Assetto Corsa Community Blog - Console Patch Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Console Fix Preview.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have announced a patch is very close to release for the console version of popular racing simulation Assetto Corsa. Many fans have been highly vocal about the issues found in the recent console edition of the game, and will be very relieved to find Kunos are close to deploying a fix to many of the problems currently experienced by players.

As part of the now semi regular community blog articles, Kunos have confirmed the long hours put into fixing the issues experienced by console users of the game have paid off, and a patch to both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 releases will be deployed in the near future.

Highlights from the patch announcement include the studios intentions to address several issues such as the screen tearing problems and ongoing FPS performance difficulties. Other areas due to receive Kunos attention include work to balance the offline AI, including the addition of two new difficulty levels – 'Very Easy' and 'Very Hard'.

Check out the full Community Blog posting for September below:

"Firstly, we just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has shown us their support over the last few weeks! We are so unbelievably grateful to have such passionate players who spend many, many hours a week playing Assetto Corsa and take the time to chat to us across social media. It means so much to the team!

So, what’s new? Well, we wanted to give you guys an insight into SOME of the things to expect as part of our next update on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, due later this month.
  • Framerate will be smoother and screen tearing issues have been resolved.
  • Players will be able to select their starting position in the race options screen.
  • On launching Assetto Corsa, the game will recognise the device you are using, when selecting the ‘X’ (PlayStation 4) or ‘A’ (Xbox One) button in the start screen.
  • Thrustmaster T80, T100 and TH8 shifter functionality has been improved.
  • A new option which allows the player to set the visual steering lock to any degree is coming.
  • 2 additional difficulty levels – 'Very Easy' and 'Very Hard'.
  • AI strengths have been re-balanced, in response to community feedback.
A full list of additions, fixes and features will be published in due course.

On behalf of the whole team, we want to thank our community for their incredible enthusiasm, passion and patience! Be rest assured, Assetto Corsa 1.0 on PS4/XB1 is just the start. As we’ve said numerous times before, we fully intend on building on these foundations, going forward. We’re excited and we hope you guys are too!"

Assetto Corsa is available to purchase for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

AC Console Fix Preview 2.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment. The place to go for AC news and discussions at your fingertips. We hold a substantial, quality, modding database of all the best released and WIP mod content for the sim. Head over to our downloads section to see what we have on offer today. As well as the great chat, latest news, download items and setup advice, we also host some pretty epic club and league racing events. Its superb fun and a great way to get the most from the game. Check it all out now!

Glad to hear AC for console is being developed and improved following the recent issues? Looking forward to the patch? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Good to know they are working on it and trying to get the problems sorted out. Shame they didn't wait originally but maybe they were under pressure from another source to release as soon as possible.

I did feel bad for Kunos when I looked at some YouTube videos. The "reviews" (in other words someone who plays arcade games all day long) were pretty scathing. Why play the game in 3rd person view seems stupid anyway. They play the game for 5 minutes and then brand it rubbish.

The problem is when one person tells the world the game is bad, other people listen and don't buy it :rolleyes:

I love AC, great sim. I'm quick in it (against the AI anyway!) but it's certainly up there with the best :thumbsup:

....but maybe not quite as good as GTR2...;):p

2 additional difficulty levels – 'Very Easy' and 'Very Hard'.

Introducing new difficulty level : Very Easy (thx :D)

My answer to everybody that will find AC (or any software I work on) too hard will always be the same it has been for the last 15 years developing simulators: "Learn to drive". Regardless of the platform they use.

What happens Stefano ? You just have to say : "Learn to drive".
Why downgrading AI difficulty ?

what???
where is the troll?
they quote what devs said few weeks ago...
linux guy attacking the developer by claiming they are downgrading AI difficulty, when they are in fact expanding the available range of difficulty to bring it closer to the PC one. previously console easiest setting was equivilent to 86% on the PC, where you can go as low as 80%, now console will have the option of going to 80, but also the option of going to harder then currently available. i.e. they are making the console version closer to the PC one in terms of available difficulty.

Deathstrokes whole post history is nonsense (conspiring that console will cause pc to get dumbed down) and this one is no different, the console is getting patched to bring it closer to the PC, why would that trigger a change to the PC version. just nonsense trolling or some difficulty with reading (probably the former based on post history).

anyway thats my opinion, take it or leave it, im out of this thread...

linux guy attacking the developer by claiming they are downgrading AI difficulty, when they are in fact expanding the available range of difficulty to bring it closer to the PC one.
Not an attack, just a statement

previously console easiest setting was equivilent to 86% on the PC, where you can go as low as 80%, now console will have the option of going to 80, but also the option of going to harder then currently available. i.e. they are making the console version closer to the PC one in terms of available difficulty.
Can you post your sources ?

According Stefano (again) : [concerning AC console port] it's not even copy/paste it's literally the SAME code :). (linked screenshot). So can you explain 86% = 80% ?

Here, an interesting first post : http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ai-difficulty.36615/
Day 1 (and a day before), people are already trying racing against the AI before discovering/learn tracks and cars physics. Just crazzy to read 12 hours later : AI is too strong.

kthxbye

Attachments

• samecode.png
    samecode.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 485
looool, so they said" this is not a simple copy/paste, this is the SAME code" between console and pc (see attached files on the post above)
so...same code but different result in AI speed?

Last edited:
Quote was regarding physics realism in general. Are you asserting that a discrepancy in AI behavior at a given setting or the expansion of available difficulty levels is evidence of a dumbed down sim?

WTF ! This screenshoot

lelinuxien52

:inlove:
As we said, now, there are some differences between console and PC code.
We can see that the console cannot stay at the level of PC, and now the dev team is forced to dev an other code and way of developpement of their own game.

The following of console dev, will be very interesting...

Last edited:
Quote was regarding physics realism in general. Are you asserting that a discrepancy in AI behavior at a given setting or the expansion of available difficulty levels is evidence of a dumbed down sim?

how many times before downgrading AI difficulty wiil be not enough and they have to casualize the game physics?
as we said since the beginning we are afraid by the feedback of console users in months to come.

this guys seems to be able to win against AI on console after hours and hours and hundreds laps done on a specific track.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ai-difficulty.36615/
that's what we all do on assetto corsa on pc, practice and practice again

are console users ready to drive hundreds laps on the same track?
did they practiced enough?
no, it's better turn down difficulty, and the ...very easy mode appears

Last edited:
I assert nothing about a dumbed down sim. I just said "developers prefer follow console users feedback instead replying with this dev sentence: Learn to drive. Even if AI is equivalent to 86% on PC, it's not so strong with a correct setup and 10 training laps.

Introducing new difficulty level : Very Easy (thx :D)

What happens Stefano ? You just have to say : "Learn to drive".
Why downgrading AI difficulty ?

linux guy attacking the developer by claiming they are downgrading AI difficulty, when they are in fact expanding the available range of difficulty to bring it closer to the PC one. previously console easiest setting was equivilent to 86% on the PC, where you can go as low as 80%, now console will have the option of going to 80, but also the option of going to harder then currently available. i.e. they are making the console version closer to the PC one in terms of available difficulty.

Deathstrokes whole post history is nonsense (conspiring that console will cause pc to get dumbed down) and this one is no different, the console is getting patched to bring it closer to the PC, why would that trigger a change to the PC version. just nonsense trolling or some difficulty with reading (probably the former based on post history).

For information this is what i've said :

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...w-trailer-released.125068/page-4#post-2291428

------------------------
Hej !
1st : I'm a Swedish player and driver, my english is not very good and i used to speak svenska in my country, so sorry for my english guys.

I want to tell you that you don 't have to speak with your customers like that. We are your monney, and we are your futur. Try to speak with us with an other When you talk to a customer try to speak with another tone.

2nd : I ve got the same worries about the game and may be the question have been asked a lots of times. Does this game will become a console game on our PC. I understand your work Stefano, i understand this game, i love this game, i love your work on it. but you can't ignore that all the cars games on console are not hardcore simulation. if you "build up to a console release for Assetto Corsa" you will be faced with a different kind of players. They don't have the same stuff as a PC user. May some of thems will have but around 80 % of your new customers will not have a wheel and bucket with three screens and lots of others things we can have on PC to improve our comfort and realism.

3 rd : You know, i'm pretty sure that you ll have to spend and earn lots of monney for your build up to console release. That's a fact. We know that and we are aware of this reality. We do not contest that. Simply admit it.
We will see if you will do the same things that your are doing with this console release. You ve said that the game will never be on console few times ago, and nowdays it is. You tell us that the game difficulty and réalism will never change because of the console release, we are worries about the following the development on PC.

All these things do not question your developer talent or beauty of the game Assetto Corsa, it s a very nice simulation game. We love it.

Please talk to your customers instead of bashing thems.

Best regards.

------------------------

Now, i can see that, the dev team told us that the game was a "copy/past" of PC game (with

lelinuxien52
screen). If i'm right, on PC, we don't have any problem of higher or lower IA difficulty. That's very surprising to see this kind of patch and its content.
And that's the first step about the subject we had created :

We are worried about the console player's comunity will destroy the game because of theirs casual way of practice this game.

They buy the game.
They install the game.
Some of thems will buy a wheel and stuff to improve the experience (around 10 %).
They launch the game day one.
Some bugs appeared (it's normal for a day one game nowadays).
The dev team create a new patch to correct the day one launch.
The console comunity players launch the game.
Some of thems will practice 1st and after will go out of multiplayer or race expérience.
They don't know how this ****ing beautiful game is realistic and hard.
They think and agreed between themselves that the game is too hard
They post out of official forum and cry a lot...
The dev team understand and change the difficulty of the game.

It appears firstly that the dev code between console and PC are the same code.
SO WHERE IS THE PROBLEM ? WHY THE DEV TEAM CHANGED the IA difficulty if it's the same code ?
Isn't it because of casual players and practice and knowledge of console community out of simulations games ?

Last edited:
Not an attack, just a statement

Can you post your sources ?

According Stefano (again) : [concerning AC console port] it's not even copy/paste it's literally the SAME code :). (linked screenshot). So can you explain 86% = 80% ?

Here, an interesting first post : http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ai-difficulty.36615/
Day 1 (and a day before), people are already trying racing against the AI before discovering/learn tracks and cars physics. Just crazzy to read 12 hours later : AI is too strong.

kthxbye

lol i assume the dev is saying the code that controls AI behaviour is the same on console as PC (at the point they had to stop work and release.) on PC we can adjust the AI difficulty/behaviour between 80<100% on console they have a different UI without the 80<100% slider and with presets instead eg. easy (86%) or hard. all still within the 80<100% difficulty/behaviour we have on PC and now they are getting very easy (probs 80%) and very hard (probs 100%) again... still within the range of difficulty of the PC version just with more presets.

how does adding a few extra presets so the console players can use more of the full range of difficulty equate to different AI code?

omg, .. there's really something wrong with mankind

what exactly is the problem with adding very easy difficulty, if you don't have to use it ??? what exactly is a problem with that? how does that affect you if you are happy with playing at 100% ???

what are you talking about?

this conversation has begun few weeks ago on other topics.
read the whole thing and comment, or don't read because you don't care ( that i can understand) and do not comment

It's amazing how something so easy can become so hard to understand for some people. Internet really has a gift ,by allowing everybody to comment, it really shows how <snip>the average joe can be.

Not convinced? All you have to do is read the comments that will come after this :p.. they will all prove my point exactly, one by one :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing