Assetto Corsa Competizione | Another Hotfix Release Is Here

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have deployed yet another new hotfix update to Assetto Corsa Competizione - adding a range of smaller fixes and improvements to the simulation.

Busy days continue over in Italy as the ever impressive Kunos Simulazioni have deployed another new hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione - further addressing some outstanding minor issues with the simulation as well as adding minor tweaks to the core software offering.

ACC Middle.jpg

v1.7.5 changelog

GRAPHICS:

• Over-car labels: removed contact shadow and reflection influence and added lighting-dependent dimmer.
  • Tweaks to night brightness, volumetric fog and wet material properties of new British tracks.
PHYSICS:
  • Improved implementation of aerodynamic added mass effect.
UI:
  • Added active BOP group indicator on garage screen.

Original Source; Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
The VR point is factually true, we all know it, UE4 is trash to VR. It's never going to be good becuse of the graphics engine itself, for that reason VR wasn't included in ACC since the very beginning.

Where did you come up with this? It was always supposed to have VR or i would have never bought into the EA. If i remember correctly it was the 3rd release in EA where it was added. So youre really misinformed there with regards to defending them on having crappy VR.

@d69morpwr : I totally get your point (not a VR user here). Not trying to defend or further the point.

But what you are saying is that you wasted 25€ (or equivalent in your currency) on the game in EA, right?

If THAT is the problem of VR users.....yeah, losses noted, move on. AMS 2 here you come!
(Sorry but it couldn't be helped)

The VR point is factually true, we all know it, UE4 is trash to VR. It's never going to be good becuse of the graphics engine itself, for that reason VR wasn't included in ACC since the very beginning.

VR works great for me as it does many people.
A lot of it might be hardware, set up or just general knowledge of how it works/doesnt work.

It was only after the VR users started to invade the forums being a pain in the ass with the no vr no buy drivel that the devs implemented it in an unsuitable graphics engine to VR just to appeace them. VR is never going to work fine in ACC until hardware improves quite a lot, deal with it, or go to UE forums and demand to the right devs to improve their graphics engine for VR.

VR was always going to to be part of it. In fact they even had it tagged with VR (which they removed for a short while) at release.

But asking kunos to do that work is absurd: VR users are as of today just 2.21% of all steam users, source: Steam February 2021 hardware and sofware survey. You guys make quite a lot of noise, but in reality very few sim copies are sold to people that really have VR devices. Kunos can't put 15 programmers to totally rewrite the entire UE4 for more than a year without doing any other work on the sim just to please the 2.21% of their users. Who is going to pay their salaries in a full year without dlcs nor patches?.

This is clearly not true and misleading.
For a start the majority of games on Steam are not in VR.
Even fewer are sim racers.
Ok, 2.21% of Steam users may use VR, but FAR more than that race ACC in VR (I bet closer to 50% of ACC users), so they would be catering for their own userbase not for the whole of Steams.
Even if it was 2.21%, then if they sold 100,000 units at £35 each then that is about £77,000, which is a good wage to give a couple of people to work on VR. If it is 50% of users then its closer to £175,000.
In reality they sold a lot more than 100,000 units, so you do the maths (the original AC sold 1.4 million as of 2017 Assetto Corsa Has Sold Over 1.4 Million Copies (gtplanet.net) ).
In fact i am sure i read somewhere that AC/C has made over £100,000,000, so even at 2.21% it could be over £2 million gained in VR sales.

Looking at your logic, i bet FAR less Steam users have a steering wheel than VR (say 0.2%), so why should Kunos cater for them? Or how about a motion rig? Even less i would say.

Update, a post/poll by me last year showed it as being 40% of sim racers use VR
What do you 'mainly' play your PC sims on? | RaceDepartment
This number may be more now due to the release of the G2 and Q2.

Last edited:
"Added active BOP group indicator on garage screen" - how exactly do I find this in game, please.
This is what I wondered as well.
This might be meant for MP sessions, where the server admin can manually add weight to certain cars? With this everyone could see it while being in the pits. Not sure where you would find this info otherwise.... But just guessing.

Bit offtopic, but has anyone tried opentrack with ACC? I've got opentrack + some facetrack app which works quite well in DCS sim, but in ACC its all over the place and looking left/right doesn't work. Is there a profile available for ACC opentrack?

New update out!

v1.7.6 changelog

PHYSICS:
- Shared memory: added currentTyreSet and strategyTyreSet.
- Capped tick frequency of automatic setup system to avoid unwanted oscillation at very high tick rates.
- Corrected occasional inconsistent camber conversion of default 2019 setup presets when loaded on 2020 track versions.
Minor balancing tweaks for the following GT3 cars and track categories (all 2020, unless IGT or BrGT):
- Honda NSX GT3 Evo at EU D
- McLaren 720S GT3 at EU C and BrGT B
- Lexus RC F GT3 at BrGT B and IGT E
- BMW M6 GT3 at BrGT B and D
- Bentley Continental GT3 at BrGT B
- Audi R8 GT3 Evo at EU A and EU C
Minor balancing tweaks for the following GT4 cars:
- AMR Vantage GT4 at EU D
- KTM XBOW GT4 at EU B, C, D2 and D3
- Ginetta G55 GT4 at BrGT B
- Alpine A110 GT4 at BrGT B
- Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R at BrGT B and D

GAMEPLAY:
- Eliminated rare interference of the Logitech Trueforce implementation with AI controller.
- Fixed checkered flag marshal at Paul Ricard waving flag prematurely at race finish.
- Race comm - adjusted strategy alert threshold for being on the wrong tyre compound.

UI:
- Added more race length options and combinations to custom race weekend mode.
- Fixed AI slider being mixed up in championship settings.
- BOP category indicator on garage screen made visible in Single Player sessions.
- MFD - removed driver autoselect feature in Multiplayer driver swap sessions.
- Tweaked DirectInput repeat-when-button-held activation timing in UI navigation.
- Tweaked HUD hiding/showing/cycling behaviour, fixed initial display of available HUD lists not populating.
- Replay - quickly hide control panel when clicking on empty screen area, do not pop up control panel when using the standings widget.

GRAPHICS:
- Added British GT windshield banner options for custom cars.
- Fixed British GT numberplate layout incompatibility with the Mclaren 570S custom liveries.
- Minor graphical fixes on the Porsche Cup car.

I bet closer to 50% of ACC users
That's a delusional number. Around 5-10% users, so 4-500 people(!) play in VR in ACC at any given time. It is highest when the least active players there are, and goes down with peak user numbers. Projected to all owners, and taking into account that VR users are likely regular users considering their dedication to high-end hardware, the Steam % is not far from reality at all, likely double or triple if we wanna be really gracious. It's a small and loud echochamber. It might be technologically innovative, it might be slowly growing, but it's still small (and oh boy how loud).

Cannot really compare with the percentage of wheel users, it's inherent to the main focus of the game, VR in the end is still a niche (audio)visual peripheral.

Also cannot really take whatever is being posted online as the generic point of view, around 90% of the paying player base never touched the keyboard to type a single word on any forum, what you see in discussions, discord channels and comments are just a small and specific portion of the community. Surely it needs catered to and it's always a balance between what's feasible and what's feasibly necessary to keep the every group happy.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

That's a delusional number. Around 5-10% users, so 4-500 people(!) play in VR in ACC at any given time. It is highest when the least active players there are, and goes down with peak user numbers. Projected to all owners, and taking into account that VR users are likely regular users considering their dedication to high-end hardware, the Steam % is not far from reality at all, likely double or triple if we wanna be really gracious. It's a small and loud echochamber. It might be technologically innovative, it might be slowly growing, but it's still small (and oh boy how loud).
Around 90% of the paying player base never touched the keyboard to type a single word on any forum, what you see in discussions, discord channels and comments are just a small and specific portion of the community.
Cannot really compare with the percentage of wheel users, it's the main focus of the game, VR in the end is still a niche (audio)visual peripheral.
Gergo, do you have numbers for triple screen users or DD wheels?
I think it's a bit dismissive to call them all a "vocal minority". We understand that "majority" is probably playing with G27 on 17" 1080p monitor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gergo, do you have numbers for triple screen users or DD wheels?
I think it's a bit dismissive to call them all a "vocal minority". We understand that "majority" is probably playing with G27 on 17" 1080p monitor.
A bit less for triples, I don't think we have metrics for DD wheels specifically.

I'm not dismissing anyone, there's no way to dismiss VR in today's gaming, I was just reacting to the supposition that half of our userbase have VR, which is a number that is almost off by itself and I couldn't go by it. :)
They don't need (or deserve) dismissing, but people tend to immerse themselves in their own subgroups, which can give them a distorted image about global priorities and create assumptions that they are being treated negatively out of spite.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 249 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 165 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years