Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC AMR V8 Vantage GT3.jpg

With the 2019 Blancpain GT Series free DLC close to release for Assetto Corsa Competizione, Kunos have teased a nice preview of the 2019 spec GT3 Aston Martin...

When Assetto Corsa Competizione first hit Steam Early Access earlier this year, developers Kunos Simulazioni announced their intention to add the 2019 Blancpain GT Series cars and circuits to the title as a free DLC download, and now it looks like those cars and tracks are getting very, very close to hitting the public build of the simulation.

Already confirming the much requested triple screen support is right around the corner, Kunos have again taken to social media to tease another aspect of the upcoming build - 2019 specification content! In this reveal from the new car set, we get our first look at the current specification AMR V8 Vantage GT3 machine... and yes, it is one heck of a pretty car!

Stay tuned for more info and previews when they become available...

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

The current Ferrari in the game is the latest one... Next season an F8 GT3, maybe...
Thanks, i thought the EVO version was GT3 and it will come to ACC but it seems the evo was GTE , my bad :D
It seems ferrari denied(it was yesterday i believe) building F8 racing spec(GTE), they said they will continue with 488 base and will think about it after WEC's new rules and homologations (2021). i believe they will continue with 488 in GT3 class too.

Thanks, i thought the EVO version was GT3 and it will come to ACC but it seems the evo was GTE , my bad :D
It seems ferrari denied(it was yesterday i believe) building F8 racing spec(GTE), they said they will continue with 488 base and will think about it after WEC's new rules and homologations (2021). i believe they will continue with 488 in GT3 class too.
There is a GT3 EVO version, but that's the one that's currently in the game already.
The non-evo version was the one from Assetto Corsa (1), it hasn't been released for ACC because it didn't compete in either 2018 or 2019 seasons.

There is a GT3 EVO version, but that's the one that's currently in the game already.
The non-evo version was the one from Assetto Corsa (1), it hasn't been released for ACC because it didn't compete in either 2018 or 2019 seasons.
So the evo one is competing in blancpain from 2018?
tbh i'm very happy with the current one, i was afraid to lose it to a new one lol

So the evo one is competing in blancpain from 2018?
tbh i'm very happy with the current one, i was afraid to lose it to a new one lol

I believe the only non evo versions are the ones racing in GT OPEN. All the Blancpain, ADAC, Intercontinental GT, World Challenge, IMSA, Blancpain Asia, Super GT300, models are EVOS.

The Aston Martin Vantage - and the F1 Mercedes team - use HWA engines, so why does it matter... :rolleyes: Or Alfa Romeo lol. Marketing has become just marketing for the sake of it.
This situation is an Aston Martin thing more than just an F1 thing. Aston Martin's CEO is taking an aggressive approach to getting the AM name lots of exposure and getting things done through partnerships with other companies. Their new generation road cars all use Mercedes-AMG engines, electronics, and infotainment, as does the GT3 version. The Valkyrie was designed with Red Bull, uses a Cosworth engine and Rimac hybrid system. Their Vantage DTM car and engine was built and developed by HWA

FWIW, I think you confused Mercedes HPP (which is owned by Mercedes and builds the F1 engines) with HWA, which is an independent company that is closely associated with Mercedes and has run their "factory" teams in DTM and now in Formula E but also does their own stuff (F3, F2, and Aston Martin DTM)

What are the other cars, besides the Porsche?
Uhm, depends if the McLaren 720S will be included in this DLC/update as well, including the McLaren it will be 7 cars still to come. The Aston Martin and the Audi as shown above, the Porsche, the Lamborghini has it's Evo version for 2019, so does the Honda. And then there is the Herbie-ish GT3 Cup MR, that took part in the 24 hours of Spa. Track is obviously Zandvoort.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%