Assetto Corsa coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2016

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
Assetto Corsa Goes Console.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni has announced Assetto Corsa will be available on Xbox One and Playstation 4 in 2016.

After rumors and pictures of the Playstation 4 developer kit floating around the Kunos Simulazioni office, it is now officially confirmed: the Italian studio will team up with 505 Games to bring Assetto Corsa to the Playstation 4 and Xbox One platforms (full press release below). The popular racing sim will appear in console-land in 2016, though there's no exact release date for now.

You can take a look at the console launch trailer above, and interestingly, it looks like the console version will feature all the contents released so far on PC along with some spiffy new toys like the Audi R8 LMS Ultra, the Bonus pack cars like the Toyota GT86, the Audi Quattro and what looks like the 2015 Ferrari F1 car.

It'll be interesting to see if the team will update Assetto Corsa's core features for the console release, or perhaps add a slightly more fleshed out career mode.

What do you think of Assetto Corsa going to console? Let us know in the comments!

Calabasa, Calif. – June 3, 2015 – 505 Games today announced a partnership with Italian developer Kunos Simulazioni to publish the current generation console versions of Assetto Corsa, the highly acclaimed racing game. Currently available on Steam, Assetto Corsa is regarded as one of the most authentic racing simulators on the market.

Aptly branded “Your Racing Simulator,” Assetto Corsa ups the simulation stakes by emphasizing and focusing on pure physics realism, with precision accuracy across every aspect from the meticulousness car handling to the laser-measured tracks.

The standout stars of the game are of course the cars themselves; Assetto Corsa has partnered with the most prestigious automotive manufacturers to license life-like models of the genre’s biggest stars, from Ferrari to Fiat, from McLaren to Mercedes, and Lamborghini to Lotus.

Players are able to further deepen their playing experience by adjusting the handling and race set-up of each and every car in-game, whereby cars can be individually tuned to cater for your personal racing style. The overall racing experience can be further modified by adjusting everything from driver attributes to collision damage, to deliver a thrilling and true racing experience. All of these features together breed the realism that Assetto Corsa is known and celebrated for.

Making its console debut in 2016, Assetto Corsa will bring specific features such as
  • Over one hundred high-performance cars, including the Team Lotus 98T, the Pagani Zonda R, the Ferrari LaFerrari, the Mercedes C9 and the McLaren MP4-12C GT3
  • Over twenty different track configurations, including famed courses such as Silverstone Circuit, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife
  • Single and Multiplayer racing modes, with customizable Race Weekends, preset Challenges or full-scale Career Mode
  • Refined race-craft AI, with up to twenty-four cars competing for the podium places in the PC version of the game
Based in Rome, Kunos Simulazioni is a development studio specializing in the creation of business simulators for the most influential Italian automotive companies – including Ferrari. This collaboration diversifies 505 Games’ product portfolio with the addition of a high-octane adrenaline pumping racing title.

Asseto Corsa will be making its E3 debut this year showcasing brand new PC content, and will be released on PS4 and XBOX One in 2016. Assetto Corsa is available now for PC download via STEAM.

Maybe they should fix the issues in the PC version first before expanding out onto consoles. Just a thought :whistling:

In fairness I am not surprised seeing how much coin SMS have pulled in on consoles releasing PCARS. Still would be nice to feel like I have a finished product before they abscond onto the console money train.

<mod edit: Please refrain from double posts, edit your post instead>

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they should fix the issues in the PC version first before expanding out onto consoles. Just a thought :whistling:

If anything, it's more likely to fix some issues people are having.

They'll be crucified if they release the game with current Career mode and AI on consoles, so I'd expect overhauls on both of those at the very least. The console crowd aren't as forgiving in these areas as PC gamers are.

You might even expect the multiplayer side to be overhauled to better suit the environment console users are used to. Look at Project CARS at a base level for this implementation and possibly expand it to use playlists and other ways to quickly jump into racing online. Third-party dedicated servers are all that AC has on PC, and these servers cannot be done on consoles very easily. So there'll be changes here in some form at the very least for the console versions.

For those worried about "dumbing" down the game for consoles, I wouldn't be. Kunos already have done a good job physics-wise with AC and the driving model translates well for gamepad users. Why overhaul something that isn't broken?

The PC version is still the lead platform and will likely get updates and DLC earlier than the console versions, along with one feature the consoles can't ever have: mod support. Plus they have to wait until next year to play. We already can. :)

They'll be crucified if they release the game with current Career mode and AI on consoles, so I'd expect overhauls on both of those at the very least. The console crowd aren't as forgiving in these areas as PC gamers are.

You might even expect the multiplayer side to be overhauled to better suit the environment console users are used to. Look at Project CARS at a base level for this implementation and possibly expand it to use playlists and other ways to quickly jump into racing online. Third-party dedicated servers are all that AC has on PC, and these servers cannot be done on consoles very easily. So there'll be changes here in some form at the very least for the console versions.

For those worried about "dumbing" down the game for consoles, I wouldn't be. Kunos already have done a good job physics-wise with AC and the driving model translates well for gamepad users. Why overhaul something that isn't broken?

The PC version is still the lead platform and will likely get updates and DLC earlier than the console versions, along with one feature the consoles can't ever have: mod support. Plus they have to wait until next year to play. We already can. :)
Thank you for putting some thoughts into this, many people just post by impulse and immediately think it will be doomsday.

Is something wrong with you, what's with all the positivity. If PCars and the relationship between consoles and PC version is anything to go by, my glass will be staying half full for now.

I hate it when developers announce stuff like this but don't explain themselves. We by buying early access have basically funded Kunos to this point. We are six months into a full release and non of the fundamental issues have been addressed.

Lets face it now this is coming on consoles they will be lead platform due to the volume of sales, so I can't see why their focus wont shift to the consoles which I do understand but would still be nice to have a fully functioning 'sim' between now and the console release.

This is good news I think and I wish Kunos the best.

I've long felt that the kind of title AC is would fit better on the consoles.
Good that pCARS, GT and Forza will get some new competition there.

It's a shame though that the mods won't be available on the consoles.

Logical decision business-wise but my PC sim-heart keeps bleeding and bleeding the last weeks and this doesn't help to recover.

I hope they will address the PC multiplayer issues as our staff outlined in the open letter a couple of months back first before they shift their attention to the promised land consoles.

Stock car extreme is unplayable with a gamepad. Give it a try. Why? Because it's an actual simulator. If in AC you can drive an F1 car with a gamepad I'm unistalling.
Is because AC has better gamepad implementation maybe? For example rF based games are said to be better with keyboard than AC with keyboard, are rF based games simcades?

Is something wrong with you, what's with all the positivity. If PCars and the relationship between consoles and PC version is anything to go by, my glass will be staying half full for now.

I hate it when developers announce stuff like this but don't explain themselves. We by buying early access have basically funded Kunos to this point. We are six months into a full release and non of the fundamental issues have been addressed.

Lets face it now this is coming on consoles they will be lead platform due to the volume of sales, so I can't see why their focus wont shift to the consoles which I do understand but would still be nice to have a fully functioning 'sim' between now and the console release.

Project CARS was developed in tandem on consoles and PC. AC has already been released on PC and Kunos are now working in conjunction with another team to bring it to consoles. There is a difference. They can't really compromise on the base game that already exists as they know the fanbase will rip them apart if they even consider dumbing down the one thing most people agree is AC's best feature: the car physics.

There are no guarantees the console versions will outsell the PC version as well. pCARS' release (and pCARS 2 in the future) combined with Forza 6 on Xbox One later this year and GT7 probably happening in 2016/2017 on PS4 are gonna make the console sim market very competitive for a while yet. Kunos already have a confirmed market on PC that will continue to grow due to constant Steam sales. Why cater for a potential audience when they already have a larger one right now?

If AC becomes a sleeper hit on consoles then maybe this changes, but racing sims are a niche market and million plus sellers are reserved for games with marketing budgets that dwarf anything Kunos can probably manage. But Kunos obviously see a chance to make some extra cash on consoles so if this means more cash more car licenses and more laserscanned circuits, then I don't really mind.

If AC becomes a sleeper hit on consoles then maybe this changes, but racing sims are a niche market and million plus sellers are reserved for games with marketing budgets that dwarf anything Kunos can probably manage. But Kunos obviously see a chance to make some extra cash on consoles so if this means more cash more car licenses and more laserscanned circuits, then I don't really mind.
Is like with kids, you need to disguise the food to make them eat what they don't like to see with their eyes, in the end they will like the taste. Same with sim racing games, they can come out of the niche-zone if you make them look like something else but beneath they are still sim racing games. AC kinda started that trend when it came to Steam. It was not your typical sim racing game look alike, but it behaved like one.

Project CARS was developed in tandem on consoles and PC. AC has already been released on PC and Kunos are now working in conjunction with another team to bring it to consoles. There is a difference. They can't really compromise on the base game that already exists as they know the fanbase will rip them apart if they even consider dumbing down the one thing most people agree is AC's best feature: the car physics.

There are no guarantees the console versions will outsell the PC version as well. pCARS' release (and pCARS 2 in the future) combined with Forza 6 on Xbox One later this year and GT7 probably happening in 2016/2017 on PS4 are gonna make the console sim market very competitive for a while yet. Kunos already have a confirmed market on PC that will continue to grow due to constant Steam sales. Why cater for a potential audience when they already have a larger one right now?

Most people who want AC for PC have already got it, this is a massive revenue generator for the foreseeable future for Kunos. Anyone who has bought Forza, Pcars or GT on console will buy this in a heartbeat. That is potentially millions of sales. As a business it makes perfect sense which I have no problem with, the problem for me is PC purchases have funded this expansion into console's yet after more than 6 months after a full 1.00 release we still have fundamental problems which does annoy me tad.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 376 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.9%