Assetto Corsa Competizione | Build 1.4 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione has been released - version 1.4 is available to download the next time your restart your Steam client.

New build time is always an exciting time, and the latest 1.4 update for Assetto Corsa Competizione is no exception. Although it doesn't contain the much awaited new GT4 content I'm sure everyone is excited to try they hand at, this latest release does bring to the simulation a nice range of improvements, including plenty of physics changes, as detailed in the update notes below.

ACC V1.4 Update Notes

GENERAL:

• New special event system allowing the creation and management of special events independently from client updates.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Adjusted track limit penalty tolerances for straight-away DT and SG penalties.
  • Post-time DT and SG conversions revised.
  • Fixed crash in the last round of the official IGT championship when playing with the Walkenhorst entry.
  • Removed invalid lap message for outlap.
UI/HUD:
  • Brand-new special events page with leaderboard history.
  • Brand-new driver customization UI page. Accessible from the Driver page and by pressing on the driver tile in the car showroom when viewing a custom car.
  • Allows player to customize player outfit and also fictional team mates for Single Player game modes.
  • Player outfits are also applied in Multiplayer.
  • Added rating summary on MP pages.
  • Updated track status and weather status indicators to provide a better indication of track conditions and weather forecast.
  • Added communication message for track limits without further action.
PHYSICS:
  • Improved automatic Setup UI system.
  • Fixed wrong pressures and consequent wrong rod lengths and ride heights when returning to the setup after a long wait in the classification screen.
  • Fixed excessive suspension oscillation while performing setup changes.
  • Front Aero Variation values are now more stable and reliable.
  • Fine tuning of slick tyres wear.
  • Fine tuning of slick tyres tearing/graining.
  • Fine tuning of wet tyres wear.
  • Improvements in Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO suspension.
  • Improvements in BMW M6 GT3 aero.
  • Fine tuning in Lexus RC-F GT3 aero yaw sensibility.
  • Improvements in Bentley GT3 2018 inertia and engine values.
  • Improvements in Aston Martin GT3 V8 turbo lag.
  • Core engine work.
CONTROLS:
  • Fixed potential hang issue with Thrustmaster wheels.
  • Keyboard-controlled gear shift bindings now pass through while using a DirectInput device.
GRAPHICS:
  • Fixed missing spark generation on certain cars.
  • Re-added opponent sparks to MP gameplay.
AUDIO:
  • FMod Studio: random offset for exterior idle sounds (removes phase shifting).
  • FMod Studio: fixed idle pitch reference for Lexus RC-F.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with console release to follow in the coming months.

Got questions that need answers relating to ACC? Start a thread in the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let our epic community help you out!

ACC Update 1.4.jpg

Last edited:
Thought this 1.4 patch was supposed to be something special from how people have been going on about it. When in reality its no different to the ones we've had the past few weeks. :O_o:

Originally I think it was planned to be, I read something over on their forum. They say that because of the lockdown their focus has been about smaller changes for the SRO esport series, hopefully the new content won't be much longer.

A little disappointed because of the mysterious content to come.

Nevertheless, this year is special, with the covid-19, many things are disturbed, you have to get used to see things here and there, no necessarily when you want to and this for months on this game or other products.

Is it just me or it would be really nice to have mic chat (mic) for on-line play (just like iRacing)? Typing on that chat box is okay but not when you are racing.
I would absolutely hate this, I even turn text chat off as the only ones who chats during race are driver who wrecked and want to whine about who's fault it was.
I've played games with mic support before and it's always abused by people who can't control their rage ear raping everyone. Just join discord/TS with the people you want to talk to

Removed Cars are now ghosted during formation lap in SP and MP.
Removed Widgets from race starts.
I actually like those features as doing a formation lap and starting a race is very hard for some people but I guess an option for SP could be useful.

If you look in the server handbook you have this option:
formationLapType Toggles the formation lap type that is permanently used on this server: 3 – default formation lap with position control and UI 0 – old limiter lap 1 – free (replaces /manual start), only usable for private servers

I've not tried this myself but if you set this to 1 I guess you turn both of those options off

I actually like those features as doing a formation lap and starting a race is very hard for some people but I guess an option for SP could be useful.

If you look in the server handbook you have this option:
formationLapType Toggles the formation lap type that is permanently used on this server: 3 – default formation lap with position control and UI 0 – old limiter lap 1 – free (replaces /manual start), only usable for private servers

I've not tried this myself but if you set this to 1 I guess you turn both of those options off
Thanks,

I'm not a private server guy, but I really enjoy this game (not a sim anymore) Remember this used to work without any of those, of course, you would find people stalling or rear-ending other players, but this happens in real life also. It's annoying but it happens. When it happens, a yellow flag and a pace car appears. Why is this so difficult?

ACC WHAT.jpg

Thought this 1.4 patch was supposed to be something special from how people have been going on about it. When in reality its no different to the ones we've had the past few weeks. :O_o:
These are patches, I don't think any of them are meant to be all that major. Every time a patch is due people start guessing what might be in it from a UI change to all new cars and tracks. Then those guesses somehow get read by others as statements of fact of what will be in the update, then everyone gets upset that the update didn't contain all the things they dreamt it would.
This patch was apparently spread across the last few patch. I think 12.13 were original supposed to be in this 14 but they needed to get some stuff out before the SRO events, so they got split.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 459 39.2%