Assetto Corsa Competizione: Audi R8 LMS EVO Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo 2019.jpg

Continuing the Assetto Corsa Competizione 2019 season update previews, next up we have the rather striking Audi R8 LMS EVO...

Before getting into the article, I want to go ever so slightly off topic for a moment or two and talk in general terms about GT3 racing cars. I'm a fan of closed top GT racing, have been since the good old GT1 / LG Super Racing Weekend days of the early to mid 2000's.

Thanks to the ever increasing exposure of GT3 and series like the Blancpain GT Series, both trackside viewing and various news outlets and TV / internet broadcasts, it is easy for one to become a little blase about the sheer variety and style of the current generation of GT3 specification machinery.

Seeing them regularly but never really noticing them properly, I've found it rather cool indeed to study these latest Assetto Corsa Competizione preview images from the impending 2019 season update - and realising all over again just how thoroughly stunning the new cars actually look.

Aggressive, sturdy, racy, dramatic.. whatever you want to use to describe them, it's probably fair to say that many of the racing public find these exceptional cars as beautiful to behold as much as the drivers enjoy racing them throughout the world.

Take the Audi R8 LMS GT3 EVO previewed at the head of this article for example. The road going R8 is a nice machine for sure, but just look how sweet the racing version looks! Folks, take a moment to savour what we have here.. GT3 racing is awesome.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
In the previous news, i see a reply of a member about Ray Tracing.

I'm agree with him on it screen. There is a huge difference with one of the video of cars in the menu of ACC :

For those that visit kunos forums is there any word about if they are working on FCY and proper grid sizes?

No word on either, they don’t tend to comment on anything they aren’t certain on even if they are trying to get it done. Bigger grid sizes would be limited by CPU power hugely so probably not something you could enable until there’s a heap more of that.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%
  • €3001-5000