Assetto Corsa background rumble noise?

Hello, can anyone help please?
Running AC with SIMHUB for bass shakers and wind and also using a Corsair haptic feedback headset.
In game audio output set to headset but even with all the audio levels (road, engine tyres etc) turned down to zero I still have quite a loud rumble sound in the headset. It does rather drown out the subtle sounds when levels turned back up.
I thought that it would be silent with audio turned right down but this rumble (sounds like road rumble) is doing my head in! It starts at about 15mph and stays constant in level and pitch no matter what speed you are doing.
It is still present with the rumble haptic effect switched off on the headphones.
I can’t use my haptics with any bass turned up as the rumble makes the headphones vibrate constantly and drowns out the force feedback effects of all the other audio effects.
Any help would be much appreciated - ta

It is still present with the rumble haptic effect switched off on the headphones.
Is it still present with SimHub turned off?
If rumble goes away without SimHub,
then SimHub is seemingly configured to use a Windows output device
associated with your headset.

Last edited:
Thanks! That’s a good call!
I have not tried it with SIMHUB off. I’m running 200cfm fans for wind feedback and your suggestion has jogged my memory, I think I have the fans start at about 15mph……
As you say, sounds like it’s outputting the signal to the headphones somehow as well.
Thanks - will check that

Sorted!
I tried turning SIMHUB off, wind off etc but no joy…..
I’m the end I found that when I went into CSP - weather effects and unchecked the ‘audio volume for weather specific sounds’ box - the noise (which did sound like wind rumble?) disappeared!
Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

Sorted!
I’m the end I found that when I went into CSP - weather effects and unchecked the ‘audio volume for weather specific sounds’ box - the noise (which did sound like wind rumble?) disappeared!
Old topic, and probably sorted, but I also searched for the source of this wind noise for some time. It's probably the wind volume from Pure or Sol you're hearing. It can be quite loud, depending on the car and your setup. It's not affected by the regular audio app, but it can be adjusted or set to 0 in the Pure config app. Apparently also solvable by unchecking the box you mention. :)

Sorted!
I have the same problem and cant find where to disable "audio volume for weather specific sounds" - it doesnt appear in my CSP > Weather FX options. Any ideas? Im running CSP 0.1.79 and SOL 2.2.3. Thanks

1667339283238.png

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing