Assetto Corsa Competi no windows 7

They have already stated ages ago that Win 7 is still supported. And for good reason too. It's a better more stable gaming platform. And many still use it.

I don't think Kunos agree with you on the first point but happily for Win7 users they do agree on the second.

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...e-interview-part-1.148101/page-6#post-2702393

Well he states that it is going to be supported and that's the answer.

I am one person that still uses Win 7 and I never have any issues unlike the plethora of people on here who regularly moan about Win 10 doing something bad on their PC. I will obviously go to Win 10 or Win 12 in the future but I see no reason to do so yet. My PC is used for many older sims, both flight, sea and land, I even run my beloved Janes USAF on it with no problems. Try doing that with Win 10.

Well he states that it is going to be supported and that's the answer.

I am one person that still uses Win 7 and I never have any issues unlike the plethora of people on here who regularly moan about Win 10 doing something bad on their PC. I will obviously go to Win 10 or Win 12 in the future but I see no reason to do so yet. My PC is used for many older sims, both flight, sea and land, I even run my beloved Janes USAF on it with no problems. Try doing that with Win 10.
I'm sure I can

If it's not dx12 only and not a windows store title like forza there's absolutely no reason for win 7 not being supported.
I doubt that Kunos would go either route!

Only question is: will the rtx update be dx12 exclusive or included into dx11 too? Afaik it's a separate, new DirectX part so both is possible.

A really major factor in why I finally gave up on Win7 was that the MS update process became 4 to 6 hours of CPU time, every single time. I kid you not. It was beyond surreal, and much googling convinced me it was a pretty common thing, especially on elderly CPUs. Basically intolerable.

I still liked lots of things about Win7 and would quite likely still have it today on my older boxes, but for that.

A really major factor in why I finally gave up on Win7 was that the MS update process became 4 to 6 hours of CPU time, every single time. I kid you not. It was beyond surreal, and much googling convinced me it was a pretty common thing, especially on elderly CPUs. Basically intolerable.

I still liked lots of things about Win7 and would quite likely still have it today on my older boxes, but for that.
Solid reason!
I don't care too much about updates. Once a month I download the update package from winfuture an install it with auto restarting. The quickest way and no freaking windows update runs ever again!

I'm curious to see which performs better. If it's 7 then just going to dedicate that to AC and have 10 for rest of my crap.

I have an i3 2ghz 8 GB ram built in shared graphics. On a good day about 50 FPS jumping around to 60, once it hit 80 for no reason! It's not a professional setup. But it does the job

However it does glitch here and there. So going to try 7. Dual boot. Maybe set it up so I can get both windows sharing the same assetto folder.

I post the results. Gameplay over graphics for me due to hardware but that's what it's all about!

Next time.

Until then, rate my old school PS2 steering wheel converted for pc, modded for steering wheel shifters, on board button array, four pedals brake clutch brake gas, for norms and karts/F1. Raspberry pi running Android and aim dashboard on second screen. All adjustable height tilt n all, pedals too up down and tilt.

It's been tough through Lockdowns. I kept myself busy without unnecessary expenditure - for now.

Attachments

• IMG_20220320_044658.jpg
    IMG_20220320_044658.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG-20220314-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220314-WA0002.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%