Assetto Corsa - Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa - Alfa Romeo.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio has been licenced for Assetto Corsa, bringing yet another Alfa Romeo to the Assetto Corsa simulation.

As a high performance road car, the Giulia Quadrifoglio is the most powerful Alfa Romeo sports car ever created for road use. Featuring an impressive 2.9 V6 bi-turbo engine with 90° opposed cylinders. The engine delivers 510 hp and 600 Nm of torque between 2500 and 5000 RPM.
This new engine was developed in close collaboration with Ferrari and is made entirely of aluminium. Benefitting from the usual Alfa Romeo attention to handling, the Giulia Quadrifoglio is more than just another luxury road car, and should make an outstanding addition to Assetto Corsa once it is released next year.

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Are you glad to see the Giulia Quadrifoglio is coming to AC? Looking forward to more Alfa Romeo cars in AC? Let us know in the comments section below!

But please! Manual one! As far as I remember the auto box on this one isn't the best...
I believe Chris Harris' description of the manual was pants and said the paddles brought it alive.

Given how much of a manual snob he can be I'll take that as a pretty reliable criticism. That said does AC in any way properly represent the unique qualities of different transmissions to the point of representing their flaws? I seriously doubt it. If AC had them and I tred to drive an early '00s Lambo around as if I were in traffic would I hate the gearbox like I would in real life? I am leaning on the assumption of no.

Of course AC can't make your toy clutch pedal heavier in one car than it is in another, but there are several parameters within the transmission model that does make the Miura trans act differently than the trans in the Porsche Cayman S; one is made of glass and will totally lose a gear with just a couple mis-shifts while the other is almost bulletproof and doesn't even require the clutch if rev matched properly.
Of course the guys that aren't using an H pattern (or that don't actually play AC) won't know about any of that.

Yesss, but more Alfa Romeo Race cars !! There are a lot, like GT-Am, Tipo 33/3, GTA-J Widebody, Alfetta 2,5 GTV, Alfa 75 Turbo, Alfa 156 from WTCC and the Formula 1 Cars F179 and F182. Remember Assetto Corsa it's a Racing Simulation. Please not more Streetcars, I think there are enough.
Cheers Wil44

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back