Assetto Corsa Competizione | Another Hotfix Release Is Here

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have deployed yet another new hotfix update to Assetto Corsa Competizione - adding a range of smaller fixes and improvements to the simulation.

Busy days continue over in Italy as the ever impressive Kunos Simulazioni have deployed another new hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione - further addressing some outstanding minor issues with the simulation as well as adding minor tweaks to the core software offering.

ACC Middle.jpg

v1.7.5 changelog

GRAPHICS:

• Over-car labels: removed contact shadow and reflection influence and added lighting-dependent dimmer.
  • Tweaks to night brightness, volumetric fog and wet material properties of new British tracks.
PHYSICS:
  • Improved implementation of aerodynamic added mass effect.
UI:
  • Added active BOP group indicator on garage screen.

Original Source; Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
It's still in beta and should be finished around patch 3.0. you can buy it if you wish, as long as you have a super computer to run it on.

You may want to use VR but unless you want the OMG is it blurry or am I getting cataracts moment give that a miss.

Honestly it's a one trick pony which without something other than the flux capacitor which is apparently "complicated" won't last much longer.

Great game, frustrating as hell, and I'd rather have some new cars than the flux capacitor because that's clearly too complicated.

Last edited:
It's still in beta and should be finished around patch 3.0. you can buy it if you wish, as long as you have a super computer to run it on.

You may want to use VR but unless you want the OMG is it blurry or am I getting cataracts moment give that a miss.

Honestly it's a one trick pony which without something other than the flux capacitor which is apparently "complicated" won't last much longer.

Great game, frustrating as hell, and I'd rather have some new cars than the flux capacitor because that's clearly too complicated.
What are you talking about..?

I've been considering purchasing this game in future, but I have to say I've noticed all these hotfixes. Is the game stable? Is it good? What's going on with these patches?
It is stable, it is very good and getting better, it looks very very good, you need a very decent computer to see it perform at its best.
And if you like single player or racing the AI..............marmite ;)
The ai is very decent now compared to a few months ago, very very decent!
Small bug fixes to the last major patch.

Last edited:
I have a decent computer but certainly not anything great (1080Ti etc). It runs at near maxed out extremely well and is by far my favorite sim. Took me a while to get FFB dialled in, but it's terrific when you do. Of course, it's limited to GT racing so if that's not your bag, then move on..

Last edited:
Thank you for the answers fellas. I would probably do a lot of practice laps and possibly race online with the RD community. I just wondered if it was worth it. I use a single monitor @ 4k but downscales to 1080 pretty well, so I can do that. Appreciate the responses.

There is room for improvement but comparision to modded AC is kind of pointless. ACC is not AC sequel.

My point was on the quality of rain effect. One side you got a powerfull engine with a full team VS an older engine with a modder... I don't see how the argument is pointless. Room for improvement? no... it needs a total overhaul because right now the rain effect is awefull.

Well In all honesty after 1200 hours I'm going to give it a miss for a while.

It feels like driving an ice, I've lost total confidence in the car, all my times are 1-2 seconds down.

People still pulling out 1.46 at Monza, best I managed before the updates was 1.48.2. now I'm constantly stuck at 1.50.

I used to finish top 10 in most races which I'm happy with but now I'm down the back of the pack.

I've looked at league racing but I want to race every night, anyone got any options for this?

Last edited:
I live in hope for the update that reads

"All tracks and cars optimised, can run on computers regular people can afford now"

;)
You're way open there. ;)
ACC even runs on PS4 as you might know.
The question is which performance do you expect on which system. I've ran ACC on a GTX1070 and 49" ultrawide for quite a time until upgrading with good results. :whistling:

My point was on the quality of rain effect. One side you got a powerfull engine with a full team VS an older engine with a modder... I don't see how the argument is pointless. Room for improvement? no... it needs a total overhaul because right now the rain effect is awefull.
easier said than done though. completely different engine. From what I can see developing for UE4 was a difficult task for Kunos over the years, performance wise the game took quite some time to get really good.

What is the problem with patches?, would you rather a game full of bugs but not patches, or a game that patches almost weekly every single issue?. Also, the game isn't glitchy or unstable. Why you equate it to a beta?. The sim don't crashes unlike for example a very well loved and respected rfactor 2 does. So if it is fine for rfactor2 then ACC should be also ok because it doesn't crash to desktop nor is more glitchy than other sims.

The VR point is factually true, we all know it, UE4 is trash to VR. It's never going to be good becuse of the graphics engine itself, for that reason VR wasn't included in ACC since the very beginning.

It was only after the VR users started to invade the forums being a pain in the ass with the no vr no buy drivel that the devs implemented it in an unsuitable graphics engine to VR just to appeace them. VR is never going to work fine in ACC until hardware improves quite a lot, deal with it, or go to UE forums and demand to the right devs to improve their graphics engine for VR.

But asking kunos to do that work is absurd: VR users are as of today just 2.21% of all steam users, source: Steam February 2021 hardware and sofware survey. You guys make quite a lot of noise, but in reality very few sim copies are sold to people that really have VR devices. Kunos can't put 15 programmers to totally rewrite the entire UE4 for more than a year without doing any other work on the sim just to please the 2.21% of their users. Who is going to pay their salaries in a full year without dlcs nor patches?.

In their next simulator you can bet your soul that they are going to pick a more suitable graphics engine since the very beginning, but now they can't afford it with such a small dev team. There's never going to exist a performance patch that magically will improve graphics performance a 30 or 40%, that's the reality.

The thing about adding new cars to the official sim from a single championship like SRO is like asking codemasters to add dragsters, rally cars, nascar cars and nordschleiffe to the F1 game because you get tired of driving the same F1 cars and the trackset get's repetitive and boring after a while. They are tied by legal contracts, they can't. In any case just ask to the mod scene why they haven't realeased a single track nor car mods when every single simracing game since grand prix 2 has had at least some kind of mod.

The rambling about flux capacitors, frustrations and complications makes me confuse, I really don't understand what point you are trying to come across, please clarify what it is about in a more straightforward way. The sim isn't a 80's movie nor can time travel past 88mph, and I don't kow what it is what you find so frustrating and complicated. Frustrating and complicated was cart precission racing, ACC isn't any more complicated or frustrating than rfactor2 just to put an example.

What is the problem with patches?, would you rather a game full of bugs but not patches, or a game that patches almost weekly every single issue?. Also, the game isn't glitchy or unstable. Why you equate it to a beta?. The sim don't crashes unlike for example a very well loved and respected rfactor 2 does. So if it is fine for rfactor2 then ACC should be also ok because it doesn't crash to desktop nor is more glitchy than other sims.

I'm happy with the patches when there worth patching and noticeable, do we really need to change the way the drivers names are displayed?

The VR point is factually true, we all know it, UE4 is trash to VR. It's never going to be good becuse of the graphics engine itself, for that reason VR wasn't included in ACC since the very beginning.

Works great on Kartkraft......UE4

It was only after the VR users started to invade the forums being a pain in the ass with the no vr no buy drivel that the devs implemented it in an unsuitable graphics engine to VR just to appeace them. VR is never going to work fine in ACC until hardware improves quite a lot, deal with it, or go to UE forums and demand to the right devs to improve their graphics engine for VR.

But asking kunos to do that work is absurd: VR users are as of today just 2.21% of all steam users, source: Steam February 2021 hardware and sofware survey. You guys make quite a lot of noise, but in reality very few sim copies are sold to people that really have VR devices. Kunos can't put 15 programmers to totally rewrite the entire UE4 for more than a year without doing any other work on the sim just to please the 2.21% of their users. Who is going to pay their salaries in a full year without dlcs nor patches?

Should of tested it and said it's not possible, then they wouldn't of missed the 2% of sales instead of wasting time implemting it and leaving it to run like it does.

In their next simulator you can bet your soul that they are going to pick a more suitable graphics engine since the very beginning, but now they can't afford it with such a small dev team. There's never going to exist a performance patch that magically will improve graphics performance a 30 or 40%, that's the reality.

The thing about adding new cars to the official sim from a single championship like SRO is like asking codemasters to add dragsters, rally cars, nascar cars and nordschleiffe to the F1 game because you get tired of driving the same F1 cars and the trackset get's repetitive and boring after a while. They are tied by legal contracts, they can't. In any case just ask to the mod scene why they haven't realeased a single track nor car mods when every single simracing game since grand prix 2 has had at least some kind of mod. No

Isn't there an American GT3 with GT3 Cars?

The rambling about flux capacitors, frustrations and complications makes me confuse, I really don't understand what point you are trying to come across, please clarify what it is about in a more straightforward way. The sim isn't a 80's movie nor can time travel past 88mph, and I don't kow what it is what you find so frustrating and complicated. Frustrating and complicated was cart precission racing, ACC isn't any more complicated or frustrating than rfactor2 just to put an example.

It's s joke....it's complicated

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back