Assetto Corsa AI Setups

ThatRacingGuy

I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened
Hi all

i`ve been asking myself for a while: can you force the AI in AC too use a setup?
I found a post on the SteamCommunity which said that you can but the guy who wrote this is very bad in english so i don`t understand a crap of it :)

Marty
iconGames.png
9 apr 2014 om 9:52vm
You can load a setup of yours into the setups folder

Go here to see how its done with the M3 Gt2 notice a setup for Silverstone national too :) I wonder what track is coming next then.

E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\setups\bmw_m3_gt2

To force ai to use any setup make one yourself then go to this setups folder create a folder under the car name as in the user setups. Then just name the setup by the track and the AI will use this set each time on this track except for special events where they may be forced to use other setups from within the event itself.

I have tested this with a few cars and it works so you can race AI with the same setup which makes them a bit more competitive. Im sure soon the devs will add a force to AI setup from within the game setup screen as that would be the easiest way,

If anybody knows how to do this please tell me.

Thanks

I'll have to try it to confirm but in case it helps, my understanding is that you create a file named:
E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\setups\bmw_m3_gt2\spa.ini
You copy/paste the content of your own setup file and the AI will start using this setup. That can be quite interesting but while it might force the AI to use a setup, I doubt it will for the AI to actually adapt to that setup so I would expect lots of crashes and/or under-performance.

I'll have to try it to confirm but in case it helps, my understanding is that you create a file named:
E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\setups\bmw_m3_gt2\spa.ini
You copy/paste the content of your own setup file and the AI will start using this setup. That can be quite interesting but while it might force the AI to use a setup, I doubt it will for the AI to actually adapt to that setup so I would expect lots of crashes and/or under-performance.
actualy i did try it and with the new ai the ai make mistake and is more "nervous"it actually ad fun, and with the sliders it does good

Isn't it much easier than this now? I think all you have to do is when you're in the tuning screen save your setup as ai_default or something like that and it will automatically be applied to the AI.
Yes. You save the setup you want the AI to use just like any other setup as ai_default in the folder of the specific track for that specific car and on the next session on that track the AI with that car will use that ai_default setup. They will still adjust several of the settings themselves however.

Been like that since 1.7.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing