have their performance envelope easier to access at certain tracks.

And also, 20min races are not a judge of a cars race pace.

Exactly, people, kunos said its just another step not the second coming... Yet still people expect

1.5 obviously gonna give us all a simgasm

Tbh i never expect anything massive in patches. Any new unexpected content that we get like the 2020 liveries is just a bonus. Patches are usually fixing things that come to light once the game is released. Still got the GT4's and British GT Packs to look forward to when they eventually get released.

I'm not a private server guy, but I really enjoy this game (not a sim anymore) Remember this used to work without any of those, of course, you would find people stalling or rear-ending other players, but this happens in real life also. It's annoying but it happens. When it happens, a yellow flag and a pace car appears. Why is this so difficult?
Sounds like you think of a yellow flags differently than me. Where you see yellow flag and pace cars as part of racing I see it as something that appears when racing goes wrong. I'm pretty sure the yellow flag was invented because racing went wrong and not te other way around. So anything we can do to keep cautions to a minimal is a good thing imo, unless it's at the cost of good racing ofc.

Is it hard without ghost cars and HUD elements? Well, judging by how much cleaner the starts are in ACC than any other sim I'd say yes, the majority of drivers think it's hard. But ofc no one would never admit it because it's always someone else's fault ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 61 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 125 13.7%