Assetto Corsa Car and Track List

Assetto Corsa Porsche V2 .jpg
Cars

UT 23/12/2017 RW

Last edited by a moderator:
You have been saying this for a long time now. But how do we really know 'the achilles heel' of netKar Pro was the lack of normal cars?

Quite frankly, I'd say it's just your opinion. I do not have the feeling there is a large group of people who would buy netKar Pro suddenly if it were to have normal street cars.

Look at iRacing, rather succesful, with only real race cars.

When you drive a racing sim, the priority is to have racing cars in the simulation.

Requim84 iRacing got succesful because everybody in the sim community knew it was been made by caemmer the founder of sim racing and the mind behind papurus and gpl.The majority of AAA tracks from rfactor are improved tracks from from gpl made by the community.
It got a lot of advertisement ,especially from actual drivers and thus everybody got excited over it.

Normal street cars matter a lot.If they did not grand turismo and forza would not have selled 100 million of copies....

And last a lot of people that tried Netkar pro but did not buy it even through it was low priced,were the people that were playing netkar ,were there were a few normal cars.

If you like open wheelers good for you you are going to be in total bliss with asseto corsa.If you really want Stefano to succeed through think the whole picture! It will be a total disaster if Asseto Corsa would follow Netkar Pro model of minimum content made by open wheelers...

I think netkar is a racing sim, not a gran turismo. More racing beasts less street boring ish

And a see what you want: Silvia, Impreza, Evo - stereotypical car, check out need for speed underground

Boring ?? Zabielski if i may ask how old are you ? Have you ever driven those cars in real life ?I am not talking about your mom's civic or proton or kia......Silvia's stereotypical ? Lad i owned many of those cars and 250hp on a 1100kg rwd car with a 5/6 speed shifter IS NOT stereotypical....Driving one of the latest evo's and having your mind tell you to slow down but know the only way to make a turn is by keep the throttle steady...Stereotypical is the way of thinking "Wow i want to drive a le mans car or zonda/mp4/ccxx/911 gt3,veyron etc... " You want something realistic ? Those cars are not normal cars.When you have a car with a 20 inch rim size that can make certain turns at 100 miles that is not what i call realistic driving.That makes me feel like i am playing those abysmal arcade games like nfs series etc..

Requim84 iRacing got succesful because everybody in the sim community knew it was been made by caemmer the founder of sim racing and the mind behind papurus and gpl.The majority of AAA tracks from rfactor are improved tracks from from gpl made by the community.
It got a lot of advertisement ,especially from actual drivers and thus everybody got excited over it.

Normal street cars matter a lot.If they did not grand turismo and forza would not have selled 100 million of copies....

And last a lot of people that tried Netkar pro but did not buy it even through it was low priced,were the people that were playing netkar ,were there were a few normal cars.

If you like open wheelers good for you you are going to be in total bliss with asseto corsa.If you really want Stefano to succeed through think the whole picture! It will be a total disaster if Asseto Corsa would follow Netkar Pro model of minimum content made by open wheelers...

Where are your numbers to back up these statements? GT5 and Forza are big succeses because they have a huge marketing apparatus behind them, and they are aimed at casual gamers with joypads.

Yeah.. those kind of guys who like to do some drifting and showing off with big cars. AC is aimed at a completely different public. AC isn't going down the route of netKar Pro which had just 4 cars at release. It will have many more cars, just not a large amount of street cars.

I wouldn't mind having a few streetcars, but I really hope it's on the lower part of their priorities list.

Not to mention how may PS3´s are sold with GT5 included.
Forza i think is similar.

Polyphony Digital is owned by Sony. Sony who makes the PS3.

Edit: Turn 10 was established by Microsoft in 2001, Microsoft who makes the 360.
Things isn´t always what they seem :)

Bit like Super Mario and Nintendo who i think is affiliated in some way.

justasimfan, dont worry mate, i have got driver license. I my personal opinion (you dont need to agree), if you want to race, do it in 'right' car. Some street cars are very nice and easy to drive, you can race in it for sure, but i can do it in real, turn off a stupid computer and do it myself. Oh, by the way, even in such a poor country like Poland, Impreza, Evo or even Calibra - as you said - are nothing really special

Wow i want to drive a le mans car or zonda/mp4/ccxx/911 gt3,veyron etc...
Le mans? you mean HPD or R18? You put these cars on a par with cxx and veyron? Are you serious?

Hope in AC we ALL find what we want, and enjoy it

What's all this bickering about?? AC will be the best thing to happen in simracing since LFS (my POV). The Lotus and the BMW license means that we already have some road cars in the game, and can have many more from BMW in the future. Plus it will have at least the same quality tracks as in iRacing (or even better). Not the same quantity, yes, but who cares about quantity when the quality is this high. Just look at FVA, it only has 3 cars and 3 tracks, but it's still regarded as one of the best. And on top of all that, AC will be moddable, which means that all these cliche cars you want in the game, will eventually be there.
We don't need to argue over AC, we all know it's going to be awesome.

What's all this bickering about?? AC will be the best thing to happen in simracing since LFS (my POV). The Lotus and the BMW license means that we already have some road cars in the game, and can have many more from BMW in the future. Plus it will have at least the same quality tracks as in iRacing (or even better). Not the same quantity, yes, but who cares about quantity when the quality is this high. Just look at FVA, it only has 3 cars and 3 tracks, but it's still regarded as one of the best. And on top of all that, AC will be moddable, which means that all these cliche cars you want in the game, will eventually be there.
We don't need to argue over AC, we all know it's going to be awesome.
Well said

I always prefer race cars or sportscars with excellent handling first and foremost, if I've enough of them, then I'll pay for DLC packs with some street cars.
You say you like sport cars but they are exactly the type of cars i love man...What category you are placing cars like the e30 m3 ,e46 m3,the old 635csl,m1,alfa gta,alfa 75 3.0,fiat coupe,alfa sz,lotus esprit,opel calibra turbo,mercedes 190 cosworth,maserati 222/228 biturbo,ford capri,ford cosworth,marcos,tvr chimera,porsche 911,928,944 etc ??

Because i mentioned japanish cars they are automatically classified as street shopping carts ? I mentioned some of the best jap cars that are easily compared to the above european legends.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=chevettes on ice I am just going to leave this link here.

Racing with street cars is not boring. Excitement does not come from only pure speed.

And on a slightly different tangent:
As someone who does not like BMW or Lotus, AC needs more historic Trans Am cars!

You know Ian, 100.000 simracers, 50.000 opinions on what cars a sim needs to have. I can't count the topics in iRacing saying: 'We REALLY need car x'. Most important thing for AC is to have a variety of cars.

At the moment they are doing rather good in that department.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%