Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Hot on the heels of the big build 1.3 release of Assetto Corsa Competizione, two new hotfix updates addressing some of the issues from the latest update has been deployed to the sim.

Releasing yesterday (V1.3.1) and today (V1.3.2), the new hotfixes looks to pick up from the recent V1.3 update to Assetto Corsa Competizione, the official racing simulation of the GT World Challenge Europe, and comes complete with a few minor fixes and improvements to the simulation - although it must be noted that the controller menu exit crashing bug remains in the current build of the title.

Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.3.2 Update Notes
  • Cleared leftover pit strategies from all car preset setups.
  • All car preset setups tyreset is now set to the default set 1.
  • Updated race number generator when non-unique numbers are used.
  • Start procedure triggers revised for Mount Panorama.
  • Added lateral position indicator when delta speed is active in scripted formation.
  • Various minor livery updates.
  • Added option to disable the audio driver selection to use the default OS driver:
  • "enableAudioDriverSelection" in moduleenabler.json.
  • MP: Servers will let team members join as spectators, independently of the isRaceLocked state.
  • MP: Added server admin commands /sg10, /sg20, /sg30 and /clear_all (clears all penalties from all cars).
  • MP: Scripted formation reliability improvements.
  • MP: Fixed <no name> entries for a special configuration of entry lists.
  • MP: Server will now write .txt files into the "current" folder, which implies the logging purposes better.
  • NOTE: it is recommended to clear this folder.
  • MP: Renamed current/setting.json to current/settings.txt.
  • MP: Entrylist property defaultGridPosition is now 1-based, resulting in 1:1 grid positions (ie 1 is pole, 13 is really 13).
  • MP: Fixed an issue where defaultGridPosition would always start with position 2.
  • MP: Incremented the server version, please update the servers.
  • MP: Added server handbook version 7.
Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.3.1 Update Notes
  • Logging re-enabled.
  • First and full name now displayed in driver swap widget.
  • Fixed formation widget sticking when switching from a MP session to a SP one.
  • 50 slots for private MP at Kyalami.
  • Fixed scripted rolling start positions with random client disconnections.
  • More permissive threshold on lateral positions during scripted formation.
  • Penalties now clear on session restart.
  • Admin command added to clear all penalties ("clear_all").
  • Updated BMW M6 GT3 Mount Panorama aggressive setup.
  • Updated Bathurst-spec Bentley M-Sport liveries.

Original Source: ACC Steam Page

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now, exclusively for PC.

Got a question about the sim? Post a thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our awesome and knowledgeable community help you out!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the microstutters, I have noticed that this happened to me if I pause the game for a few minutes.

After pausing for 2 or 5 minutes and then coming back to the game I get stutters and it only goes awayif I exit the game and launch it again.

Haven’t tried with the latest patch but would like to know if this happens to anyone else...

Finally managed to try the game post the latest updates. It did improve quite a lot and the DLC tracks are nice. I still struggle with performance due to CPU, barely managing 60 fps with 15 AI cars.

And I also still had the horrendous input lag (already pretty bad with vsync off, even worse with vsync on) that always ruined ACC for me. It's also not constant, which in a way makes it even worse, because it can randomly get lower or higher. But I spent some more time testing stuff and eventually managed to make it fairly OK - not perfect, but OK. It seems that disabling fullscreen optimizations for the game and using fullscreen somehow helps here.

I generally don't even bother with disabling fullscreen optimizations, also because I run most things in borderless and not true fullscreen, but also because I never saw any difference. But I guess ACC is the exception here.

Regarding the microstutters, I have noticed that this happened to me if I pause the game for a few minutes.

After pausing for 2 or 5 minutes and then coming back to the game I get stutters and it only goes awayif I exit the game and launch it again.

Haven’t tried with the latest patch but would like to know if this happens to anyone else...
Hi yes this happens but I’ve had this issue before the patch.. it seems to happen when u open sessions and close down again ie when testing different cars etc u get that jittery effect I have to restart game to fix it.

Finally managed to try the game post the latest updates. It did improve quite a lot and the DLC tracks are nice. I still struggle with performance due to CPU, barely managing 60 fps with 15 AI cars.

And I also still had the horrendous input lag (already pretty bad with vsync off, even worse with vsync on) that always ruined ACC for me. It's also not constant, which in a way makes it even worse, because it can randomly get lower or higher. But I spent some more time testing stuff and eventually managed to make it fairly OK - not perfect, but OK. It seems that disabling fullscreen optimizations for the game and using fullscreen somehow helps here.

I generally don't even bother with disabling fullscreen optimizations, also because I run most things in borderless and not true fullscreen, but also because I never saw any difference. But I guess ACC is the exception here.

I don't I think have this input lag, or if I do it's not noticable...but I'm able to steer through tight lap 1 traffic and catch slides at a high rate of success, something I'd imagine wouldn't be possible with high input lag. V-sync is off for my setup. Of course I'm not saying that you're not experiencing these things, I'm just wondering what in your setup could be causing it.

Where do you find this fullscreen optimizations you speak of? Don't seem to recall seeing that anywhere.

As for performance, my setup running @ 5760 x 1080 with Triple Screen mode activated runs between 70 - 110 FPS in dry weather with a grid of 30 cars. Started on the Medium preset and set a few options to high or epic. Resolution scale at 110% but I'm still testing whether it's worth it or not. I can post screenshots of my settings later.

Noticed that only now: There are no blancpain-banners and advertisment anymore. And the title changed to "ACC - the official GT World Challenge Game". Perhaps happened already in the past but this let me dream of the entire GT World series :inlove:

I’ll be honest; I kinda miss the Blancpain track dressing. The “GT” logos that take their place - while probably accurate - look too generic and make the sim look like other, non-licensed games. Just seems like a step backward, although I understand the reasons for it.

Finally managed to try the game post the latest updates. It did improve quite a lot and the DLC tracks are nice. I still struggle with performance due to CPU, barely managing 60 fps with 15 AI cars......
I'm also being CPU bottle necked and can't run 60fps constantly, I'm almost there 57-58 but it's not smooth at all. My workaround is to run my monitors at 50Hz for ACC. It's not the best experience but imo it feels a lot smoother. I also use RTSS's scan line sync for all my gaming.
Might not suit you at all but worth a try.

@Martin Vindis I'm not sure if my monitor can even do 50 Hz. But I'm not too worried about AI races anyway, outside of the fact that I think the game really should be able to handle a 15 AI race with at least 60 fps on my hardware (it's not the best, but it's not that bad either).

BTW, RTSS scanline sync shouldn't really be used in scenarios where you are unable to reach at least double of your desired framerate. I believe it adds input lag as well when you don't reach those framerates.

@Martin Fiala That used to be the case when scanline sync was new (x2 was the only option) but not now days. At least not according to my testing (recording with a camera and count frames) it does not add any input lag. The old way I used to do it (use vsync and limit the fps to 59.95 to keep the buffer empty) added 1 frame input lag tho.
I just can't go back without sync now when I'm used to it, it's just not at smooth even in titles where I get 250+fps :p

Anyway, i'm happy for you as long as it's playable for you in one way or another. I just hope a small optimization is just around the corner.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%