Assetto corsa 1.2 CHANGELOG soon! (1/2 days)

After a live chat with Stefano Casillo, It has been revealed that most improvements of the upcoming 1.2 update for Assetto Corsa will touch Multiplayer (remade almost from scratch) and A.I (artificial intelligence) plus a lot of new features and further improved handling model!

We should expect the update to be available within 2 weeks while the changelog should be available within 1-2 days.

the upcoming 1.2 update for Assetto Corsa will touch Multiplayer (remade almost from scratch)
thanks for posting this, it's really interesting! :)

Btw, stefano has said that the MP improvements wont be any core changes, but just adding features. So I don't think there will be any fundamental improvements to the netcode?

Also, I was really surprised that zandvoort isn't laserscanned. That's a shame.

I didn't see big problems with the netcode yet except the expected warping of guys with a bad connection (they should get an auto-kick for high lost-packet count)

AI: Well, as i don't care a lot about streetcars, that career mode isn't really of interest for me and for my offline races i got GSCE ;)

Wasn't Zandvoort expected for june?
And it not being laserscanned, well, as long as it's really well done and accurate, i don't care that much about it. Remember: Laser scanned tracks aren't something new, the racing sims use that date since many years - it's the interpretation of that data which determins the outcome.
(interpretation = optimization done on the track mesh)

I'm mainly interested in MP improvements, although i don't think Kunos has the balls to patch the things in i'd like to see to provide cleaner racing ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 412 39.9%