Assetto Corsa - 1 second freezing

Fat-Alfie

Premium
Does anyone know anything about AC troubleshooting? I have developed a problem over the last few days (not sure when it started). I start an AI race (or Practice or Hotlap - it doesn't seem to matter) and periodically the game freezes completely. The sound is stuck at a certain RPM but the screen freezes for 1 or 2 seconds. Then, it just unfreezes. The car is 2 seconds further down the road (so the physics must still be running) and the Render Stats app shows a huge red, wide spike. I don't remember changing anything on my set-up, no Windows updates, no changes to hardware.

Once or twice this freeze has coincided with an AI driver crashing out, so maybe it is caused by an increase in CPU load? It happens on mod tracks and Kunos tracks, and tbh it's making AC unplayable. I mean, I can still work on my own mod tracks, but I can't enjoy testing them anymore.

I have done a fresh installation of AC, am running only the Kunos launcher, no mods (other than my own mod track). I have run a RAM check with no issues, a GPU check with no issues, Windows says my C Drive is fine, my GPU driver is up to date, I don't know what else to check. I even tried pCars and it ran without any issues. I feel like some part of my PC is failing but I don't know what :(

Do these symptoms ring any bells with anyone else who may have had a RAM, GPU, CPU or PSU failure?

Help!

Hi all, I have the same problem. Only with Assetto Corsa with Oculus Rift CV1 in SRS online, Crew Chief, Content Manager, Steam and Logitech Software. I have Nvidia.
The race about 1 or 2 freezes on all race (1 or 2 seconds).
I don't know this.
Thanks

Upvote 0
I experienced this problem when I had Thrustmaster wheels, both with AC and Dirt Rally. When I moved to a DD wheel it never happened again. Maybe it's not related but who knows?

Upvote 0
Hi all, I have the same problem. Only with Assetto Corsa with Oculus Rift CV1 in SRS online, Crew Chief, Content Manager, Steam and Logitech Software. I have Nvidia.
The race about 1 or 2 freezes on all race (1 or 2 seconds).
I don't know this.
Thanks
Try disabling all apps and see if it helps. Iirc some apps, especially older ones are a bit jittery.

Upvote 0
Hey!

i had this freeze issue too.
so i tried almost everything before i reinstalled the whole game. rename the main AC folder and let Steam repair the game. after that i tried the game stock without mods or apps.
Run just fine without freeze. :)
I installed step by step Shader Patch 1.30, SOL 1.4 and tested well.
Then ingame apps like helicorsa and such things. See below.

The issue with the freeze was coming back.
I had also installed OV1 hud, Race Essentials, Sidekick, Map Display and ProTyres. I deleted all these and the problem was gone. One of these cause the freeze then. i will test further who is it.
Maybe is one to old or not up to date.

See ya

Upvote 0
Hey!

i had this freeze issue too.
so i tried almost everything before i reinstalled the whole game. rename the main AC folder and let Steam repair the game. after that i tried the game stock without mods or apps.
Run just fine without freeze. :)
I installed step by step Shader Patch 1.30, SOL 1.4 and tested well.
Then ingame apps like helicorsa and such things. See below.

The issue with the freeze was coming back.
I had also installed OV1 hud, Race Essentials, Sidekick, Map Display and ProTyres. I deleted all these and the problem was gone. One of these cause the freeze then. i will test further who is it.
Maybe is one to old or not up to date.

See ya

hey any update what are your findings on this? have same issues sometimes the freeze last 1 sec and sometimes up to 3 sec very annoying.

Upvote 0
hey any update what are your findings on this? have same issues sometimes the freeze last 1 sec and sometimes up to 3 sec very annoying.

Hey, the freezes come back but not so often, when i activatet sidekick and race essentials. i deactivated now these two too and get no stutters at all :) I cannot say specific which of this two produce this.

Greetings

Upvote 0
Sorry for the bump but I just had two small freezes during the same session, second being long enough to completely ruin my lap on a point to point track. The simulation continues on the background when the screen is frozen, so when the game goes back to normal I'm already out of the track. I'm playing with a PS4 controller through DS4Windows.

My specs (5 year old PC):
91b9658e9725de7c518c7f166ac10978.png

Upvote 0
I was having problems recently with AC freezing stuttering and it was down to using my Xbox One controller over Bluetooth to my PC.

Once I reverted back to my old Xbox 360 controller over old style wifi adapter it was fine.

Could be your PS Controller over Bluetooth? Xbox One controller is the same using Bluetooth.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back