Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos strikes again! Another hotfix update for ACC has been released yesterday - the fourth such update since the Italian studio deployed the big 1.7 update of the simulation.

Yup, busy days apparently at Kunos Simulazioni HQ in recent weeks with the fourth ACC hotfix update of recent days having dropped today, adding yet further tweaks and refinements to the title following the release of the recent British GT Pack DLC.

ACC Header.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.7.4 Update Notes:

PHYSICS:

• Fixed a tyre allocation error in certain 2020 BOP groups.
  • Tweaks to the heat and camber thrust sensitivity of the wet tyre compound.
  • Fixed total fuel ignoring BOP fuel cell limits when refuelling on non-empty tank.
  • Added shared memory items for track grip status, rain level and forecast.
  • The status enumerators represent stages (and not exact values), and correspond with the UI widget icons and readouts.
  • The old quantified surfaceGrip item is now null and obsolete.
  • More information in the Shared Memory documentation.
GAMEPLAY:
  • AI now make strategic decisions in FP sessions too.
  • Fixed an error with AI pit time calculation with unscheduled pitstops.
  • FP session length maximized at 60 minutes in Championship mode to be consistent with regular SP.
  • Fixed all marshals waving checkered flag at Donington.
  • Widget formation: row offset increase to remove potential advantage of outside lane on certain racetracks.
UI:
  • Server list: corrected "no mid-race join" indicator - requires upcoming server update to be fully functional.
  • HUD: weather widget visible even when viewing opponents.
  • HUD: weather widget permanently visible on TAB leaderboard page.
  • HUD: fuel selector in pitstop MFD page now has a slower acceleration through values when left/right held down.
  • HUD options page: the margin selectors now accelerate faster through values when left/right held down.

Original Source: Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC hotfix Footer.jpg

Last edited:
how ru guys all loving ACC so much?? I mean it is UNPLAYABLE in VR ! I had to switch back to the original AC and will not go to ACC until the VR is as enjoyable.
(and i have a decent pc, running a RTX 3070 on a Ryzen-9 5950x, so it must be the game that isn't making proper use of the hardware)
I havent tried in a while, now with this new update will try again... but there is no mention of VR improvements , so I don't hold my breath!

I could look into how I have it setup but it actually plays perfectly fine in VR for me. The only real complaint I have is that you can see these 'trails' behind cars when passing a car and you look at that cars rear. I don't know how else to describe it but it doesn't really bother me so I consider this complaint very minor and the sim plays well. ACC is actually becoming my most played sim, in VR always.

There are a couple settings in the game itself that help it run better in VR or at least look better in VR that aren't set that way by default. I could figure out what they are for you if you want.

For your info, the specs of my aging pc;
I7 3770k @3.5ghz
16gb ddr3 ram at 1600mhz
MSI 1080 ti (dual fan version)
Oculus Rift CV1
OS is on a samsung ssd, all simulators run on their own ssd.

Edited to add headset

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 379375

I could look into how I have it setup but it actually plays perfectly fine in VR for me. The only real complaint I have is that you can see these 'trails' behind cars when passing a car and you look at that cars rear. I don't know how else to describe it but it doesn't really bother me so I consider this complaint very minor and the sim plays well. ACC is actually becoming my most played sim, in VR always.

There are a couple settings in the game itself that help it run better in VR or at least look better in VR that aren't set that way by default. I could figure out what they are for you if you want.

For your info, the specs of my aging pc;
I7 3770k @3.5ghz
16gb ddr3 ram at 1600mhz
MSI 1080 ti (dual fan version)
Oculus Rift CV1
OS is on a samsung ssd, all simulators run on their own ssd.

Edited to add headset
I have a similarly modest PC , 1080 not ti and a Vive. Its fine for me.

I always drive ACC in VR, it is not perfect but I like it a lot, I have a 1080ti and CV1.
The cockpit are amazing, the track view could be sharper but it looks very realistic.
I would drive ACC more often if it had more diverse content, VR is not the limiting factor for me.

how ru guys all loving ACC so much?? I mean it is UNPLAYABLE in VR ! I had to switch back to the original AC and will not go to ACC until the VR is as enjoyable.
(and i have a decent pc, running a RTX 3070 on a Ryzen-9 5950x, so it must be the game that isn't making proper use of the hardware)
I havent tried in a while, now with this new update will try again... but there is no mention of VR improvements , so I don't hold my breath!
Probably because we ............................uh...............................don't use.....................................VR ?

I use to think that the VR was terrible too and turned it off within a few mins.

That wheel setting video posted a few pages back changed the ffb for me so much I decided to try work on getting the vr better.
I was originally running Andrew_Wot's 60hrz in.file but just didn't have enough gpu grunt to run his settings so I started over.

I've set the hrz from 90 to 60hrz in the windows mix reality portal as I was sick of not always achieving 90hrz and accepted it's due to the gpu but refuse to pay the current pricing.

After some fiddling I've greatly improved the picture and can say it's on par with my other sims and actually looks really clear with a Solid 60fps in every situation, 20 visable ai and mirrors at 100m,
High texture, high material, high view distance, high temporal AA pretty much everything else at low, pixel density at 150 and sharpening at 200%.
Race start from the back I use about low 80% gpu usage, during the race Iam between 55-65% usage.

The biggest improvement for me was switching from the aces to default setting.
Aces on my headset made the colours horribly washed out, blurry and the shadows more noticeable when they popped in.
The only issue I haven't solved yet and mentioned by others a few posts up is the weird distorted image from the back bumper to ground that trails behind the car.

Really enjoying the game now and I don't even follow GT3 racing much.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

The only issue I haven't solved yet and mentioned by others a few posts up is the weird distorted image from the back bumper to ground that trails behind the car.
Pretty sure Temporal AA on Epic should help with that.

Also, do you still have this in your engine.ini
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2
r.TemporalAASamples=4

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 963434

FFB is poor upon recent playtime IMO, compared to their previous game its not even close.

IMO its well down the league of FFB.
thats the strange thing wit all simracers in my opinion. they used so much to old AC ffb and for me its weird forces, cars floating like boats or wheels shaking and oscillating. ACC has much better ffb than AC, its more natural and realistic, it even centers better in AC you let off wheel at 120 km/h and car goes like crazy in ACC i can let off wheel or even push it slightly to one side and it centers at above 180 km/h
but not only this in ACC you feel good vibrations when understeering, in AC to have it you must increase "slide effect" but then wheel vibrates at every slide even if it only rear tyres sliding xD
simracers so used to older sims weird ffbs they complain when something good comes out. they tell raceroom arcadeish ffb and i tell its even better than ACC ffb

ACC hotfix 1.7.5 is out now on Steam, refresh your client in order to get the update.

- Tweaks to night brightness, volumetric fog and wet material properties of new British tracks.

PHYSICS:
- Improved implementation of aerodynamic added mass effect. (It's complicated).

UI:
- Added active BOP group indicator on garage screen.

they used so much to old AC ffb and for me its weird forces, cars floating like boats or wheels shaking and oscillating.

If this how AC FFB feels for you, you might want to invest some time adjusting your settings.
I can understand any one preferring another sim FFB rather than AC FFB, but AC FFB is very decent.
For me with my settings I have none of the “cars floating like boats or wheels shaking and oscillating”
That said, I have developed quite an appreciation for how FFB feels in ACC and the more I drive it the more I like it.

Last edited:
If this how AC FFB feels for you, you might want to invest some time adjusting your settings.
I can understand any one preferring another sim FFB rather than AC FFB, but AC FFB is very decent.
For me with my settings I have none of the “cars floating like boats or wheels shaking and oscillating”
That said, I have developed quite an appreciation for how FFB feels in ACC and the more I drive it the more I like it.
Having set up my brake pedal correctly but it's always difficult to feel some forces of the tyres when I brake in my TS-PC racer. I'm not convinced by the feeling I have, I can jump from AC to RF2 without struggles, it's not the case with ACC (unfortunatly).

[QUOTE = "Wolfzz, publicación: 3350286, miembro: 1099"]
¿Funcionará bien en mi Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer?
Gracias
[/CITA]
Para los paketes no funciona bien no

Mod Translated:

For the packages it does not work well no

-- English only please-

Last edited by a moderator:

I just discovered VR and I also love ACC for the handling, sound, track quality, the usuable builtin car setups, nice UI, and amazing AI. But the VR experience is just so much worse than in original AC.

How do you guys get an acceptable experience with lower spec pc's? Just like edwinjacobs, I have an RTX 3070, paired with a weaker but still pretty powerful Ryzen 5600X, 16GB of 3600MHz CL17 RAM. I am using the old HP Reverb (G1), and in free practice I can get decent visuals, with no AA, pixel-density at 130%, materials, textures, view distance high, and the rest at low. But in a race against AI, even at lowest settings, pixel density at 100% and 12 opponents I get dropped frames every 2 seconds (which feels just horrible), even though the rest of the frames have render times of about 6ms, which is way below the required 11ms. When upping the settings against AI reprojection starts to kick in, pointing to a GPU bottle neck (blue square). Occasionally reprojection due to CPU bottlenecking (cyan square) also kicks in. But still, reprojection kicking in isn't as bad, as this constant 2s interval stutter caused by dropped frames.

Assetto Corsa with CSP and SOL 2.0 on the other hand, just runs beautifully. Settings pretty much maxed out (only lowered effects resolution a bit - I don't quite understand those since they do not appear in the standard UI). A full AI grid with 36 cars simply locked at 90FPS, no stutters or reprojection. If those AI, vehicle sounds and handling/default setups were up to par with ACC ones, it would be the perfect game.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%