Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos strikes again! Another hotfix update for ACC has been released yesterday - the fourth such update since the Italian studio deployed the big 1.7 update of the simulation.

Yup, busy days apparently at Kunos Simulazioni HQ in recent weeks with the fourth ACC hotfix update of recent days having dropped today, adding yet further tweaks and refinements to the title following the release of the recent British GT Pack DLC.

ACC Header.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.7.4 Update Notes:

PHYSICS:

• Fixed a tyre allocation error in certain 2020 BOP groups.
  • Tweaks to the heat and camber thrust sensitivity of the wet tyre compound.
  • Fixed total fuel ignoring BOP fuel cell limits when refuelling on non-empty tank.
  • Added shared memory items for track grip status, rain level and forecast.
  • The status enumerators represent stages (and not exact values), and correspond with the UI widget icons and readouts.
  • The old quantified surfaceGrip item is now null and obsolete.
  • More information in the Shared Memory documentation.
GAMEPLAY:
  • AI now make strategic decisions in FP sessions too.
  • Fixed an error with AI pit time calculation with unscheduled pitstops.
  • FP session length maximized at 60 minutes in Championship mode to be consistent with regular SP.
  • Fixed all marshals waving checkered flag at Donington.
  • Widget formation: row offset increase to remove potential advantage of outside lane on certain racetracks.
UI:
  • Server list: corrected "no mid-race join" indicator - requires upcoming server update to be fully functional.
  • HUD: weather widget visible even when viewing opponents.
  • HUD: weather widget permanently visible on TAB leaderboard page.
  • HUD: fuel selector in pitstop MFD page now has a slower acceleration through values when left/right held down.
  • HUD options page: the margin selectors now accelerate faster through values when left/right held down.

Original Source: Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC hotfix Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the rest of the sim is absolutely superb, its so good, but the ffb (imo) just lets it down, wish it was like the first AC, would be near perfect package then (needs better damage too though in fact).

I would have top 4 ffb as...

RF2
AC
AMS2
ACC
I think you can apply the LUT file for ACC the very same you did for AC, maybe that would help you.

FFB is poor upon recent playtime IMO, compared to their previous game its not even close.
Considering that KUNOS collected actual real data from GT3 cars I would just assume that the FFB is just right the way it is. Anyway it improved alongside the physics engine: it went way better after the 5-point tyre model and slightly better after the chassis-flex thing.

FFB is poor upon recent playtime IMO, compared to their previous game its not even close.

IMO its well down the league of FFB.
I totally agree, the feeling of the grip and breaking is not as good as RF2 or AC. All the sim is great excepted this critical point (for me). Every time I play, I'm frustrated.
You can have all the real datas you want, if it's not use correctly in your model even a complicated model, the result won't be the best.
ACC Tyre model is probably good on his own but the way it comes in the ffb does not feel as good as it could be.
If someone has some tweaks for a TS-PC Racer, I would be happy to try it.

Since 1.7, dedicated servers running on Linux do not timeout disconnected users

Minolin

So first: we do not support any operating system outside MS Windows. If you try to run the server on other systems and/or on emulated APIs, this is a problem. I'd be fine with that if it would only affect yourselve, like running private league servers on Linux/WINE.. But in the end most of those servers are accessible to the public, and users just can't tell why the timing is wrong and the netcode looks bad. Or even sit on a lobby list that is full of phantom servers.

What happened here is that we found a big improvement for the ACC server, though that was quite some effort. Using better code that turns off collisions on the client in certain cases, we could be less aggressive disconnecting users - which removes 95% of the random disconnects (that are caused by paket loss on the UDP channel). However it turns out that this causes an issue on non-supported platforms, where the TCP part has a different behaviour.
With the latest server version 1.7.4 (download here), we've added a property to the setting.json where you can disable this improvement - find ignorePrematureDisconnects in the server handbook.

Please take a moment and realize that this isn't a good idea. To keep compatibility, we're offering a way to make the experience worse again - for the users on your server. Also, we do have 2300-2600 servers online any time.. That is more than users in MP any time. Even if everybody sits on his own server, we will have empty servers available. ACC isn't AC1 where a server config defines car slots and liveries, and there's thousands of content mods available. In ACC, it's about "what track, what session length and a bit of weather flavor". I'm pretty confident that too few server options is not our problem in ACC, on PC.

ZOMBIES ARE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THX KUNOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree, the feeling of the grip and breaking is not as good as RF2 or AC. All the sim is great excepted this critical point (for me). Every time I play, I'm frustrated.
You can have all the real datas you want, if it's not use correctly in your model even a complicated model, the result won't be the best.
ACC Tyre model is probably good on his own but the way it comes in the ffb does not feel as good as it could be.
If someone has some tweaks for a TS-PC Racer, I would be happy to try it.

Me Too as I also have a TS-PC Racer

IMO its well down the league of FFB.
It would probably help others if you would list what equipment you are using in addition to a definition of "poor". I think a lot of pissing contests on the forum starts when someone states that something about a game doesn't work for them without stating specifics about equipment and settings. This causes the "Defenders of the Realm" have to get their swords and charge. :whistling:

Last edited:
I actually solved all my FFB issues in ACC by reducing the dynamic damping, as my old T500RS would not be able to "read" all the FFB inputs with high levels of dynamic damping. After doing that, the FFB feels mighty fine.

I have to say that now when I go back to AC for some road cars I have the feeling that the FFB in AC is overdone, along with trail braking. The understeer effect on the wheel to me feels now a bit exaggerated, and in AC a simple tap of the brake will make the nose of the car point in the right direction, which is a lot of fun of course but.. I start to suspect that it is exaggerated too. My opinion is that physics and FFB in ACC are superior to AC.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 211 14.3%