Assetto Corsa Competizione | British GT Snetterton Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The second track from the upcoming British GT Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione has enjoyed its first image reveal earlier today - introducing Snetterton!
  • First ACC British GT Pack DLC Snetterton Previews.
  • New DLC schedule to launch Feb 10th.
  • Contains 3 tracks and multiple liveries.

ACC Snetterton Middle.jpg

For me personally, I've never quite gelled with Snetterton - be it the slightly bland look of the circuit or the combination of corners on the (reasonably) recently re profiled track - however in the hands of the team at Kunos in ACC, it looks like they have put together a very, very impressive virtual recreation of this high speed British circuit.

In case you missed the post from yesterday, Kunos have confirmed the British GT Pack DLC will launch this February 10th for PC versions of the Assetto Corsa Competizione simulation, and will come packed with the three new tracks (Donington Park, Oulton Park and Snetterton), over 40 new liveries and 70 drivers from the British GT Championship - including a Championship mode within the game structure.

ACC Snetterton Middle 2.jpg

Pretty exciting times - stay tuned to RaceDepartment for some nice preview footage coming soon too :)

Original Source: Kunos Twitter

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Snetterton Footer.jpg

Last edited:
It’s a shame that Thruxton isn’t a feature on the GT calendar. I have long wanted that track in a race sim. Old Snetterton was ok, but the new layout is not an improvement at all in my view.

You might have noticed that the situation worldwide is to some extent not normal. And I dont perceive Kunos as slow at all. For slow I am sure we have other studios. Right S..7 ?

I am aware of it but it doesnt mean they can be literally completely radio silence for some times with no news at all. Other developers are still pushing out content and roadmaps.

ACC is well-made, with a high-standard content (these british tracks look stunning) but I'm still disapointed by the braking feeling (compared to AC and RF2), wich is one of the most important thing for me in simracing. A real race driver (he drove the 911 Cup and GT3) and instructor told me : " you can't drive in ACC like IRL, something is weird in the physics". He prefers AC (even if sometimes, there's too much grip for him and the tires management is not perfect).
Unlike some other race drivers (with a youtube channel), he is not endorsed by any brand and can speak freely about that.

I know of other race driver that will tell you exactly the opposite, that you can brake in ACC exactly like in real life. And he is also a real world GT3 driver. Go figure.

unless you have these guys in exactly the same hardware setup AND hooked to a lie detector, we will never get an answer to THAT question :). actually, the little i know of human perception and our construction of reality tells me: not even then! but it makes for enjoyable reading endlessly

Last edited:
Yes and the expensive prices from RR, just tell me where you can buy a dlc with 11 different cars paying 15'99€ (GT4 DLC) on RR? or maybe if RR can sell you 4 láser scanned tracks for 20€? Oh wait they can't
Well, what about 6 different GT4 cars for 8€? Or what about 19 tracks for 23€?

I don't understand what people are doing wrong.
My VR experience is (and always has been) great.
(intel 10900k, Gigabyte RTX3080, 32Gb ram).

Same for me, 1080ti/CV1. Not perfect but excellent. You need to fiddle with the settings but it is not that hard since you can do it while in game.
ACC is not perfect but reading critics about breaking feeling or VR issues makes me scratch my head.

You could even be right, I'll admit I havn't tried it for a while. Maybe it's better now than it was. I'll reinstall it this evening and give it a try.
Same for me, 1080ti/CV1. Not perfect but excellent. You need to fiddle with the settings but it is not that hard since you can do it while in game.
ACC is not perfect but reading critics about breaking feeling or VR issues makes me scratch my head.
Its all these tales (or experiences i should say) of people saying 'rubbish', 'unplayable', etc, who will be putting people off trying (or even buying) ACC, when they are possibly the minority (the smallest voice shouts loudest).
I too had a 1080 and CV1 and found it rather good, and since getting my most recent HMD (HP G2) find it even better with my current set-up (10900k, 3080, 32Gb).
I guess its hit and miss with various settings, or people need to tinker more (or probably less).

Last edited:
I know of other race driver that will tell you exactly the opposite, that you can brake in ACC exactly like in real life. And he is also a real world GT3 driver. Go figure.

Yeah, same! I’m lucky enough to run on ACC with real GT3 drivers and they are all positive about ACC,especially in comparison to rf2 GT3s. They certainly don’t mention weird braking feeling. Could be some folks struggle with the ABS?

I don't understand what people are doing wrong.
My VR experience is (and always has been) great.
(intel 10900k, Gigabyte RTX3080, 32Gb ram).
I'm in the same boat. I want to build a new computer but I'm running ACC in VR exclusively. I have a 3770k, 1080ti, 16gb of ddr3, and some ssd's. My pc is very much behind the times and yet ACC is great in VR now.

It was an awful mess when it first released in VR but it is actually quite pretty now.

Since getting my 3080 and learning to reduce resolution scale to 70 & SS to 150 along with lowering the mirror resolution, VR performance is now more than playable. I can't get enough of this game after not having touched it for a year due to poor performance, jaggies, a funny blur which made spotting the corners approaching difficult. I wouldn't say it is the best VR performer but a lot ahs changed that makes it certainly playable, along with the physics, sound, career mode, busy online presence, I'm really enjoying this title now. A little late to the party but I'm glad I'm finally here.

Watch this Video, than you see what is wrong with ACC an VR:
But when read here that someone can drive ACC with HP R2, i just can laughing... i tried everything with my i9 9900k @5GHz and gtx 3090, but no chance to get it run fluently, all the time micro stuttering

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 387 39.8%