Assetto Corsa Competizione: Audi R8 LMS EVO Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo 2019.jpg

Continuing the Assetto Corsa Competizione 2019 season update previews, next up we have the rather striking Audi R8 LMS EVO...

Before getting into the article, I want to go ever so slightly off topic for a moment or two and talk in general terms about GT3 racing cars. I'm a fan of closed top GT racing, have been since the good old GT1 / LG Super Racing Weekend days of the early to mid 2000's.

Thanks to the ever increasing exposure of GT3 and series like the Blancpain GT Series, both trackside viewing and various news outlets and TV / internet broadcasts, it is easy for one to become a little blase about the sheer variety and style of the current generation of GT3 specification machinery.

Seeing them regularly but never really noticing them properly, I've found it rather cool indeed to study these latest Assetto Corsa Competizione preview images from the impending 2019 season update - and realising all over again just how thoroughly stunning the new cars actually look.

Aggressive, sturdy, racy, dramatic.. whatever you want to use to describe them, it's probably fair to say that many of the racing public find these exceptional cars as beautiful to behold as much as the drivers enjoy racing them throughout the world.

Take the Audi R8 LMS GT3 EVO previewed at the head of this article for example. The road going R8 is a nice machine for sure, but just look how sweet the racing version looks! Folks, take a moment to savour what we have here.. GT3 racing is awesome.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Fully agree, Portnoy. However, I ran a 6h event at Spa and once the field spreads out the challenge really is staying focussed, a bit more traffic would go a long way. But developers have been so adamant about not being able to go significantly beyond what we have now (29+player), I suppose this will never happen. It's a pity, because without a full grid, the endurance really is not what it should be.

I get that but then again, how often do people do 6Hr races (even with the save feature)?
For anything less than 1Hr which I strongly believe is what people do most of the time, 30 cars is more than enough.
I’m not saying it’s not desirable, I just don’t see it as a game breaker like Brendan does

well, for me it was a game switcher. I bought it to do long distance races in short Intervalls, for short distances I have iRacing. Now, as you surmised, I do classic sprint format (2x30min) or slightly longer (90min) and I'm fine, it is a great game, just a pity it didn't quite deliver what I wanted when it said "full realistic Blancpain series". Very curious how the iRacing AI (if it ever happens) will tackle the problem.

It’s not about cost though, there’s nothing you could buy no matter how much $ you had that could do it. Maybe next year with the next gen CPU’s and GPU’s that will improve but right now there’s nothing
It's not on hardware side, it's software, there is no need for the player physics to be used on AI, some simplifications for the virtual dudes could be done (especially for the AIs that are away of the player).
Tho since I'm more of a online player I'm more interested on proper race rules (VSC and actual safety cars, this is fun to have in a league)

It's not on hardware side, it's software, there is no need for the player physics to be used on AI, some simplifications for the virtual dudes could be done (especially for the AIs that are away of the player).
Tho since I'm more of a online player I'm more interested on proper race rules (VSC and actual safety cars, this is fun to have in a league)

Not the Kunos way and I agree, if you simplify the AI that’s where you see them do impossible things, I don’t want to see them taking corners faster then is possible

Not the Kunos way and I agree, if you simplify the AI that’s where you see them do impossible things, I don’t want to see them taking corners faster then is possible
Always possible to make them do things right. rF2 AI was the best till S397 broke them. Reiza AI is not bad either and it's better than AC/ACC, actually if Reiza added defending line to their AI they'd be the best in market till iR release theirs because if their AI is based on NR2003 I dont think other sims will get closer. Some AI issues reported in those sims are even player fault (mostly caused by braking too early even for racing other humans)
Also if you only simplify the AIs away of the player it wont have any effect on your driving. I mean use current AI calculations for the 20~30 AIs around you, simplify for the rest. You wont even notice and some low end PCs would be able to run full grids. Doing this with 20 maybe even consoles could run ACC?

Last edited:
You are looking for perfection or near perfection on things created by humans... this turns the problem more about you than the AI. Nuff said.
No, quite the opposite. It was you stating it's "always possible to make them do things right". I was just pointing out, there is not a sim yet that has everything "right" regarding the AI. So no, obviously it's not always possible to make them do everything right, no matter how hard you try.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%