Assetto Corsa Competizione | 505 Games Address Console Release Issues

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
505 Games have today released a useful community post about various issues and clarifications surrounding the console release of Assetto Corsa Competizione.

As the official simulation of the SRO GT World Challenge Europe, Assetto Corsa Competizione has gathered plenty of fans during its short development life on PC, and just a few days ago the console community have had their first experience of this racing title on Xbox One and PS4.

It is probably fair to say the console release hasn't been quite as plain sailing as the studio would have liked, and with a few issues having already been acknowledged and worked on by the team responsible for porting the simulation to Xbox One and PS4, 505 games have released a useful Q&A style update on the launch and next steps:

INTERCONTINENTAL DT PACK DLC CODES
As mentioned in our recent FAQ guide, Xbox pre-orders (both digital and boxed versions)* get the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC for free. Codes for the DLC pack (for those who picked up the boxed version of ACC) are distributed via the retailer, not 505 Games. If your retailer offered you the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC at the point of pre-order, please reach out to them if you still haven’t received your code.

WHEEL COMPATIBILITY
Definitely a hot topic. Our dev team are looking into this as a priority, with wheel manufacturers. We know there are issues that need ironing out and we’re investigating on our side. Rest assured, we see you and we hear you. No additional info right now as these things don’t get sorted instantly, but we will let you know when we have more details to share. We’re sorry some of you are experiencing issues and we want to thank those who have submitted reports full of useful info for our team. It helps a great deal!

Oh… Just to add, if you report issues to our team around wheels, please ensure that your wheel’s firmware is up to date first.

FPS AND PERFORMANCE
We’ve seen a number of reports come through around performance issues and FPS drops, particularly with PS4 Pro and Xbox One X systems. Again, this is something our team are fully aware of and are looking into.

LIVERY EDITOR
A number of users reported issues with the livery editor and thankfully this was a quick fix for our team. In the very near future, ACC players can expect a hotfix that addresses this. This will launch firstly in EU, then in NA. Once we’re out of submission, we can then provide you with a launch date. Stay tuned!

MULTIPLAYER
Again, something we’re taking a deep dive into, as we’re very aware some of you had problems within multiplayer, especially on day 1. Rest assured, we’re not ignoring the problem. Behind the scenes, the team are looking server side into what might have caused these crashes.

PRIVATE LOBBIES
As mentioned earlier this week, private lobbies are coming to the console edition of ACC. No exact launch date to share just yet, but know that they’re coming. (And hopefully much sooner than you think!) As soon as we a launch date, we will communicate this. What we can tell you though is we’re looking to support 20 players in private lobbies.

TO BE CONTINUED…
As frustrating as it is that we cannot provide concrete dates right now as to when the above will be fixed, (it’s just not possible at the time of writing) please know that we are doing all we can to ensure normal racing can resume as soon as possible, for those experiencing issues. The team are working absolutely flat out behind the scenes, rest assured.

Looking forward, we have a lot of exciting content in the pipeline coming up! The GT4 pack for example, featuring 10+ cars, is scheduled to launch on PS4 and Xbox One this fall. We think our sim racers are going to love what the DLC pack has within it, so keep an eye on our social channels for announcements and unveils. We can’t wait to tell you more about that.

Finally, to round things off for today, we’d like to take this opportunity to thank those who have taken the time to provide us with constructive criticism, helped us help you in providing invaluable info and for taking the time to share your content, screenshots and kind messages. We’re so grateful and fortunate to have such a passionate community.

As soon as I have more information from the team such as fixes, dates, times etc, I will let you know! As mentioned, we’re doing all we can to try and fix these issues behind the scenes. In the meantime, #beACC

Original Source: 505 Games.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Got questions? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC Console.jpg

Kunos studio is taking the same wrong path as some other really great studio as taken in the past.

The studio is created by a genius guy.

Then, after struglling many years to make a living out of it, licences impossible to pay, ...it has no other choice to sell it to some investment found or equivalent.

Then some of the magic disappears, because the investment found force the genius guy to follow a path with marketing on it (unreal 4, ray tracing, …. then console)
Then the Genius has to leave the boat and the investment found keeps on living under the name of the genius for some time. Of course console release is the first and only goal when they purchased the original studio. the content of the game is not really important, just the name of the genious guy.

My opinion is that Kunos simulazioni may not survive to the console "crisis". It may disappear, as a lot of fantastic studios before it.
Or, if they survive, they will have to do it another way the next time. It will never be the same again.
I may be totally wrong of course, which I really hope because I belong to the absolut Kunos simulazioni fans (and not 505 or anything else)

The second path could us see the genius guy coming out again of his lamp under a new name and with a brand new and totally independant project.
It may happen, or not.

You are right of course.
Kunos will not be dead because of this console launch.
Bug will be fixed and it will be probably a nice console game.
But every time it eats a little of the reputation, until it doesn't work anymore.

Console is a special thing.
The game has to be polished.
You will be compared with gran Turismo, F1 2020, or equivalent game. Nothing less.
It really doesn't care if the physics is fantastic, if the AI physic or shadows are calculated in real time, ….
It must be solid, it must be spectacular.

I really don't think that core simracers are on console.

ACC deserves to be launched on console, because it is such a nice game.

But it can NOT be the same game has the PC one. It just have to be a fantastic game on console. nobody really cares if it is a pure simulation.
Coding on console is probably another thing as on PC.
The best example is the F1 2... series, which are made first for console, and the PC player have to live with a UI limitation .
There is too much differences on the calculation power. It has to be said, and not let the customer think it will be the same, and then discover it is not.
It works only one time (at least for me ; I precise I only play on PC with ACC, but I have console for game such as FIFA, assassins creed, metal gear solid, ....)

Of course, good luck to Kunos simulazioni.
I already wait for their next PC release !

This hasn't affected my personal opinion of Kunos, rather the porter devs (although they had an impossible job of shoe horning an elephant into a 80 litre box (a tad hyperbolic I know ;) )) and the publishers should get all the blame. It's just a shameless cash grab from the current gen consoles that are nowhere near powerfull enough to run ACC and do it justice. But sadly KS will suffer reputation wise from many, this will hurt, especially as ACs console life hasn't been stellar from what I've read 2 for 2.

I always was under the vague impression that developing for consoles was always easier then devoloping for PC since you're working with a fixed hardware platform.
I would imagine it can be both depending. The fixed hardware probably requires more work to get cutting edge stuff working within the limits of the console. But for things like testing it's probably easier because it's limited.

I would imagine it can be both depending. The fixed hardware probably requires more work to get cutting edge stuff working within the limits of the console. But for things like testing it's probably easier because it's limited.
Yeah that's fair, it's probably much easier if you work within the confines of the console first and then try to expand things for the PC rather then the other way around

Yeah that's fair, it's probably much easier if you work within the confines of the console first and then try to expand things for the PC rather then the other way around
I've seen my fair share of horrendous console ports too. I think the main problem is time and money. Just look how long Rockstar spends on a port, they're the only ones I know that get it absolutely right. But it takes what, 2 years?

I've seen my fair share of horrendous console ports too. I think the main problem is time and money. Just look how long Rockstar spends on a port, they're the only ones I know that get it absolutely right. But it takes what, 5 years?

No I disagree with you on that one.
The PC ports for the GTA 3s and GTA4 were known for being horrendous, GTA5 is the only one that's considered good, but that port was also a port of the game to the PS4 and Xbox One - which already have the x86 architecture to begin with. It only took "5 years" because it took 5 years for Rockstar to have an interest in making their game again for the PS4 and Xbox One,they didn't spend 5 years making the game work on PC.
The RDR2 port was a lot more recent, and the PC port is/was fraught with issues.

I am not a consolero, but the video reviews I have seen on YT were not all that bad as it is circulated elsewhere on the net. The core of the game is the same as on PC: physics.
Low res, low quality and fps cap were to be expected with old hardware.

Reading reviews on steam is kind of pointless because most only post there to vent immediately after a game release
It was always a bad idea to buy on EA or v1.0 release, because products are never finished on release. That is the way the game industry rolls, especially if publisher and original content creator are not the same company. If you (foolishly) expect otherwise, you will be disappointed.

I say give ACC on console a chance, they will iron out the probs. As I understood the console release is nowhere near a v1.4.4 as well (as on PC), more like 1.3

Just my 2 cents.

No I disagree with you on that one.
The PC ports for the GTA 3s and GTA4 were known for being horrendous, GTA5 is the only one that's considered good, but that port was also a port of the game to the PS4 and Xbox One - which already have the x86 architecture to begin with. It only took "5 years" because it took 5 years for Rockstar to have an interest in making their game again for the PS4 and Xbox One,they didn't spend 5 years making the game work on PC.
The RDR2 port was a lot more recent, and the PC port is/was fraught with issues.
I don't remember having issues with GTA 4 or 5, RDR2 worked great for me too. Which is the problem with Pc I guess, works great for one person and crap for another.

• Deleted member 205301

...no surprise that the console release meet some issues (the sim is already very demanding for a big-pc-gaming, so for a console it could not be better)...they'll fix that.
The important thing for me, is these issues could possibly delayed the GT4 pack (console release is something very important for money, so they have to put all their capacity to fix it, meanwhile the gt4 have to wait...)
@++

Kunos studio is taking the same wrong path as some other really great studio as taken in the past.

The studio is created by a genius guy.

Then, after struglling many years to make a living out of it, licences impossible to pay, ...it has no other choice to sell it to some investment found or equivalent.

Then some of the magic disappears, because the investment found force the genius guy to follow a path with marketing on it (unreal 4, ray tracing, …. then console)
Then the Genius has to leave the boat and the investment found keeps on living under the name of the genius for some time. Of course console release is the first and only goal when they purchased the original studio. the content of the game is not really important, just the name of the genious guy.

My opinion is that Kunos simulazioni may not survive to the console "crisis". It may disappear, as a lot of fantastic studios before it.
Or, if they survive, they will have to do it another way the next time. It will never be the same again.
I may be totally wrong of course, which I really hope because I belong to the absolut Kunos simulazioni fans (and not 505 or anything else)

The second path could us see the genius guy coming out again of his lamp under a new name and with a brand new and totally independant project.
It may happen, or not.

Projekt Cars 3:D

Hello

Some questions for You (already answered)

is this good? No, it is too early access for Beta testers
should this be bought? No, Beta version should always be free of charge
should i wait for PC3? Yes, of course, you don't even have to ask
should i wait for GTR3? Yes, of course, you don't even have to ask

The important thing for me, is these issues could possibly delayed the GT4 pack (console release is something very important for money, so they have to put all their capacity to fix it, meanwhile the gt4 have to wait...)
I don't see why this should be the case.
Kunos is on version 1.4.xy and the console release is version 1.3
The porting company already has to update to another version and fix the bugs. Nothing to do with kunos, they are only doing the pc version.

So as long as 505 don't plan to hold back the gt4 pack for PC to release it at the same time on PC and consoles, I don't think there will be any delays due to the console launch

Are there any people replying to this article that has actually played the console version? It would be interesting to hear real feedback.

I bought both the PS4 and Xbox One physical versions for the kids and we played the game on PS4 Pro, Xbox One S and X with Logi, TX and Fanatec wheels, rather than repeat it all here I'll share the link to the previous topic. The main issue is the framerate stuttering at random intervals (probably caused by console overheating) which makes the cars difficult to control, it's difficult to see that on YouTube due to the processing but Youtubers such as Random Callsign have spoken about how you have to drive around the input lag and framerate issues in streams. On your own monitor/TV it's obvious. Add the stuttering to strange input lag and difficult gamepad controls and it isn't any fun to play.

To be clear, ACC is an 8/10 game on PC - just let down by the outdated career and limited single player for me.

ACC on the consoles is a generous 4/10 - all the same game elements are there but the game is unplayable due to the stutter and lag, wheel connection problems and most wheel options are missing. Currently, the PS4 version runs better than Xbox.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 261 13.6%