Assetto Corsa Competizione | 1.3.1 Hotfix Available

thestig171

100RPM
Premium
Mar 16, 2019
I've been getting micro-stutters too, It occurred offline and a couple of quick races so didn't go online as I didn't want to be a wrecker. I've not reported it to Kunos yet.
Same here. I thought that maybe it was related to the fact that I was racing at Kyalami time 48x.

ShredatorFIN

500RPM
Aug 18, 2015
First thing I do any game. All games have crap music.
Doom 2016 wants a word with you :p

But yes, 99% of game music is garbage. Wasn't so in the 80's and 90's Amiga/C64 games. You had to impress players back then with musical composition. Memory for graphics and sound bank was limited, so you had to stand out with the melody. Games like Pinball Dreams, Last Ninja, Commando, Turrican 2, lot of great soundtracks. Lotus Turbo Challenge 2, Indy Heat, Super Cars 2

Nowadays you can easily have an authentic sounding symphonic orchestra with digital instruments, and anyone can run a pro level studio software at home, so importance of good composition has been forgotten

However, if there needs to be music, paying a little attention to that wouldn't hurt. Stefano is even a guitarist, I bet he could compose something better (and no, the pre-race song is not by him, someone asked and he replied)

Last edited:
May 11, 2013
I've been getting micro-stutters too, It occurred offline and a couple of quick races so didn't go online as I didn't want to be a wrecker. I've not reported it to Kunos yet.
yeah its been the quick racing i have been doing that i noticed it, i have updated the graphics card driver to the latest nvidia drivers. i think this may have helped but will test more later , i would also check any 3rd party apps you may be running in the background i normally use simhub for dashdisplay so will check this too. i would run tablet for pc temps and stuff and a dashdisplay on a separate screen on my wheel.

AJ McDaddy

250RPM
Oct 20, 2014
yeah its been the quick racing i have been doing that i noticed it, i have updated the graphics card driver to the latest nvidia drivers. i think this may have helped but will test more later , i would also check any 3rd party apps you may be running in the background i normally use simhub for dashdisplay so will check this too. i would run tablet for pc temps and stuff and a dashdisplay on a separate screen on my wheel.
Are you me in disguise? That is what I'm doing with Simhub, although I also have leaderboard and map on a secondary monitor. I updated my Nvidia drivers last night but still got the stutter.

Reactions: nicky stevenson
Oct 19, 2017
Anybody getting micro stutters since today's patch?
Hi Nicky,

yes I thought it was just my PC which doesn´t like something. Restarted the game and it was ok like before. The issue occured during offline race.

Cheers
Report it, or it can't be fixed. ;)
Same here. I thought that maybe it was related to the fact that I was racing at Kyalami time 48x.
The micro-stutters disappear, when i set visible AI cars to under 11

...before 1.3, i was able to use 20...
Check, if you get similar results.^^

Zoltan76

250RPM
Mar 29, 2014
How is everyone's performance at Bathurst? Don't see any optimisations in changelog yet, but hope they will come.

To get 55-60fps on GTX1060 I have to set everyting to low, except Medium AA and Resolution Scale to 130%. Playing on 2560x1080.

Base tracks with these settings run much better...
Why on Earth you are using 130% res?
It hits the fps as hell.

Reactions: The GT Formula

eg01st

250RPM
Jul 28, 2018
Why on Earth you are using 130% res?
It hits the fps as hell.
I know it, that's why I have everything else turned to low. I do it because that gives sharper image as 100% is kind of blurry in this engine. Before DLC came out I had it even to 150% and still had my 75fps.

Oct 19, 2017
Will give that ago . What’s your FPS I’m getting around 105 on 1440p
I don't know, not captured it yet, but i think, it will be a bit lower than before, logically, because of the dropped frames, it is stuttering in a "rythm", about 2 times per second. I think, it will be something between 70-100, when running on dry day conditions minus the dropped frames, that will be caused by stuttering.

It would be running smooth, without the stutters...it's performing like before besides the shortly stopping image each second

AJ McDaddy

250RPM
Oct 20, 2014
Report it, or it can't be fixed. ;)

The micro-stutters disappear, when i set visible AI cars to under 11

...before 1.3, i was able to use 20...
Check, if you get similar results.^^
Yeah, I'll report it when I get home - security at work doesn't allow logins through Steam, which I've used on ACC forum.

Reactions: CrimsonEminence

Rory Wetherington

pflynhi
Premium
Jun 19, 2009
Another way to try to fix stutters or get smoother game play, enable the fps counter option in hud.json then pay attention to your lowest fps areas usually race starts when the entire field is bunched together will be the lowest, then pay attention to what your average fps is when in a 2 or 3 car battle or down the front stretch then cap fps in video options to lessen the range of frame drops, if that make sense.
For me running triple 75hz monitors I cap my fps at 60 because it's easier to achieve and maintain 60 fps all the time than 75.

Reactions: The GT Formula