Assetto Corsa Competizione | 505 Games Address Console Release Issues

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
505 Games have today released a useful community post about various issues and clarifications surrounding the console release of Assetto Corsa Competizione.

As the official simulation of the SRO GT World Challenge Europe, Assetto Corsa Competizione has gathered plenty of fans during its short development life on PC, and just a few days ago the console community have had their first experience of this racing title on Xbox One and PS4.

It is probably fair to say the console release hasn't been quite as plain sailing as the studio would have liked, and with a few issues having already been acknowledged and worked on by the team responsible for porting the simulation to Xbox One and PS4, 505 games have released a useful Q&A style update on the launch and next steps:

INTERCONTINENTAL DT PACK DLC CODES
As mentioned in our recent FAQ guide, Xbox pre-orders (both digital and boxed versions)* get the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC for free. Codes for the DLC pack (for those who picked up the boxed version of ACC) are distributed via the retailer, not 505 Games. If your retailer offered you the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC at the point of pre-order, please reach out to them if you still haven’t received your code.

WHEEL COMPATIBILITY
Definitely a hot topic. Our dev team are looking into this as a priority, with wheel manufacturers. We know there are issues that need ironing out and we’re investigating on our side. Rest assured, we see you and we hear you. No additional info right now as these things don’t get sorted instantly, but we will let you know when we have more details to share. We’re sorry some of you are experiencing issues and we want to thank those who have submitted reports full of useful info for our team. It helps a great deal!

Oh… Just to add, if you report issues to our team around wheels, please ensure that your wheel’s firmware is up to date first.

FPS AND PERFORMANCE
We’ve seen a number of reports come through around performance issues and FPS drops, particularly with PS4 Pro and Xbox One X systems. Again, this is something our team are fully aware of and are looking into.

LIVERY EDITOR
A number of users reported issues with the livery editor and thankfully this was a quick fix for our team. In the very near future, ACC players can expect a hotfix that addresses this. This will launch firstly in EU, then in NA. Once we’re out of submission, we can then provide you with a launch date. Stay tuned!

MULTIPLAYER
Again, something we’re taking a deep dive into, as we’re very aware some of you had problems within multiplayer, especially on day 1. Rest assured, we’re not ignoring the problem. Behind the scenes, the team are looking server side into what might have caused these crashes.

PRIVATE LOBBIES
As mentioned earlier this week, private lobbies are coming to the console edition of ACC. No exact launch date to share just yet, but know that they’re coming. (And hopefully much sooner than you think!) As soon as we a launch date, we will communicate this. What we can tell you though is we’re looking to support 20 players in private lobbies.

TO BE CONTINUED…
As frustrating as it is that we cannot provide concrete dates right now as to when the above will be fixed, (it’s just not possible at the time of writing) please know that we are doing all we can to ensure normal racing can resume as soon as possible, for those experiencing issues. The team are working absolutely flat out behind the scenes, rest assured.

Looking forward, we have a lot of exciting content in the pipeline coming up! The GT4 pack for example, featuring 10+ cars, is scheduled to launch on PS4 and Xbox One this fall. We think our sim racers are going to love what the DLC pack has within it, so keep an eye on our social channels for announcements and unveils. We can’t wait to tell you more about that.

Finally, to round things off for today, we’d like to take this opportunity to thank those who have taken the time to provide us with constructive criticism, helped us help you in providing invaluable info and for taking the time to share your content, screenshots and kind messages. We’re so grateful and fortunate to have such a passionate community.

As soon as I have more information from the team such as fixes, dates, times etc, I will let you know! As mentioned, we’re doing all we can to try and fix these issues behind the scenes. In the meantime, #beACC

Original Source: 505 Games.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Got questions? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC Console.jpg

My impression is that true big issues are framerate drops and consoles overheating while browsing the game menu, and the accusation to them is that they knew about the issues and did not address them before release.

On the official Kunos forum, though, I see people stating that they solved the frame drops issue by clearing the cache and rebuilding the database on their console:

The wheel issues are probably more easily fixable. Still, it's a racing sim, it's rather unbelievable this was not thoroughly tested.

Private multiplayer lobbies were announced before release so it's useless to complain about those, you knew they were not there when you bought the game.

Having said that, people who use consoles are not necessarily tech-savy and one should be prepared. Apparently they weren't.

Last edited:
Fair review from Eurogamer here. Martin is one of the few mainstream journalists who actively plays racing games so I trust his balanced opinion. Vroom for improvement is the right tagline. Like many of us, he rightly praises the best parts of ACC but as he says:

"Out of the box, Assetto Corsa Competizione is - to borrow a motor racing term - a shitbox."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...view-the-full-sim-experience-comes-to-console

It is disappointing that AAC seems to be too much to handle for present generation weak console, but, to me, it would have been a surprise not to be an issue.
Too bad it will prevent so many consoles users to enjoy a state of the art simulator, particularly since console do not have access to the usual suspect available on PC, except for AC.

I made the move to master race PC simulators, a long time ago, NetPak was the SIM that did it for me, I am glad I did and never looked back, if ACC is the glimpse of greatness that bulging SIM enthusiast need to take the step up, then it might be a good thing after all.
The master race could use a little bit more peasants.

Last edited:
I rarely put a disclaimer on my comments, but I would just like to let you know that I don't have a console and haven't tried the console version. However I did suggest ACC to one of my less tech savvy friends, who has a PS4 (pro), where he mostly plays F1, NHL and various indie titles, but he was very disappointed with the performance and I had to apologize - first and last time I ever suggested a Kunos game for a pleb.

I always was under the vague impression that developing for consoles was always easier then devoloping for PC since you're working with a fixed hardware platform.
It probably is but not when you take it from PC first and not when you have a publisher who forces you to release your title before its done. 505 and many others push developers to release on certain dates. This seems to have been a disaster.

I rarely put a disclaimer on my comments, but I would just like to let you know that I don't have a console and haven't tried the console version. However I did suggest ACC to one of my less tech savvy friends, who has a PS4 (pro), where he mostly plays F1, NHL and various indie titles, but he was very disappointed with the performance and I had to apologize - first and last time I ever suggested a Kunos game for a pleb.
Its not the whole world, and why would you apologize for something you didnt know/wasnt your fault? Lets see if they get it fixed He might be super happy soon. :)

Here's my opinion of the game as a console only player. ACC is my most wanted game on console since it's announcement for PC. I had a chance to play the demo at 24H of Spa in 2018 and I really enjoyed it. Luckily, I could try it out on a friend's pc but I only put in maybe 2 hours max.

Anyways, I never really expected to be release on the current generation of consoles but rather on next gen. It was obvious to me that if they did release on current gen they'd have to make sacrifices. Nobody wants sacrifices but that's the reality of the situation. I'm glad they prioritized physics and sounds over framerate and graphics because those are what makes ACC great and what made me really want the game in the first place, along with the fact that it's the official GTWC game. The only other series I'd want a game for as much as GTWC would be IMSA.

So they had to cut the frame rate to 30 fps and it's noticeable. But it is playable. Once I'm really in and focusing on the driving I barely notice. I haven't got my wheel completely dialed in but it works. But the main thing is I'm having fun. I feel like I'm in a GT3 car and that's what I wanted. The game has issues and glitches but it's playable and I'm enjoying myself. For me, ACC with issues is better than no ACC at all. That's my take. I do hope they improve it with time and I hope it's released on or updated for PS5. But until then I'll keep in driving.

The multiplayer issues have plagued the PC version for a long time, Driver profile rating and stats not loading or recording, lap times not recording. It is really not surprising that the consols are having similar issues we have had for a long time that still have not been addressed.

I knew it... when my 8700K and 1080 Ti always struggled with this game compared to other sims (thanks to the brilliant visuals compared to other sims, but also thanks to Unreal 4)... what chances there ever was for the ancient console hardware to run this at acceptable performance?

The other issues are just sloppiness, would have thought they get it together better after disastrous AC1 console launch. Now they are cementing a reputation as untrustworthy company among console users, instead of using ACC to redeem themselves.

On PC it's whole different story of course, ACC is very solid on PC right now. But you still need a beefy machine. I always thought the console release would be only for the PS5 and XSX, and it should have been

AFAIK this was outsourced though, so Kunos didn't even make the conversion? But it has their name on it

Another truthful review here from IGN, it's worth watching the video from 4.05 to see the wheel connection issues which repeat at random intervals for no clear reason. No availability at all of the multiplayer servers is a problem I haven't seen before but maybe they have been taken down due to the console crashing issues?

Off the pace
https://www.ign.com/articles/assetto-corsa-competizione-review

505 games support continuing to deflect the problems and claim others are at fault continues to annoy console users too, for example:

Wrong advice, it isn't the firmware: As the 505 games and Kunos people are reading these forums it would be good if the support people would stop telling console player to update their wheel firmware to solve this intermittent problem - it isn't a firmware issue. Across a large group of players with Logi, TX and Fanatec wheels the wheels fail to connect at random intervals. The problem is with the game.

Failed DLC codes: referring console users back to retailers for failed DLC codes is ending in a circular tail chase. The retailers are saying contact 505 and vice versa.

Placebo performance fixes: 505 support are wasting everyone's time with advice such as resetting consoles to improve performance. None of this advice makes any long term gain. ACC makes all the consoles run red hot and when they are turned off for a while and back on it 'seems' as if the performance is better for a short time. Telling people to factory reset consoles for no reason is just plain wrong the performance issues are with the game and how it runs.

Our group of friends and wider console connections play a lot of racing games and the nightly moaning about these problems and frustration with ACC is growing.

I was just checking out the latest games in PS Store, and i can't seem to find ACC anymore.

Must have taken it down i suppose, because of the problems it has?

Edit: on my PS4 acc still shows in the store, but not when i checked the store with my pc.

Last edited:
Are there any people replying to this article that has actually played the console version? It would be interesting to hear real feedback.
Hey Billy, I'm a console player and to be honest I haven't experienced many issues as the claims that have been made. Sure there's bugs that need ironing out - but I think the £35 release price was a pretty big hint that things weren't quite right.
I'm on an x1x and the only issue I've faced so far is the wheel isn't recognised on start up and I have to unplug and plug back in the usb whilst the game is running.
No issues on frame drops - the 30 fps is noticeable but doesn't really spoil the immersion to be honest when you're up the tailpipe of the car in front.
Physics are pretty much the same as the pc version - excellent as this was my biggest worry.
Graphically it's not so bad.
The set up and all other menus are similar to the pc - no fine tuning of the wheel but not really a deal breaker.
I think most of the saltiness comes from ( I mean no disrespect here) players of GTS and Forza racers. They've had a bit of a rude awakening in terms of driving a real sim model. Some of those guys are also pad players and although the game has tried to include pad gamers it was always gonna be a wheel sim.
I've played ACC, iRacing, RFactor et al and they will always be better on a pc but to be honest I think the console release isn't as bad as what's being made out. It's just the console players are not as tolerant as pc players and don't have the patience to await a fix. Sure in a perfect world all games would be perfect on release but we all know they rarely are.
I'll be sticking with ACC as I'm totally loving it. I'm hoping there'll be some next gen patches for when I get my series X so fingers crossed there - hopefully the FPS will be increased :)

I was just checking out the latest games in PS Store, and i can't seem to find ACC anymore.

Must have taken it down i suppose, because of the problems it has?

Edit: on my PS4 acc still shows in the store, but not when i checked the store with my pc.

The Launch Bundle is still showing via iPad App, it hasn’t been taken down.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%