Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC AMR V8 Vantage GT3.jpg

With the 2019 Blancpain GT Series free DLC close to release for Assetto Corsa Competizione, Kunos have teased a nice preview of the 2019 spec GT3 Aston Martin...

When Assetto Corsa Competizione first hit Steam Early Access earlier this year, developers Kunos Simulazioni announced their intention to add the 2019 Blancpain GT Series cars and circuits to the title as a free DLC download, and now it looks like those cars and tracks are getting very, very close to hitting the public build of the simulation.

Already confirming the much requested triple screen support is right around the corner, Kunos have again taken to social media to tease another aspect of the upcoming build - 2019 specification content! In this reveal from the new car set, we get our first look at the current specification AMR V8 Vantage GT3 machine... and yes, it is one heck of a pretty car!

Stay tuned for more info and previews when they become available...

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

btw its fair game if anyone wants to point out flaws in the model to me like I did to rF2's version a few months back. I did try to make sure it lived up to the things I was critiquing but you never know :roflmao:

From the first look at it, you are pretty safe xD First things I payed attention is that front end crease which is very characteristic, the headlights and how they are connected to the surrounding body, the body panel gaps, and how denders are curving in... looks very well.

But.... but..... I must see the rimblur in effect, despite other flaws, that one was driving me insane in rF2's model of their most exposed car of 2019.

Really can't wait for the new car. Looking forward to all the other content too. And triple screens?
I was on the fence about getting triples, mainly due to financial reasons, but now if my current TV dies then I think triples will be up for serious consideration now.

Does anyone know when the 2019 pack is due for release?

Really can't wait for the new car. Looking forward to all the other content too. And triple screens?
I was on the fence about getting triples, mainly due to financial reasons, but now if my current TV dies then I think triples will be up for serious consideration now.

Does anyone know when the 2019 pack is due for release?

In fact, as this counts with the new models, this is the 2019 season update. And I saw something on AC's Facebook page about incoming triple screen support.

..Does anyone know when the 2019 pack is due for release?
The post from Kunos says "soon" and as they are previewing 6 cars, one at a time, the release could as well be some time next week. I think I have read someone saying the 27 should be a possible deadline because of other announcements that imply so.
Six cars, new track, triple support and I am sure another big batch of fixes/improvements. All for free. This is kind of great.

EDIT: here the announcement for the McLaren Shadow e-sports event. For the ACC part they will be using a car that we do not have yet in ACC (so.. Kunos needs to release it first :D):
https://www.mclaren.com/racing/2019...ces-for-the-mclaren-shadow-project-announced/
And here is where it talks about the ACC event (27 October-7 November):
upload_2019-10-17_2-52-22.png

The schedule is rather tight, only 10 days to go..

Last edited:
For a game decried by its content, it is however one of the main in terms of news for 1 year and a half.

Lots of beautiful things are still coming, new roads, vehicles, people in the stands, tripple screen support, maybe mod, maybe RTX a day (with Nvidia Ampere Generation) and more.

I wanted to enter into the world of virtual car racing, it's this game that made me invest in hardware.

Thank you Kunos

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 196 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 380 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing