Assetto Corsa 1.2 update + bonus pack available

02.jpg
Kunos Simulazioni has updated Assetto Corsa to version 1.2, adding five new cars and the circuit of Zandvoort along with a long list of added features and fixes.

According to the developers the physics engine has been updated (as previously anticipated), with improvements for all cars and a tweaked FFB response.

Importantly, the AI has been updated and is supposedly capable of a more human-like and aggressive driving performance. I still haven't had the chance to try it out, but I'm looking forward! The update itself weighs 625MB on Steam.

Here's the full changelog:
  • Balanced interior and exterior volume for all cars
  • Updated Fmod example project
  • Updated Fmod pipeline document
  • Fixed some rare FMod crashes
  • Fixed bodywork sound when stand still for some cars
  • Fixed typos for career descriptions
  • Fixed Ferrari 458 and Giulia GTA sound pan
  • Fixed flags position for triple screens users
  • Fixed replay doesn't show smoke
  • Fixed sun visible through barriers
  • Fixed flying crew at Mugello
  • Fixed delay before gear shift recognised
  • Fixed keyboard controller and mouse steering
  • Fixed rare pit stop repair bug when clutch is pressed
  • Fixed wrong player is selected in the drivers list
  • Fixed showroom crashes with Motion Blur enabled
  • Fixed tyre blankets weird behaviour
  • Fixed front wheels size on Lotus Evora
  • Fixed Pagani Huayra broken mirror
  • Fixed missing BMW M3 Gt2 rear tow
  • Fixed cars already damaged starting a gameplay session at Ring
  • Fixed BMW M3 e92 red patch on headlights
  • Fixed P4/5 Competizione static calipers
  • Fixed 599xx Evo weird LOD effect
  • Fixed blurred rims missing from LOD C on some cars
  • Fixed fuel calculator on Setup UI
  • Fixed 500 Abarth skin issues
  • Fixed pit crew panels in Chevy C7r and Nissan GT-R GT3.
  • Fixed some broken Steam achievements
  • BMW 1M has stock liveries; the previous ones are assigned to the S3 version
  • Added FOV system message when using +/- to change the value ingame
  • Added visual indication for suggested eyes position and actual eye position for Driver Eyes Positioning app
  • Added "Auto Pos" button in Driver Eyes Positioning app to automatically move the eyes position to the suggested value
  • Added Exposure system message when PGUP/PGDOWN are used to change the value ingame
  • Improved AI. AI cars can and will overtake slower cars, lose their stability easier, can oversteer occasionally.
  • Tyres now have a short name that is visualized on the classification, so that players can know which tyres the AI is using.
  • TYRES SHORT NAMES
    • SV= Street Vintage
    • ST= Street
    • SM= Semislicks
    • SS= Slicks SuperSoft
    • S= Slicks Soft
    • M= Slicks Medium
    • H= Slicks Hard
    • SH= Slicks SuperHard
    • HR= Hypercar Road
    • I= Intermediate
    • V= Vintage
  • Fixed tyre - kerb hard collisions
  • Adjusted realigning forces from tyres.
  • Active differentials
  • New Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde
  • New Audi Sport Quattro
  • New Lamborghini Miura SV
  • New Nissan GT-R Nismo
  • New Toyota GT-86
  • New Zandvoort circuit
  • New interior soundset for 500 Abarth (shared with Alfa MiTo and Tatuus FA01)
  • Added dynamic controllers to drivetrain (Nissan GT-R Nismo)
  • Added FF low speed reduction factor to avoid oscillations when the car is stationary. (check system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini [LOW_SPEED_FF]]
  • Multiplayer - Added checksum checks for tracks using the new config system
  • Multiplayer - Removed "Track List" feature from AC Server
  • Multiplayer - Added "IS_OPEN" key to "[RACE]" to lock new players from joining a race. 0=CLOSED, only players
  • coming from the previous sessions are allowed in. 1=OPEN, players can join during a race. 2=OPEN DURING WAIT
  • TIME, players are allowed to join during the wait time only
  • Multiplayer - Fixed collision not triggering correct samples
  • Multiplayer - Added weather settings to the server side
  • Multiplayer - Fixed tyres glued to the road for cars without animated suspensions
  • Multiplayer - Added possibility to limit tyre choice
  • Multiplayer - Added Server Plugin Auth system to AC Server for customized user authentication.
  • AUTH_PLUGIN_ADDRESS in server_cfg.ini
  • Multiplayer - Added Server UDP Plugin for realtime data input/output from AC Server (check example C# application and UDP_PLUGIN_ADDRESS in server_cfg.ini)
  • Multiplayer - It is now possible to complete last lap during Qualify & Practice
  • Multiplayer - Fixed /client_list not showing local car ID
  • Multiplayer - Added first ballast implementation (use /ballast [carid] [kg] in the chat as admin or entry list)
  • Multiplayer - At the end of a race now the system goes "Race Control" view with leaderboard and chat
  • Multiplayer - Exit button in ESC menu is now at safe distance from the others
  • Multiplayer - Added option to force virtual mirror ON from AC Server
  • Multiplayer - Added acServerManager into server folder.
  • Added realtime "relative" time app
  • Added glowing brakes graphics effect. [DISCS_GRAPHICS] in brakes.ini
  • DRS can now be turned off with the DRS button and not only by braking
  • AI grip on corner exit is now more realistic
  • Improved loading time ~1s faster per car
  • Game timing is now using high resolution timer unless a drift is detected and the timer is switched to 1ms resolution.
  • This improves FPS CAPS and general fluidity
  • Tyres and rims now stay blurred when replay is paused
  • Auto shifter has now its own dedicated section in drivetrain.ini [AUTO_SHIFTER] and does not share it with AI any more
  • Air density calculation is now using temperature as input
  • Proximity indicator now scales with resolution
  • AI now properly brakes in time to hit 80Kmh in the pitlane
  • Fixed discs object not properly switched with LODS
  • Better driver gearshift preload on first gear
  • Fixed strong tyre vibration around 40 kmh
  • Added EBB (electronic brake balance) support
  • Removed user FF damper settings from GUI and setups. FF damping is only used for stationary cars (hard steering
  • wheel feel) and it is controlled by wheel drivers
  • Removed limits from Driver Eyes Positioning app
  • Kers is now recharged in pits
  • AI is not using "Trail Hint" anymore
Join the discussion in our AC forums, and get racing in our Assetto Corsa Racing Club! While you're at it, why not check out some awesome videos and screenshot in our AC gallery?

Thanx, works again. BUT got another problem. When running single player QUICK RACE 36 laps @ Zandvoort against AI with fuel option my tanks runs out of gas around lap 24 and when I drive into pitlane, NOTHING happens, NO pitcrew, NO refueling. AI does not come into pitlane and drives and drives lap by lap though they have same car as mine and should run out of fuel as well as mine???

Or are there no pitstops implemented in single player quick race?

Thanx, works again. BUT got another problem. When running QUICK RACE 36 laps @ Zandvoort with fuel option my tanks runs out of gas around lap 24 and when I drive into pitlane, NOTHING happens, NO pitcrew, NO refueling. AI does not come into pitlane and drives and drives even though they have same car as mine and should run out of fuel as well as mine???

Or are there no pitstops implemented?

Unless this update added pit stops, nope, single player doesn't have them which is annoying. It means if you want a long race, it needs to be with fuel consumption off :)

Yeah, right at the beginning I changed my fuel setup and made it full as much as I could put fuel in - to the max. Then I ran another single player race and MY car was out of fuel around lap 24. So I drove into pitlane and since - again - there was no pitstopping there, I just clicked on INTO THE BOX changed my fuel again and drove again - my personal kind of REfueling ;-)
THEN two or three laps later when I passed start-stop again ALOT of the AI cars where in the pitlane and it said CAR so an so RETIRED FROM THE RACE and there were only like three or four AI cars left that still drove around the course.

Is there ANY sign from the developer, that they would add propper pitstopping into SINGLE PLAYER mode? A racing game without proper pitstopping is pretty much worthless - at least to me! ????

Yes Stefano said he will go back to pitstops development some time in the following months, the idea is that they also want to have this ready before console release. So probably PC players will have it first.

Way to go, KS! :thumbsup:
Can't get enough of the update even after several days of trying it. This driving feeling is superb!
At least when it comes to the road cars and the classics... The racing ones are indeed very loose. I'd rather have an R3E session for those.

But the driving itself is just so nice now, you can actually drive pretty slow road cars and have tons of fun pretending you are touring :) Very relaxing too... Still, a more pronounced grip would help a lot. At the moment even the Green level is more like what I would call "dusty" or even "moist". The grippier levels only make it worse for some reason. The problem could be not in the level of grip per se, but rather in the grip "envelope", which is less pronounced than, say, the R3E's or the pCARS' ones. Still, rF2 is even worse in this regard...

That aside, AC is back to being my #1 pastime now :cool: Thanks, Kunos!

I've noticed that I'm feeling ffb spikes when driving against AI, I mentioned it on the simxperience forum and another member was also noticing this, only happens when using accuforce foundation feedback, its like I'm feeling some of the ffb from the AI cars possibly.

Still no fix on the jerky motion of the 3d space. Still the same since early alpha days.

Physics and scene movement tied to different refresh rate that is not divisable by screen is still my professional guess. Distracting still, when you see that scenery stuttering along looking at the horizon.

Apart from that, they add in a pack of free cars. Turns out it is even more road cars. In a racing simulation. Really? Enough with the Forza and GT moves towards more road cars. I want race cars now.

Also, AI is still either insanely cheating fast or stupidly slow. Needs balancing.

As always though, car physics is awesome. That Miura is a sexy beast.

Lets get polish on the underlying tech next time instead of more road cars though? Hopefully a fix will come for the network instability also. Seeing some odd ping spikes.

@Richard Eriksson
I don't think the stuttering is due to the frame rate versus the physics sampling rate discrepancies. All the sims out there run their physics at separate frequencies after all. But I have to agree, the stutter can be really annoying. For me it goes as suddenly as it appears, though. On different hardware/OS installations. Quite a weird behaviour.

"In a racing simulation"... Well, that particular piece of text on the splash screen doesn't automatically make AC a racing simulation, now does it? :) At least no more so than the "(c) 2010-2020" part makes it 2020 already :) Isn't that illegal, by the way?

Still, for the life of me I can't see why people can't enjoy AC for that it really is. And in my opinion it tries to present the most authentic driving experience first and foremost. Which it is now finally good at, praise to all the simming gods out there... So good in fact, I can barely stop driving around the Ring and point to point tracks just for the hell of it.

Isn't it great to be able to try cars you won't possibly be able to get your hands at in your lifetime anyway? The legends and just very good and famous pieces of machinery alike... Or the Lotus Cars offerings, which I suppose hardly ever sell at all.

Speaking of which... Remember how they were in the previous releases? "Who in their right mind put THIS in here?!" Now they are proper fun raisers. Easily in my personal favs list. The 1.2 did wonders after all...

As for the racing part, well... There's R3E, iRacing, rF2... Heck, even Project CARS is more of a racer than AC is. Plenty of choice. Why AC? Forget the "your racing simulator" part. It should be replaced with the GT's "realistic driving experience" (done right) instead. Sure, at some point it will probably become a "racing simulator" (2020 maybe? :)). Until then, however, let's enjoy it as an interactive automative museum of sorts. Because nothing else at the moment manages to covey the feel this good.

For those complaining that we got more road cars instead of racing ones. I think that when you make a license deal with a manufacturer to include their cars, the manufacturer will also try to push some of the cars they want to promote. So maybe some of the roads cars are needed to be made too, to get to the race cars later. Maybe the manufacturer facilitates the deals when you let them include some road cars but which are still good for racing.
At least be thankful they are releasing some of these road cars as free content and won't make you pay for them in dreampack. Which doesn't mean future dreampacks are exclusive to just race cars. You may like just race cars, but others also want to drive road or track day cars. Is the same thing with someone only caring about Online racing and trying to force the devs to only work for Online, when other people will mostly prefer offline racing. So the devs will actually have to work and improve both ends, same with road and race cars.
Besides, are you really saying the road cars in AC are bad to race? Some may be, but others gives you great racing, for example I'm seeing and played Online in servers with bmw m3 e30 vs toyota gt86 at Zandvoort, and has been good racing.
People also forget that in the real real life, there is also more track racing featuring road cars. Race car racing happens mostly on these big official events, but there's still plenty of road car racing in real life, and maybe those cars just get bit better equipped, like better brakes and tires, but still.

@Richard Eriksson
I don't think the stuttering is due to the frame rate versus the physics sampling rate discrepancies. All the sims out there run their physics at separate frequencies after all. But I have to agree, the stutter can be really annoying. For me it goes as suddenly as it appears, though. On different hardware/OS installations. Quite a weird behaviour.

"In a racing simulation"... Well, that particular piece of text on the splash screen doesn't automatically make AC a racing simulation, now does it? :) At least no more so than the "(c) 2010-2020" part makes it 2020 already :) Isn't that illegal, by the way?

Still, for the life of me I can't see why people can't enjoy AC for that it really is. And in my opinion it tries to present the most authentic driving experience first and foremost. Which it is now finally good at, praise to all the simming gods out there... So good in fact, I can barely stop driving around the Ring and point to point tracks just for the hell of it.

Isn't it great to be able to try cars you won't possibly be able to get your hands at in your lifetime anyway? The legends and just very good and famous pieces of machinery alike... Or the Lotus Cars offerings, which I suppose hardly ever sell at all.

Speaking of which... Remember how they were in the previous releases? "Who in their right mind put THIS in here?!" Now they are proper fun raisers. Easily in my personal favs list. The 1.2 did wonders after all...

As for the racing part, well... There's R3E, iRacing, rF2... Heck, even Project CARS is more of a racer than AC is. Plenty of choice. Why AC? Forget the "your racing simulator" part. It should be replaced with the GT's "realistic driving experience" (done right) instead. Sure, at some point it will probably become a "racing simulator" (2020 maybe? :)). Until then, however, let's enjoy it as an interactive automative museum of sorts. Because nothing else at the moment manages to covey the feel this good.

I actually agree, even if my earlier wording may have indicated orherwise... It is really good at what it does, which is as you say a driving experience rather than a racing experience. It does a good job of that.

On the stuttering, i have myself worked on 3D simulation in the past (not cars) and i have seen similiar stuff going on when you have discrepancies not in rate but in RATIO thereof.

Think of physics at 100hz, screen at 60. Now since these are not evenly divisable there is going to be unevenness, where objects move in a timespace not evenly comparable with screentime.

The same logic implies that 120hz game loop and 60hz rendering is much more smooth. Because the shifts in space will be even to a visual shift.

So different rates is fine. Not proportional ones usually is not ;)

I actually agree, even if my earlier wording may have indicated orherwise... It is really good at what it does, which is as you say a driving experience rather than a racing experience. It does a good job of that.

On the stuttering, i have myself worked on 3D simulation in the past (not cars) and i have seen similiar stuff going on when you have discrepancies not in rate but in RATIO thereof.

Think of physics at 100hz, screen at 60. Now since these are not evenly divisable there is going to be unevenness, where objects move in a timespace not evenly comparable with screentime.

The same logic implies that 120hz game loop and 60hz rendering is much more smooth. Because the shifts in space will be even to a visual shift.

So different rates is fine. Not proportional ones usually is not ;)
Still, how many physics engines are out there having their frequencies corresponding to 60 Hz? Not to mention there are other refresh rates and also frame rates can be uncapped/capped oddly.

I think this particular issue can be attributed to KS starting using fmod as their sound engine. I can't remember all that well, but my memory tells me it wasn't like this back then in the pre-fmod "era".
Probably something to do with the multithreading implementation?
Whatever the reason is, it gets really annoying for sure :)

@TzZyO, yeah could be. It gets worse with more sound sources, a.k.a. more cars close to yours for instance.

I also recall that there was a time where this problem didnt exist. Now i see it on any installation regardless of OS and HW.
What I find weird here is that AC is not the only project using fmod, far from it. Yet it seem to be the most susceptible one to the issue.
On the other hand, as long as the driving experience is top notch, it's still (much) better than nothing.
I mostly drive around alone, so that's probably why I don't experience the stuttering all that much (apart from the times AC starts up after having an update).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 77 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 55 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.7%